Site Discussion Thread

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: This is for you, Shadow Yoshi.

Postby Rhosty » Fri May 19, 2017 9:34 am

I've heard somewhere that Shadow Yoshi is a username Joey uses on other sites, and that he might not be changing it for a while

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:I've heard somewhere that Shadow Yoshi is a username Joey uses on other sites, and that he might not be changing it for a while
if ever

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am

My username used to be Joey (my real name), and so when people quoted me it would say that. Since changing my username for April Fools Day and not changing it back, new quotes of my posts will say "Shadow Yoshi".

I may change my name back at some point. We'll see!

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 am

guys we should really bring the wiki back soon

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Fri May 19, 2017 11:16 am

Snessy the duck wrote:guys we should really bring the wiki back soon
Was already tried once and failed though.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 am

Mable wrote:
Darn, how sad. It should be done at one point though. Also, what exactly was it that failed?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 am

It would've been alive if wasn't a data wipeout.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri May 19, 2017 11:54 am

Mable wrote:
Do you mean the wiki that Aero contributed a lot for during 2014? Was there a wiki before this site?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 pm

^
Pretty much. Even though everyone still calls him Joey

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 pm

There was, later on it was suggested to get it back and that maybe a few people help for it. But that kinda died then.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Mable wrote:There was, later on it was suggested to get it back and that maybe a few people help for it. But that kinda died then.
This. Iirc it died because of a bunch of boring enemy pages and it was going to basically be an alt Mario wiki. It could be revived though just in a different direction more towards being a resource for H&S, and some people said in a separate thread of mine that Level Design/Episodes would also be a good focus. It's up to the admins though to bring it back.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Cedur wrote:and we already start to wonder if he'll ever change it back or if it's permanent.
Who is we? Not everyone wonders about that. Most people don't really care if you ever gonna change it back at all even if it was on April fools.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm

The "data wipeout" isn't the sole reason we don't have a wiki (I don't remember the exact circumstances of this, but still), nor was it ever planned to be an "alt MarioWiki" (thought it may have looked like that based on the progress at the time) - I probably said something related to this a while back but I'll make it clear here:

I have plans and ideas for the wiki that will never be executed unless someone else/a team wants to do them. Anyone else is welcome to suggest other/better ideas for use of the wiki. Mine are as follows:

- Extensive documentation of SMBX (characters, NPCs, scripts, etc.)
- Guides, FAQs, etc.
- Information on official episodes (their worlds/levels) and other episodes/projects at the discretion of their creators
- Information on SMBX community history/members/events

The wiki is essentially ready for use but nobody has come to me with any solid plans on how to use it.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Documentation and guides would be pretty cool to have - I'd be willing to contribute.
Jesus is my savior.

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Fri May 19, 2017 6:35 pm

I want to see this wiki come back to life

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Shadow Yoshi wrote:I have plans and ideas for the wiki that will never be executed unless someone else/a team wants to do them. Anyone else is welcome to suggest other/better ideas for use of the wiki. Mine are as follows:

- Extensive documentation of SMBX (characters, NPCs, scripts, etc.)
- Guides, FAQs, etc.
- Information on official episodes (their worlds/levels) and other episodes/projects at the discretion of their creators
- Information on SMBX community history/members/events

The wiki is essentially ready for use but nobody has come to me with any solid plans on how to use it.
Extensive documentation of NPCs and characters is why I mentioned the alt MarioWiki thing. I don't see anything beyond basic documentation being necessary - basically no more than the Link guide sticky - for characters, and there are other resources such as this that cover NPCs sufficiently enough already. Ultimately episodes, FAQs, and level design pages would be a great core for the wiki due to the abundance of pages it can create that would be genuinely useful and better organized for people that need it. I was thinking of something that is very supplemental to the H&S forum, replaces the Level Design Tips thread, and with forum organized teams starting wiki projects on things they know a lot about (i.e. Lua scripting, episode history, graphic design, third party SMBX tools, 1.4.*, etc.) and branching off from there. I see this as pretty much adjacent to your ideas with some changes in focus and I'm already wanting to work on a wiki, and I'm pretty sure several people are just as willing to develop on the plan more to get the wiki open.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Aero wrote:Extensive documentation of NPCs and characters is why I mentioned the alt MarioWiki thing. [...]
Yeah, and I see what you mean - at that point it was probably a bit too general. The reason why a wiki is a better option than that PDF (unless we were to make a full manual and distribute it with SMBX? that may be a different idea for a different day, and even then I still think it'd be a good idea to have stuff online) is that it's easier to view and read (and probably quicker to load) and we'd be able to format it how we want to. Also, we should consolidate as much general SMBX information to this site anyway and not have to link offsite for anything (an exception to this would maybe be LunaLua just to avoid copying all of that over here, but that is an option). Otherwise I agree. I'd volunteer to be on a team for forum/community history.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri May 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Yeah I agree with a more online thing than a manual and a wiki would be a good way of content and quality control at that. I would volunteer in writing pages for NPCs with that basic PDF information and any extra information for them.

Noodle
Banned
Chat Username: N00d13

Custom Usergroups

Postby Noodle » Sat May 20, 2017 10:57 am

Is it possible to make usergroups? Some people want to make a clan on the forums, while an other usergroup could be useful for Mafia players.
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Re: Custom Usergroups

Postby glitch4 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 am

Noodle wrote:Is it possible to make usergroups? Some people want to make a clan on the forums, while an other usergroup could be useful for Mafia players.
What people?

Return to “Archives”