Hi, I just finished this privately to see how things are done.
Surprisingly, there is a somewhat decent improvement from the first release. The world map got a nice graphic over the original, some SMBX default bosses in the past have been replaced by the others, some levels have been extended with a good segment, while some have been removed. Most of all, it is surprising that the segments where you can skip/cheese are patched.
On the other hand, some old problems are still not fixed.
- Cutoffs ( Rarely occurs, most likely on mountain levels )
- Enemies' death animation aka effects ( If you take the graphic from someone else, please take the effect as well, if you can't, use blank instead aka make the effect invisible )
same occurs for the King Boo boss and Dark Bowser ( And seriously don't use plot "Dracula possessed Bowser so that he is distorted" as an excuse )
- Enemies' graphic ( Some enemies contains black parts prior to the fact that there are no m.gif files )
- The map ( I appreciate the use of customs, but please don't make the island square-like and use line paths on water and climbing mountain )
- The music ( I appreciate the diversity of the music, but come on no one plays a level for 1+ hours, there are multiple 1+ hours pieces of music that over 100 MB, which made up for the entire episode's 1 GB )
And yeah that's basically it. As Stageleft said, it is a fair basic episode. With levels like the Haunted Train level ( Level name too long to display on SMBX world map ), most bosses level and the majority of the world 3-4 levels, I am sure that it is pretty decent in my opinion. Keep it up!