The Mosaic Group's Journey(Hiatus until Beta 4's release)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: The Mosaic Group's Journey(In Need of a New Designer and Still Looking For Programmers)

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:52 pm

The person in question bailed out because of your deadlines. Why do you impose such strict requirements? You won't convince anyone to join such an important position, or at best they will rush their levels because of this, which you don't want either. Just let yourself and your team develop the project without being eager on getting it done in a quick timeframe. If a team member is ignoring their job, you'll notice anyway. A team member follows a common goal together with you, they are not your employee, they should still have space for other focuses. This is just creating an environment of discomfort leading to a worse outcome. The deadline for betatesting proves obsolete anyway because of e.g. hindrances that require a patch. Granted I wished the person would have talked to you before about leaving but I can clearly see why.

You have got some fantastic work already, and looking by the amount of stars and worlds planned you're already more than 50% done right? Which is a great position? Just keep moving on?

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7

Re: The Mosaic Group's Journey(In Need of a New Designer and Still Looking For Programmers)

Postby Eri7 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Yeah if stuff don't work out with your team then you should continue the development alone until you either get help again or finish your episode. And deadlines are bad , i never managed to finish any of my deadlines so i don't like them being a thing in smbx projects. Also you have to always expect to finish your project alone , if someone helps you with it , then great , consider it an addition but never be depended on them in order to finish your project because it will slow you down a lot, so yeah good luck , maybe you will get more people to help you in the future.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Cedur wrote: The person in question bailed out because of your deadlines. Why do you impose such strict requirements?
I hadn't realized they were that strict because i feel like 2 weeks is plenty of time to get a level done, but i guess it isn't?
Cedur wrote:You won't convince anyone to join such an important position, or at best they will rush their levels because of this, which you don't want either. Just let yourself and your team develop the project without being eager on getting it done in a quick timeframe.
The reason i wanted to pick up the pace on this is that this project has been in development for nearly 3 years and if i'm working at a rate as slow as 9-10 levels a year, this project wouldn't get finished for another 5+ years which i wouldn't really want.
Cedur wrote: If a team member is ignoring their job, you'll notice anyway. A team member follows a common goal together with you, they are not your employee, they should still have space for other focuses. This is just creating an environment of discomfort leading to a worse outcome.
To be fair, the reason for me giving people generally two weeks to finish one level is because i considered it enough time to fit other focuses in with it and hadn't realized it was such a strict deadline. And the reason for me having deadlines is the fact that i've had plenty of experience, and this includes myself, is that if you don't sent some sort of deadline to get things done, you commonly won't, i learned that from this thread, which even tells you to make deadlines and keep them, however i can see where you'd be coming from since it does also say that realistically, you won't end up keeping them, so i'm going to compromise on this. i'm not going to make deadlines to get things done, however i'll try to encourage that we get it done around that point, even if we don't usually end up finishing it by that exact date.
Cedur wrote: The deadline for betatesting proves obsolete anyway because of e.g. hindrances that require a patch. Granted I wished the person would have talked to you before about leaving but I can clearly see why.
I've caught on that much
Cedur wrote: You have got some fantastic work already, and looking by the amount of stars and worlds planned you're already more than 50% done right? Which is a great position? Just keep moving on?
Well, not exactly, it's more of being able to be curved to around how many levels are finished, which is around something a bit over 30, however i do have plenty of ideas for levels so it's fine in that sense. however, professional lunalua programmers are still something that are needed as i've tried to learn lunalua for over a year and just can't.
Eri7 wrote: Yeah if stuff don't work out with your team then you should continue the development alone until you either get help again or finish your episode.
The issue however is that i couldn't finish an episode this big alone realistically.
Eri7 wrote: And deadlines are bad , i never managed to finish any of my deadlines so i don't like them being a thing in smbx projects.
It's not necessarily that their bad, it's just that alot of people, and that includes my self, realistically don't keep them.
Eri7 wrote: Also you have to always expect to finish your project alone , if someone helps you with it , then great , consider it an addition but never be depended on them in order to finish your project because it will slow you down a lot,
That is true, i guess i sorta forgot about that for awhile.
Eri7 wrote:so yeah good luck , maybe you will get more people to help you in the future.
Thanks

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Mario Mania
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: Mario Mania

Postby Mario Mania » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:43 am

Screnshots Looks good and good work
Im believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature
Spoiler: show
My Project:Super Mario Bros Time travel
Im support
Spoiler: show
Sorry for my bad english im speak polish spainly

ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 pm

I volunteer for designer!

...Please?

anything and I'll do my best, I PMed you about it too!

:D
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Join Mosaic's new Discord server that has all of his activities in one place.

https://discord.gg/HBRQqQ (expires in 1 day)

and look at the beta to get a feeling of how the levels are designed.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Re: The Mosaic Group's Journey(Hiatus until Beta 4's Release)

Postby Mosaic » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:40 pm

For those of you not aware, this project isn't dead as you may think, i'm mainly just awaiting for Beta 4's release before getting back to work on it,
once that comes out, development will resume, therefore, this project is going on an official hiatus until it's ready.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: The Mosaic Group's Journey(Hiatus until Beta 4's release)

Postby Cedur » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:00 pm

this gives me some more time to test the levels remaining, I'm still stuck at the end of World 3 or the like

[ads]

Return to “Projects”