SMBX: Around the World (CANADA DEMO)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What videos should I put up for the episode?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Trailers
No votes
Gameplay Previews
100%

Total votes: 1
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX: Around the World (alternate-history-travel-around-Earth type SMBX episode)

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:24 am

I'd like to vote not only for Norway but also for Iceland, as they're both fantastic pleasant countries

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

FlatKiwi
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: i can touch my nose with my tongue how cool is tha
Current Project: SMB: Super Missing Bros.
Chat Username: FlatKiwi

Re: SMBX: Around the World (alternate-history-travel-around-Earth type SMBX episode)

Postby FlatKiwi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 am

heh, if it's possible I'd really liek to do a level for my home country, the UK. (It's gonna be really rainy)

Greendan
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: I stay calm in tense situations.
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. X Greendan Edition
Chat Username: ₥łĐØⱤł₦Ɇ₭Ø

Postby Greendan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 am

I am quite surpsized to see that currently Bulgaria has the most votes in the poll. :) As a bulgarian, I am glad to see that people vote for that country. Bulgaria is popular with its variety of landscapes, like green forests, beautiful mountains, old styled villages with traditional houses and huge plains full of rose bushes. I can see that you are a good level designer, so there is no doubt you will be able to present any country on it's best side. Good luck with your project! ;)

Current Project:

You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:: show

Cref57
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Super Mario Bros DX Restart | Henry hatsworth mushroom kingdom adventure | Cref57 gfx pack
Chat Username: Cref57

Postby Cref57 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:49 pm

MEXICO? :(
Join to my server
ADD PROJECT MIX LOGO HERE

WAH

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 am

Cref57 wrote:MEXICO? :(
is already listed as a world in the OP

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:05 am

Here's a idea:

Make the world map theme a SNES remix of "Around the World" by Daft Punk!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 am

MegaCDFan235 wrote:Africa (1 level in a tiny bit of progress)
Africa is a continent while the rest are countries, which is a little interesting, especially since you already have other levels centered around African countries

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:47 am

What if different currencies were used in different worlds (Ex: Europe uses pounds, etc) and also what if politics had a effect on the story? (Ex: Donald trump attacks Mexico during a Mexico level)

None of these are needed but would be cool nonetheless
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Gremonow
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Fight for the Kingdom - The Return of Mario
Chat Username: Gremonow

Postby Gremonow » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:10 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:What if different currencies were used in different worlds (Ex: Europe uses pounds, etc) and also what if politics had a effect on the story? (Ex: Donald trump attacks Mexico during a Mexico level)

It would be too joke-like level, don't you think so? :)

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Gremonow wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:What if different currencies were used in different worlds (Ex: Europe uses pounds, etc) and also what if politics had a effect on the story? (Ex: Donald trump attacks Mexico during a Mexico level)

Not really, when you think about it it makes a lot of sense
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:34 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Gremonow wrote:

Then again, the currencies would be cool but they would work well as reskinned stars instead of just being mentioned constantly and politics would be cool, with the player going against environmental issues like pollution and desertification and such, or jumping your way through a deadly war.

8lue Storm
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:06 am

Westretroman wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
Gremonow wrote: It would be too joke-like level, don't you think so? :)
Then again, the currencies would be cool but they would work well as reskinned stars instead of just being mentioned constantly and politics would be cool, with the player going against environmental issues like pollution and desertification and such, or jumping your way through a deadly war.
I agree, Westretroman. The currencies and environmental issues are a cool idea. From Brazil's Screenshot, I can't tell in which state it's located. However, if it was polluted and smokey, then it would be easier to tell the state.
Be sure to include a lot of aspects from each country. Since it's a different idea, I'm expecting some excellent level design. Good Luck!

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 3 shelljumps in my life!

CoinKillerL
Rex
Rex
Current Project: CoinKiller Adventure (2.0)
Chat Username: CoinKillerL

Postby CoinKillerL » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 am

great idea,but some of the tiles looks really out of place
Check also out these amazing projects!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Gremonow
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Fight for the Kingdom - The Return of Mario
Chat Username: Gremonow

Postby Gremonow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:58 am

8lue Storm wrote:
Westretroman wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote: Not really, when you think about it it makes a lot of sense
I agree, Westretroman. The currencies and environmental issues are a cool idea. From Brazil's Screenshot, I can't tell in which state it's located. However, if it was polluted and smokey, then it would be easier to tell the state.
Be sure to include a lot of aspects from each country. Since it's a different idea, I'm expecting some excellent level design. Good Luck!
Didn't you guys ever heard about bossedit8's "What not to do in SMBX" video on youtube?? XD

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:06 am

Gremonow wrote:
8lue Storm wrote:
Westretroman wrote: Then again, the currencies would be cool but they would work well as reskinned stars instead of just being mentioned constantly and politics would be cool, with the player going against environmental issues like pollution and desertification and such, or jumping your way through a deadly war.
Didn't you guys ever heard about bossedit8's "What not to do in SMBX" video on youtube?? XD
There is nothing to do with currencies/politics in that video lol.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

8lue Storm
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Gremonow wrote:
8lue Storm wrote:
Westretroman wrote: Then again, the currencies would be cool but they would work well as reskinned stars instead of just being mentioned constantly and politics would be cool, with the player going against environmental issues like pollution and desertification and such, or jumping your way through a deadly war.
I heard. I already watched it several times.
And Electriking, I think he's talking about joke levels.
I'm not talking about joke levels. I'm talking about cool game mechanics that could be included.

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 3 shelljumps in my life!

MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit
Current Project: SMBX: Around the World (A Typical SMBX Episode is being put on hold)

Super Update 3: BFG Edition

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Another update, huh? What's in it?
Added and Replaced Canada Screenshots: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Replaced Hawaii Screenshots: show
Image is going to be replaced with Image
Added Scotland Screenshot: show
Added Ireland Screenshot: show
Added Egypt Screenshots: show
Image Image Image Image Image
Added Poland Screenshots: show
Image Image Image Image
???: show
Image Image Image
I sorta clarified the "alternate history" part of the project in the "Wait, what?" spoiler.
Also, do you ever notice the...peculiar shape of the object behind Mario and Luigi in the project's banner?
Well, this object...is something, alright. Can you guess what it means?
The pink dot on the map is a hint. The answer won't be revealed until "Reveal Day" (April 20, 2018).
SMBX Stuff: show

Image Image

CANCELLED:

MARIO 5: BETWEEN UNIVERSES NOTICE: show
Mario 5: Between Universes has been canceled, and certain sections of the levels that survived through screenshots will be reused in some levels in SMBX: Around the World and will also be getting sort of a remake in either one of the episodes I'm working on. I'm really sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Neat! I like the new screenshots and the last screenshots are pretty cool too! I do wonder what that pink object is, we will have to wait and see.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Is it... Moscow?

also, that black hole in the middle of the logo annoys me so much.

ImageImage

goSciu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: GIMP Master
Current Project: Not revealed yet project
Chat Username: goSciu

Postby goSciu » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Is there someone for Polish translation? If not, count me in!
Just a nice guy.

Current project:
Not gonna reveal yet.
I support:

My nickname is read "gos-chyoo" (IPA - 'ɡɔst͡ɕu) and translates into guy (gUy when stylized)

Return to “Projects”