I need help with climbables

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

I need help with climbables

Postby Scroll » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am

When I want to delete climbables (like ladders, and vines), there are a lot of them in the same place! And I have to click a lot of times there to delete everything, and I can remove any other thing while so.

Linky
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am
Chat Username: linky

Re: I need help with climbables

Postby Linky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

I already had this same problem in the smbx level editor, I think with pge this does not happen

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4476
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: I need help with climbables

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Use PGE, you can highlight everything you want and then delete it in one go. You can also lock objects not belonging to the type (I.E: everything that is not a BGO) you don't want highlighting, so you won't need worry about deleting other types of objects. Unfortunately this won't hold true for objects of the same type, so you still have to replace any BGOs or NPCs (depending on the climbable you are using) you end up deleting.

Also you can use 'remove all' and 'remove all in section' when right clicking an object in PGE, which deletes all objects of its ID in the level or section.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8565
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: I need help with climbables

Postby Enjl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Speaking of PGE, that editor doesn't have the duplicate vine bug in the first place.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: I need help with climbables

Postby Scroll » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm
Use PGE, you can highlight everything you want and then delete it in one go. You can also lock objects not belonging to the type (I.E: everything that is not a BGO) you don't want highlighting, so you won't need worry about deleting other types of objects. Unfortunately this won't hold true for objects of the same type, so you still have to replace any BGOs or NPCs (depending on the climbable you are using) you end up deleting.

Also you can use 'remove all' and 'remove all in section' when right clicking an object in PGE, which deletes all objects of its ID in the level or section.
Thanks, PGE solved my problem.

PD: How I can do what you mentioned about locking objects?

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4476
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: I need help with climbables

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Surtur wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm
Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm
Use PGE, you can highlight everything you want and then delete it in one go. You can also lock objects not belonging to the type (I.E: everything that is not a BGO) you don't want highlighting, so you won't need worry about deleting other types of objects. Unfortunately this won't hold true for objects of the same type, so you still have to replace any BGOs or NPCs (depending on the climbable you are using) you end up deleting.

Also you can use 'remove all' and 'remove all in section' when right clicking an object in PGE, which deletes all objects of its ID in the level or section.
Thanks, PGE solved my problem.

PD: How I can do what you mentioned about locking objects?
Click on the tabs with the padlocks at the top.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: I need help with climbables

Postby Scroll » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm
Surtur wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm
Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm
Use PGE, you can highlight everything you want and then delete it in one go. You can also lock objects not belonging to the type (I.E: everything that is not a BGO) you don't want highlighting, so you won't need worry about deleting other types of objects. Unfortunately this won't hold true for objects of the same type, so you still have to replace any BGOs or NPCs (depending on the climbable you are using) you end up deleting.

Also you can use 'remove all' and 'remove all in section' when right clicking an object in PGE, which deletes all objects of its ID in the level or section.
Thanks, PGE solved my problem.

PD: How I can do what you mentioned about locking objects?
Click on the tabs with the padlocks at the top.
Thanks, it's easier than I thought.


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests