The Mushroom Kingdom had lived in peace ever since Bowser's plans for world invasion through the power of the Sacred Star were ruined by Mario and his friends. However, unnerving news from the neighboring kingdom of Shiverburn Nova reached her highness, Queen Daisy. With the royal flagship and her most trusted allies, she began the journey to confront Bowser, who had obtained a new kind of power that would ensure his superiority.
The episode begins with an assault to Bowser's palace. Can you solve the perplexing puzzles in the mysterious world of Shiverburn Nova and put an end to Bowser's plans?
* 4 playable characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Link)
* Over 100 levels
* Multi-phase boss fights and minibosses
* Unlimited lives
* Takes advantage of LunaLua and SMBX 2.0 features
* Main graphics by Sednaiur
Originally released in 2016. The episode has gone through a major overhaul in 2018-2019. Some of the changes include:
* Puzzles made visually simpler and more pleasant
* Story and atmosphere changed for the lighter
* Every existing level partly or completely remade, many removed
* Plenty of completely new levels, especially in the latter half of the episode
* Many levels no longer include a key
* Added a possibility to skip a certain amount of levels
* Overall difficulty lowered
* Miniboss introduction levels made much shorter
* Music changed for all levels
* Player graphics converted to png to prevent crashing
The episode should be played on SMBX 2.0 Beta 3.
As puzzle episodes require as much testing as possible, the beta test is open to anyone. Any feedback related to the episode difficulty, bugs, things that were enjoyable, things that were not enjoyable is more than welcome. Feedback is appreciated both in PMs and in this thread. The beta version is a full version of the remade episode, the final release will most likely not be much different. Please note, that the download may get taken down at any moment during the beta.
Known issues or things that will be changed for the final release:
- Star count is currently not visible on the world map
- Enemies that are present on the screen turn into coins when a star is collected (visual issue)
- Level exit doors that lead into a level that includes a star display a 0/1 text on them
- Beanstalk block graphic includes 1*1 pixels
- Arrow blocks in Haunt are placeholder graphics
- A possibility to skip story sections not yet added
- Bowser currently repeats his speech every time you enter the transformation room
Internal testing has only been done on SMBX 2.0 Beta 3. This is the recommended version to use (until Beta 4 comes out).
EDIT: Changed download to Mediafire.