38A forum: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=58
Subforum for reporting bugs: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php? ... 7322347217
Subforum for suggestions: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php? ... 7322347217
38A discord: https://discord.gg/95JU432
38A Support Bar (Credits to Wohlstand for making it)
Code: Select all
Post by 5438A38A
- The editor got a UI revamp, no longer attempting to fit into the legacy SMBX 1.3 style.
- Updated the script engine.
- You can now attach wings to blocks. The movement pattern of blocks varies according to the type of wings.
- If you want to let a large chunk of blocks move together, make big (in size) blocks using the custom blocks function and place them, instead of placing a bunch of small blocks.
- Added some new customable properties to blocks.
- Custom blocks that applies to the world map is now supported.
- Supersized (HUGE) platforms are supported again.
- Added OnScreen event for blocks that triggers every frame as long as the block is on the screen. (Overusing this event is not advised)
- Built-in events for blocks can be configured to run scripts directly and some of the events has now more parameters that can be acquired by scripts.
- Custom background objects that applies to the world map is now supported.
- You can now attach wings to NPCs. The movement pattern of NPCs varies according to the type of wings.
- The actual size of NPC-56 (Clown Car) can now be changed according to the custom NPC settings.
- There are more NPCs that can be shot by Fire Piranha Plants, and NPC-52 can now shoot NPCs.
- NPC-42 (Eerie) can now move vertically.
- Bullet Bills can now be configured to chase players.
- Added some new custom NPC options.
- Big NPCs can no longer directly have parachutes attached on them or be put into bubbles, as this feature is commonly reported as a bug.
- Built-in events for NPCs can be configured to run scripts directly and some of the events has now more parameters that can be acquired by scripts.
- Added transition effects for door type and pipe type (in the same section only) warps.
- Built-in events for warps can be configured to run scripts directly and some of the events has now more parameters that can be acquired by scripts.
- Added several new types of liquids.
- Added some new options to the force direction of liquid force fields.
- Added a new special event: Screen Shake.
- Added a new special event: Pause at Status Change: Any objects stop moving when the status of characters is changing.
- Custom effects that applies to the world map is now supported.
- You can now fully customize the object selection windows. NPCs, blocks and other objects of different types can now be put in a single window.
- The level editing window can now be resized. This only affects the editing process.
- Changed the UI style of the editor and the editor interface got an overhaul.
- The auto paint tool is now fully customizable and supports more objects. Objects with GFX expansions now works well with this tool.
- Section boundaries is now recognized by the auto paint tool as blocks to attach.
- More image formats are now supported by the level image exporting function.
- You can now apply sound effect customizations to levels individually.
- The special BGM of P-switches, Stop Watches, Super Stars and Mega Mushrooms can now be customized.
- The values of global variables can now be changed in the variable window when testing a level.
- Improved the script editor, added some keyword hints.
- Reworked the object swapping tool. You can set multiple swap results and even probabilities of each.
- Reworked the level boundary tool and merged the Reset Camera menu item with this.
- Reworked the object counter in Debugger. You can now customize the types of objects to be counted.
- Auto paint mode now works well with flip tools.
- Selection tools now works in world map editing mode.
- Added pop-up selection boxes for convenient selection when inputting or finding IDs of objects.
- Added pop-up selection boxes when a certain file name needs to be inputted.
- The reserved items will no longer always drop from the middle of the screen when custom HUD configurations are active, the drop position is determined automatically.
- Removed the music test feature in World Editor. This feature is moved and merged to Music Manager. You can change the paths of default music files and the music that plays when editing levels.
- If a custom background music is playing when editing levels, the music will not stop even if the game window lost focus.
- Replaced language files with Editor Language Configuration Tool, where all strings that you see in the editor will be automatically listed, and you can translate them into other languages.
- Most changes will be applied after restarting the editor, and some changes will take effect instantly. Besides, you can export your translations as files to share with others.
- Only loaded strings will be recorded, and newly found strings will be appended to the string list. Therefore, opening (and closing) all windows in the editor is suggested before you translate.
- Every translated string will have an generated unique ID associated. When the game updates, outdated translated strings will not be loaded and unchanged strings will work as usual.
- Added Recent Levels so you can open recently opened levels conveniently.
- Changing sections and pressing 'Esc' key to stop level testing no longer resets the editor camera.
- Added Preference Settings to the editor. The editor can now memorize some preferences of users, but this will make the editor take more time (a few seconds) to launch for the first time.
- Added Default Graphics Editing Tools for configuring object customization interfaces.
- Global string variables are stored in the save file, the same as global value variables.
- The main game now supports "windowed fullscreen" mode.
- Slightly adjusted the physics.
- Levels that have scripts with compile errors can no longer be loaded in the main game, but are still playable in the editor by disabling the scripts with problems.
- Fixed the bug that Goal Poles do not work with world maps.
- Fixed the bug that some resource files can not be properly loaded under certain circumstances.
- Fixed the bug that some custom configurations on Effects are not working in some situations.
- Fixed the bug that the option to disable the intro animation when warping between levels is not working.
- Fixed some more bugs that have ever existed for a long time.
Mirror 1 (WohlSoft.ru)
Mirror 2 (Yandex-Disk)
Mirror 3 (MEGA)
Fix version(EXE Only):
Fixed some bugs which will crash the editor.(Runtime Error)
Any bugs about sound and music, if they will crash the game(Fatel Error), you should contact Wohlstand to fix.