Why I will be purchasing New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Nintendo Switch

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Sapphire Bullet Bill
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition

Why I will be purchasing New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Nintendo Switch

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:42 pm

1. The potential for mods.
The Switch is better than the Wii U several-fold. Heck, even Newer Super Mario Bros. U was cancelled. The switch already has a homebrew as well. Just imagine the mods for the switch in a few years...
2. This is a game I'm willing to play again.
Despite being a rehash, this is still the best one in the series, with a boat-load of content. I remember wanting the Wii U just so I could play the game. To me, this version has the most replay value, and I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff.
The sooner I die, the better.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Re: Why I will be purchasing New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Nintendo Switch

Postby DJFMHD » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 pm

I just want a 2d platformer to play on the switch.
hey

superdaine
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Darndest Devices (parody of public access TV)

Postby superdaine » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Effing A! I didn't even know this was a thing. I just made a video making fun of Nintendo making several consecutive "Deluxe" editions for switch, but I thought it was coincidence. This is really getting out of hand. I like new games. Whatever happened to new games.
Visit My Website!
https://www.thesuperdaine.com/
Play my games on GameJolt!
TheSuperDaine on GameJolt
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
TheSuperdaine on Youtube
Listen to my tunes on SoundCloud!
TheSuperDaine on SoundCloud
ImageImage
The Key Studios & TheSuperDaine logos belong to Daine Esvang via creative commons attribution license.
-Daine Esvang

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:12 am

Sapphire Bullet Bill wrote: 1. The potential for mods.

Both are good reasons why to buy New Super Mario Bros. U DX! ^^"

Sapphire Bullet Bill
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:12 pm

superdaine wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 pm
Effing A! I didn't even know this was a thing. I just made a video making fun of Nintendo making several consecutive "Deluxe" editions for switch, but I thought it was coincidence. This is really getting out of hand. I like new games. Whatever happened to new games.
"Luigi's Mansion 3"
"Yoshi's Crafted World"
"Zelda: Breath of the Wild"
"Super Mario Odyssey"
"Kirby: Star Allies."
"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"
"Metroid Prime 4"
"Snipperclips"
"Super Mario Party"
"Pokemon Let's Go"

I think we have enough new games for a while.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Don't forget Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, ARMS and Daemon X Machina, as well as the Labo kits.
DJFMHD wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 pm
I just want a 2d platformer to play on the switch.
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Kirby Star Allies are around, too. The former of the two is the best Nintendo platformer I've ever played.
superdaine wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 pm
They're being developed in parallel. An expansion to a console's game library doesn't hurt anyone. Nintendo gets more income and people who maybe never got the chance to buy the game on the original console now have a new opportunity. Ports are often handled by younger developers as well as a way of training them, or outsourced like in the case of Twilight Princess HD, which was developed by Tantalus Media.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:13 pm

I didn't get the chance to play NSMBU because i didn't own a Wii U and my PC is garbage with emulators but because i have Nintendo Switch , i am excited to buy NSMBU Deluxe because that's my favorite NSMB game even if i didn't play it(i watched a lot of videos on it) , so i am excited for the game.

Ace

Postby Ace » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Sapphire Bullet Bill wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:42 pm
The Switch is better than the Wii U several-fold. Heck, even Newer Super Mario Bros. U was cancelled. The switch already has a homebrew as well. Just imagine the mods for the switch in a few years...
Despite being a rehash, this is still the best one in the series, with a boat-load of content. I remember wanting the Wii U just so I could play the game. To me, this version has the most replay value, and I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff.
I do agree that it's pretty replayable, especially since I never got the luigi expansion so I am considering getting the deluxe version. However, I can't recommend modding your switch unless you never go online (ever), or use a throwaway switch with a throwaway account.

Unfortunately, in the process of going from the regular version to the DX version, they removed the ability for all four players to be on the same level field; without Blue Toad, someone has to play as Toadette or Nabbit, both of which make the game easier.

AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Italian that likes time travel
Current Project: ???
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486

Postby AndrewPixel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 am

Definitely gonna get it 'cause I haven't a Wii U but I love its games like MK8 or SM3DW or NSMBU, thanks to MK8D I was able to play it, and now it happened the same thing with NSMBU.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Switch Friend Code: SW-2755-4824-8495
[PGE Italian Translator] [I make logos for your episodes, ask me via Discord or PM]

Sapphire Bullet Bill
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Ace wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 pm
I do agree that it's pretty replayable, especially since I never got the luigi expansion so I am considering getting the deluxe version. However, I can't recommend modding your switch unless you never go online (ever), or use a throwaway switch with a throwaway account.

Unfortunately, in the process of going from the regular version to the DX version, they removed the ability for all four players to be on the same level field; without Blue Toad, someone has to play as Toadette or Nabbit, both of which make the game easier.
Just wait 10 years. The Switch Homebrew will probably be as popular as the Wii Homebrew.

superdaine
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Darndest Devices (parody of public access TV)

Postby superdaine » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 pm
Ace wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Just wait 10 years. The Switch Homebrew will probably be as popular as the Wii Homebrew.
Truth!
Visit My Website!
https://www.thesuperdaine.com/
Play my games on GameJolt!
TheSuperDaine on GameJolt
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
TheSuperdaine on Youtube
Listen to my tunes on SoundCloud!
TheSuperDaine on SoundCloud
ImageImage
The Key Studios & TheSuperDaine logos belong to Daine Esvang via creative commons attribution license.
-Daine Esvang

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:40 am

A big bump but I should let you know that it seems Nintendo recently falsified this statement. Not sure where the potential for modding is when hackers are unable to bypass a fix Nintendo made to the hardware mod they had been dealing with for months.

Added in 1 hour 16 minutes 54 seconds:
Although the fix can be (and has been) cracked, it will be a lot easier for Nintendo to patch them until a completely new method of hacking is created, so it may be a very long time until the Switch has the same levels of modding potential it had a week ago.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Return to “Video Games”