I was given rights to continue The Invasion 3 (which used to be lead by SuperMario7). He became inactive so reghrhre gave the project to me. As you all know, progress has been pretty steady: world 1 and 2 are almost done and world 3 was started. First, I'd like to reassemble the old team of project moderators. After that, we'll host level designer tryouts (again) and start working on the project.
If you were a project moderator please post in this topic and let me know. I'll update it frequently!
All World 1 levels have been approved except for ConXus' level
1-1 Precious Paradise by Kyo
1-2 Embarking Adventure by reghrhre
1-3 Cave Rave by Ace
1-4 Veggie Valley by Pseudo-dino
1-5 Tidal Transition by SuperMario7
1-6 Sunset Shore by SuperMario7
1-7 Wavy Waterway by ElTipsa
1-8 Bright Blue Beach by sezixor
1-9 Seaside Stronghold by Kyo
1-Invasion Misty Airfleet designed by Conellossus/ConXus
1-B Bonus Wheel by Kyo
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/l8kl ... f98/W1.zip
2-1 Vanilla Tops by Darkonius64
2-2 Precipice Pikes by sezixor
2-3 Pitchblack Pothole by Natsu and Jarckius
2-4 Mystic Rocks by Shinbison
2-5 Turbulent Trench by sezixor
2-6 Subconian Subaqueous by Zant
2-7 Ghostly Grotto by SuperMario7
2-8 Valhalla Vessels Wreck by Sux
2-9 Caliginous Caverns by SuperMario7p
2-10 Unclaimed (Cave Dungeon)
2-Invasion Airfleet Burrows by Natsu
Download Link for world 2 levels: http://www.mediafire.com/download/32bsm ... orld+2.zip
3-1 Arenaceous Sands (Desert) by Natsu
3-2 Mirage Oasis (Oasis) by Shinbison
3-3 Slurry Subsoil (Desert/Cave) by Beyond
3-4 (Desert/Pyramid) - Claimed by Sednaiur, no idea if he finished it though so you'd have to ask him
3-5 (Canyon) - Claimed by ElTipsta, no idea if he finished it though so you'd have to ask him
3-6 Ghostly Gorge (Canyon/Ghost House) by Beyond
3-7 Temple Skyway (Desert Temple/Sky) by ConXus
3-Invasion (Airship/Woods/Desert) - Claimed by SnifitGuy69, never finished.
Level Designer Application Thread (Original Post) Level Standards
SuperMario7 wrote:This episode is supposed to be the greatest of all time, so the acceptance standard is very high. Here are some guidelines on what the levels should look like, and it will be the duty of the project moderators to ensure that the levels fit these standards:
1. Levels must be well-designed. This means that the design should have a variety of sections and gimmicks (that variety being determined upon which world the level will be featured in).
2. Levels must be graphically pleasing. So that means no clash. Custom graphics are not required, but recommended to keep the levels looking fresh and new all the time.
3. Project mods will say if your music choices are acceptable or not. So if you have a soundtrack that is too long, you'll need to shorten it. If you have an unnecessary amount of music, some may need to be removed. Try to keep the music below 3 mintues, and make sure you only use multiple soundtracks if the first soundtrack doesn't fit in a certain section.
4. Levels need to match the theme of the world. That means that if you're designing a level for a cave world, make a cave level. Of course you can expand upon the theme. Like you could add the theme of lava to your cave level, to make it a lava/cave level.
5. Levels need to match the difficulty of the world. So if you have a W1 level to make, be sure that it is easy. If you have a later world level to make, be sure it is more difficult.
6. Levels will need to be approved by at least 3 project moderators to be accepted into the episode. If you make a level that has no hope of being accepted even with all errors improved, you have one chance to redo it. If it needs to be restarted a second time, you no longer have dibs on that level. You can claim a different level, however, and start again.
7. You need to post proof or progress (a screenshot) after one week of claiming a level. If proof is not shown within a week, you will be messaged by a project moderator, as well as given a reminder on the level topic. If you fail to respond in a few days, the level will become unclaimed again.
8. Levels must include 5 dragon coins and a SMB3 roulette exit. The dragon coins should be placed in places that are not too easy but still achievable for inexperienced players. Secret exits will be a SMW key exit.
Sorry about any spelling/grammar errors or if I left anything out.I just kind of rushed through this to get it out there and I'll be going back over it.
Project ModeratorsRaster wrote:1. Sunbaked Stroll (Grass/Beach) [completed]
2. Gloomy Grotto (Cave)
3. Desolated Dunes (Desert)
4. Fearsome Forest (Forest/Jungle)
5. Azure Arctic (Ice/Snow)
6. Infernal Industry (Volcano/Factory)
7. Horror Hilltop (Ghost/Mountain)
8. Abominable Asteroids (Ghostly Space)
9. Surreal Star (Bonus)
Here are some screenshots of the levels: