SMBX Things that annoy you.

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Cedur » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 am

I keep being annoyed from jumping out of water, especially jumping over free water boxes. It's so easy to mess up.

Also I don't like the big Yoshi's Island-styled koopas / parakoopas, their hitboxes are weird.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Speaking of hitboxes... custom NPCs with absolutely messed up hitboxes like where you can't even jump on it correctly or anything that comes into contact that doesn't even look like it touches you graphical wise.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:08 pm

This doesn't apply to typical giantess enemies though, or does it? Whenever playing a level with the special giantess theme, I don't recall having problems with hitboxes.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Inaccurate hit boxes are quite annoying. I also hate lag. Thankfully it does not really happen on my laptop.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:04 pm

I had one of my older PCs where lag play its role here all the time and if you simply put a lot of background objects or NPCs that are filled on the screen it will lag and also longer levels do encounter lag aswell... which was terrible when I had my old PC back then for a couple of years ago.

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.

Postby RSupertheGreat » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Here's my list of my annoying SMBX things:

Squishy Rex wrote:SMBX constantly freezing when you switch into another window briefly. Then having to close it and start again because it doesn't matter how long you wait it won't unfreeze.
I have gotten this problem multiple times to be honest. Well..is it only me get this problem?

2. I'm on fighting the boss from the level Pwnhammer Duece(from The Invasion 2),where those rinkas started to go over me when I after grabbed the rainbow shell(item). The boss encountered and then those rinkas started to go over me(sorry,I'm bad at English). I'm a bit noobish on fighting them with Tanooki Suit and Hammer Suit. Well..I guess that's enough I have to say. :p

3. Speaking of rinkas from list number 2,I really hate chasing AIs especially Paratroopas since they have a shell(s). Brown Paragoombas...I would say it's average to jump on them. Well,maybe it's not that hard but my nightmare is a spammed chasing AIs.

4. I've heard that from an episode SMB3 Remastered have a Venus FireTrap with a warp on them can causes a runtime error. Darn it this thing.

5. A fill button. I thought it was a nescessary thing,one click and then many blocks appear,I had to erase them all over again. Good thing PGE have a undo button.

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Framerate drops due to certain background textures.

Crashing due to low memory from the graphics card.

Not being able to complete any level with Link due to his inability to pick things up.

Limiting myself to only getting episodes with Link as a playable character since he's my favorite character.

Not being able to add new frame animations for characters.

I think those are all of my annoyances.
Spoiler: show

Alucard648
Rex
Rex

Postby Alucard648 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Filtering away means of protection (power-ups, mounts) before tossing you into super-long, super-hard boss fight. Ala Sonic 2.
SMB3 Bowser + SMB2 bomb generators + unstompable Chasing Koopa generators + power-up filter = 99 lives wasted + rage-quit...
Add to mix caged Sirius Hammer Bros (the ones that shoot hammers like from laser-guided machine gun).

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 pm

What is a Sirius Hammer Bros.?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:57 am

RSuper wrote:I'm on fighting the boss from the level Pwnhammer Duece(from The Invasion 2),where those rinkas started to go over me when I after grabbed the rainbow shell(item). The boss encountered and then those rinkas started to go over me(sorry,I'm bad at English). I'm a bit noobish on fighting them with Tanooki Suit and Hammer Suit. Well..I guess that's enough I have to say. :p
Rinkas are a common hazard, you can learn to deal with them by practice just how you can learn to deal with SMB3 Bowser. I don't think the Rinkas are too many on the boss from TI2; you can manage it with Tanooki and Hammer Suit but playing as Link is also smart (he can stab Mother Brain and he can also defend himself with his shield).
Tiger Festival wrote:Limiting myself to only getting episodes with Link as a playable character since he's my favorite character.
That's not a good attitude and it would make you miss a lot of awesome works that don't have Link.

Alucard648
Rex
Rex

Postby Alucard648 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:09 am

FanofSMBX wrote:What is a Sirius Hammer Bros.?
This nightmarish enemy is from japanese SMB1 ROMhack named Sirius Mario Bros. 5. He looks like generiс Hammer Bros. enemy, but throws hammers at rate about 300 units per minute. Here is a video showcasing this monster in action.
https://youtu.be/43v0fqoMNAE?t=9m7s

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:39 pm

1) Hammer Bros. (except with the two-layer block setup, like below)

2) Those ninji-jump sections like in the invasion 2, where you have to jump between ninjis. Whenever you try to jump off, the ninji seems to just completely stop all upwards momentum and cause you to fall on the munchers below and die (I think it's the level called "The hot boot", image below)

3) Mixing 2x2 and 1x1 pixels. I'm OK with 1x1 pixels if you make everything use them, because it fits together. What I don't like is when some things use 1x1 pixels but everything else uses 2x2. It just looks weird and clashes.

4) CUTOFF!!!
Hammer Bros Setup: show
Ninji jumps (Invasion 2): show
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Tiger Festival wrote:Limiting myself to only getting episodes with Link as a playable character since he's my favorite character.
Why just play episodes that you can play as your favorite character?

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 am

King of Eterity wrote:
Why just play episodes that you can play as your favorite character?
I recently decided to stop doing that. After which I actually started having more fun.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:34 am

Untested levels. And clashing. That is it.
Last edited by Unidentified on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:38 am

You can only attach red donut blocks to npcs.
Not brown ones.
Redigit fucked up copypasting the code somehow.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:00 am

The Dwarven Digger wrote:Hammer Bros. (except with the two-layer block setup, like below)
They're not that big of a hassle if they appear isolatedly. It's easy to time a spin-jump on them even if you're small, you just need to watch out for its jumping (which happens in regular intervals). Hammer Bros are a bigger hassle in scrolling levels or when they appear one after each other on the ground.

Also I never really had a problem with the Ninji jumps. You just should halt shortly before you jump to the next one.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Bosses that take forever to beat with unnecessary hazards and obstacles to deal with.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Basically long tedious levels that waste my time. Often I end up giving up or editing them and cheating.

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:29 pm

Enjl wrote:You can only attach red donut blocks to npcs.
Not brown ones.
Actually, brown ones can still be attached to NPCs, but they only move horizontally. Theoretically, this quirk could be used to make interesting non-LunaLua effects or obstacles.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Return to “General”