The 4-yearversary is tomorrow, so here's an early birthday present!
Download Version 2
There is no "patch" upgrade since the update is aimed at new players. While save files are compatible, the fact that it's gonna end up in a different smbx installation will hardly make replacing the previous folder worthwhile anyway.
- Updated names of characters to more seamlessly connect to Subzero Heroes (releasing 9/9)
- Miscellaneous changes in dialogue (characters won't swear anymore)
- Removed controversial figures
- Reduced coin cost of several items to reduce the need for grinding (1up box, Beach Ticket, Mysterious Key, Lite Pass)
- Lowered the amount of maximum inventory slots
- Added playerphysicspatch to improve gameplay experience
- Minor design changes to Forgotten Mansion and Grand Chemo 666
- Fixed a softlock in Grand Chemo 666
- Adjusted launcher page.
We have decided to not make massive changes in order to preserve the game's original quality (similar to Summer Makeover). So you might find the episode to be a bit rough around the edges by today's standards.
As part of the new launcher page I have created a reference site
that lists all episodes in the series in order, with links to all the available threads. If you're new and looking to get into the series, that is a good place to start.
The evil arc of this episode serves as the prequel or prologue to Subzero Heroes, so if you are looking forward to that, I recommend playing (or watching gameplay of) the evil arc of this episode beforehand.
Lastly, this is going to be the final update for this episode. While making it I have discovered that there are several bugs in older scripts that this episode relies on to function. So if this episode breaks again on future releases of SMBX2, it will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Since we keep an archive of old SMBX2 versions up and running, however, you should still be able to play it on Betas 3 and 4 (and maybe future versions depending on which scripts get removed for deprecation) indefinitely.