The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.

Is this episode will be better with custom characters for a non-mario universe?

Yes! It's better to have Giana and Maria as a custom character (help needed).
11
92%
No! Mario and Luigi are better.
1
8%
 
Total votes: 12
User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED)

Postby Super Luigi! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't have much criticism for you, since I like how everything looks. The cream pipe outline is a bit distracting, but it might fit in better in other levels.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
GianaSistersfan64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 am
Current Project: The Great Giana's Adventure
Chat Username: GSfan64
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED)

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Just some minor update that the demo will be available when i will finish the world 3 and redo old levels. It will take so long. Also i will maybe add some easter eggs (yes i love secret stuff in video games)!

Edit : I've made some touches the cream pipe for underground levels.
Image

Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.

Spoiler: show

Image

This is Ultra Instict Sammy and nobody can stop him.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

My project :
Image

User avatar
GianaSistersfan64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 am
Current Project: The Great Giana's Adventure
Chat Username: GSfan64
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Newest levels!

Level 3-6
Spoiler: show
Image
Level 3-7 (boss level)
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Level 3-8
Spoiler: show
Image
Note : There's some sprites that who have not been modified and there's some points i have forgotten to fix or added. The ship graphics belong to Sednaiur.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.

Spoiler: show

Image

This is Ultra Instict Sammy and nobody can stop him.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

My project :
Image

User avatar
WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Can I help? I'm not really a Giana sisters fan but I use smbx 1.4 and probably some of the only help the community will offer (1.4.x is usually not a supported version)
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

User avatar
GianaSistersfan64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 am
Current Project: The Great Giana's Adventure
Chat Username: GSfan64
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:Can I help? I'm not really a Giana sisters fan but I use smbx 1.4 and probably some of the only help the community will offer (1.4.x is usually not a supported version)
The only help i need is for the player hitbox and animation frame but if you want to help me for that, you can.

Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.

Spoiler: show

Image

This is Ultra Instict Sammy and nobody can stop him.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

My project :
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED)

Postby Eri7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 am

Taycamgame wrote:This looks really nice, but 3-4 looks a lot longer than the other levels. Also, that cream coloured pipe thing really stands out and doesn't suit the level, but it would probably look better if it was a shade of blue.
Other than that, this project looks great!
EDIT: But I realised that it is for 1.4.4, so I guess I won't be playing it anytime soon (unless it is made compatible with 2.0).
I like the level timer idea. Not sure if that is a 1.4.4 feature, but if it is something like lunalua, do you think you could send me the code for it?
The level timer is default feature in 38A/1.4.4 that can be accessed through events , even if he did have the code for the timer it wouldn't work on 2.0 because Teascript and Luna lua are 2 different scripting languages.
Side note : Also i think that your response about making it compatible with 2.0 might be taken as an offence to someone because if someone choose to make his episode in one version then there is a reason why its in this specific version , please dont take this as a fact but as an opinion , you have the right to disagree with me.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1389
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 am

Hmm, didn't think it would be regarded as an offence... Nevertheless, I hope this project goes well!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4485
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby Electriking » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Wait, so suggesting to make a version of a project for another version of SMBX is offensive? Not that it would be a necessary suggestion since you can just download 1.4 if you want to play episodes for that version.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby Eri7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Electriking wrote:Wait, so suggesting to make a version of a project for another version of SMBX is offensive? Not that it would be a necessary suggestion since you can just download 1.4 if you want to play episodes for that version.
He didn't suggest anything , just said that he will rather play it on 2.0 than 38A(also he said that he wont play the episode anytime soon if it was made only for 38A and is kinda a sign of discrimination towards his project because its made in 38A , now should the creator feel bad because he made it in 38A, of course NOT!) and that implies that he wants the creator of the project to convert it into 2.0 and thats offensive because first , the creator put hard work into his project and to do it over again in another engine that doesnt support the functions of 1.4 will give him problems with converting it especially if he is not a big fan of PGE , second that is disrespectful because instead of playing the original version of the episode , he wants the creator to work twice as hard to provide him with another version that might suck alot more than his original.But a good suggestion i think would be , i will first play the original version and tell you how to improve it and if you decide to convert it to 2.0 then it would be great to use the advices of others upon improving the episode. Anyways , i just gave out my opinions and i will say it again , you have the right to disagree with me.

User avatar
GianaSistersfan64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 am
Current Project: The Great Giana's Adventure
Chat Username: GSfan64
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Electriking wrote:Wait, so suggesting to make a version of a project for another version of SMBX is offensive? Not that it would be a necessary suggestion since you can just download 1.4 if you want to play episodes for that version.
He didn't suggest anything , just said that he will rather play it on 2.0 than 38A(also he said that he wont play the episode anytime soon if it was made only for 38A and is kinda a sign of discrimination towards his project because its made in 38A , now should the creator feel bad because he made it in 38A, of course NOT!) and that implies that he wants the creator of the project to convert it into 2.0 and thats offensive because first , the creator put hard work into his project and to do it over again in another engine that doesnt support the functions of 1.4 will give him problems with converting it especially if he is not a big fan of PGE , second that is disrespectful because instead of playing the original version of the episode , he wants the creator to work twice as hard to provide him with another version that might suck alot more than his original.But a good suggestion i think would be , i will first play the original version and tell you how to improve it and if you decide to convert it to 2.0 then it would be great to use the advices of others upon improving the episode. Anyways , i just gave out my opinions and i will say it again , you have the right to disagree with me.
I'm agree with you. I don't want to do a version for 2.0 because it will be very hard convert a 38A episode to 2.0 and i have some script that will be important for the episode. Also 38A have some things that 2.0 don't have (like timer, other NPCs and the GFX-Expansion UI). Also the first demo will come soon when i will finishe by redoing old levels.

Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.

Spoiler: show

Image

This is Ultra Instict Sammy and nobody can stop him.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

My project :
Image

User avatar
WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby WildWEEGEE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:41 pm

GianaSistersfan64 wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:Can I help? I'm not really a Giana sisters fan but I use smbx 1.4 and probably some of the only help the community will offer (1.4.x is usually not a supported version)
The only help i need is for the player hitbox and animation frame but if you want to help me for that, you can.
Sorry for late repsonse... I'm not good with spriting but maybe I might be able to make a level for your project just pm me the gfx your using if interested
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

User avatar
GianaSistersfan64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 am
Current Project: The Great Giana's Adventure
Chat Username: GSfan64
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
GianaSistersfan64 wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:Can I help? I'm not really a Giana sisters fan but I use smbx 1.4 and probably some of the only help the community will offer (1.4.x is usually not a supported version)
The only help i need is for the player hitbox and animation frame but if you want to help me for that, you can.
Sorry for late repsonse... I'm not good with spriting but maybe I might be able to make a level for your project just pm me the gfx your using if interested
Hmm... Well the demo will realise in two week or more (because of school). And you will have the sprites in the folder. But i don't really need level designer, sorry.

Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.

Spoiler: show

Image

This is Ultra Instict Sammy and nobody can stop him.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

My project :
Image

User avatar
WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby WildWEEGEE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:00 pm

GianaSistersfan64 wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
GianaSistersfan64 wrote: The only help i need is for the player hitbox and animation frame but if you want to help me for that, you can.
Sorry for late repsonse... I'm not good with spriting but maybe I might be able to make a level for your project just pm me the gfx your using if interested
Hmm... Well the demo will realise in two week or more (because of school). And you will have the sprites in the folder. But i don't really need level designer, sorry.
Understood. Good luck :D
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

User avatar
goombaguy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am
Flair: AKA Kiyoshi
Current Project: 6 Returning Coins
Contact:

Re: The Great Giana's Adventure (1.4.4 REQUIRED + poll)

Postby goombaguy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Woah a Giana Sisters project???
This is some real interesting stuff right here. Good luck and I hope to see this project finished sometime!
Image
DISCORD: kiyoshi#7569
MY TWITTER


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest