Nova Level Contest(2.0/1.3/38A)-Late deadline until 15-th May

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Scroll » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm
But you could at least judge the 38A half?
Maybe. And 1.3 too.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Hmm then this would be a problem as i want the judges to judge well, everything.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby PixelPest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 pm
Hmm then this would be a problem as i want the judges to judge well, everything.
This only makes sense as otherwise it would be unfair

User avatar
AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSoos

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby AirSeus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:51 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:48 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:31 pm


I know but you need at least some experience to understand how levels work. I have seen plenty of people judge levels based on their aesthetics rather than their gameplay and that frustrates me.
You definitely need knowledge on good game design to be an effective judge, but your ability to execute it has little, if any, correlation to you ability to judge a level. People who judge based off of aesthetics probably lack knowledge of good game design, which would in turn make them unable to judge (and also design levels).
I rather choose people who have experience being a judge or with experience in level design than someone who doesn't have both.
Then you are going to run into a fairly small group of people. You don't need to know how to create something excellent to judge it. If that was the case, almost every game/film critics opinion would be invalid because they don't know how to create a game or create a movie.
"If you don't get the egg, it will fuck you" - Sanct 2017

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Why are you here? I aint good at poetry?

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young"

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:03 am

AirSeus wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:51 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:48 pm

You definitely need knowledge on good game design to be an effective judge, but your ability to execute it has little, if any, correlation to you ability to judge a level. People who judge based off of aesthetics probably lack knowledge of good game design, which would in turn make them unable to judge (and also design levels).
I rather choose people who have experience being a judge or with experience in level design than someone who doesn't have both.
Then you are going to run into a fairly small group of people. You don't need to know how to create something excellent to judge it. If that was the case, almost every game/film critics opinion would be invalid because they don't know how to create a game or create a movie.
if you actually read my latest post, you would know i don't care anymore about requirements.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Is someone still interested at being a Judge? Also if someone wants to help out with the hubs and coding for the 2.0/38A version of the contest, then you can ask here but there is one requirement, you need to have discord so we can communicate at real time.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
MmmMario
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:28 am
Flair: Yeet
Current Project: My current project is living. Trust me, it's hard.
Chat Username: TawPawNaw

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby MmmMario » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:51 am

Thanks for adding me as a judge Eri!
Spoiler: show
Here's Johnny

Image

I will bore everyone out of their mind with my questions!!!

Spoiler: show
Does anyone else have the PostImages problem? Frankly, it annoys me that sometimes I can't view pictures.
Join mine and MemeLord's(PotatoMario's) server here: https://discord.gg/PUTNGKS

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:53 am

Now we need only 2 more Judges.
UPDATE:
Please tell me in which version must your level be played in after submitting it to me.

Also you can support this contest by placing this in your signature so it can gain more popularity.
Image

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23371&p=342082#p342082][img]https://i.imgur.com/b3T0Tl4.png[/img][/url]
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Scroll » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:53 am
Now we need only 2 more Judges.
UPDATE:
Please tell me in which version must your level be played in after submitting it to me.

Also you can support this contest by placing this in your signature so it can gain more popularity.
Image

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23371&p=342082#p342082][img]https://i.imgur.com/b3T0Tl4.png[/img][/url]
I still want to be a judge. I will download SMBX 2.0 at least for this contest!
Last edited by Scroll on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:02 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:53 am
Now we need only 2 more Judges.
UPDATE:
Please tell me in which version must your level be played in after submitting it to me.

Also you can support this contest by placing this in your signature so it can gain more popularity.
Image

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23371&p=342082#p342082][img]https://i.imgur.com/b3T0Tl4.png[/img][/url]
I still want to be a judge. I will just download SMBX 2.0 at least for this contest!
If you are able to use 2.0 and 38A then you can be a judge.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Scroll » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:02 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:53 am
Now we need only 2 more Judges.
UPDATE:
Please tell me in which version must your level be played in after submitting it to me.

Also you can support this contest by placing this in your signature so it can gain more popularity.
Image

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23371&p=342082#p342082][img]https://i.imgur.com/b3T0Tl4.png[/img][/url]
I still want to be a judge. I will just download SMBX 2.0 at least for this contest!
If you are able to use 2.0 and 38A then you can be a judge.
I'm able to use SMBX2, just I feel a bit uncomfortable with it because of the issues but if I will use it for the contest only, I guess there's no problem. In 38A, I don't have any other issue. Thanks!

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:02 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 am

I still want to be a judge. I will just download SMBX 2.0 at least for this contest!
If you are able to use 2.0 and 38A then you can be a judge.
I'm able to use SMBX2, just I feel a bit uncomfortable with it because of the issues but if I will use it for the contest only, I guess there's no problem. In 38A, I don't have any other issue. Thanks!
Ok, so last thing, can you find a way to get discord before 1-st April as its kinda needed for the judges because there are all of the submissions and reviews of the levels.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Scroll » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:08 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:02 am


If you are able to use 2.0 and 38A then you can be a judge.
I'm able to use SMBX2, just I feel a bit uncomfortable with it because of the issues but if I will use it for the contest only, I guess there's no problem. In 38A, I don't have any other issue. Thanks!
Ok, so last thing, can you find a way to get discord before 1-st April as its kinda needed for the judges because there are all of the submissions and reviews of the levels.
I have an account on Discord, but when I want to join to a channel, the messages don't appear (also idk how to join to the other channels like #smbx). And I activated my account too. Any thoughts?

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:10 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:08 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am

I'm able to use SMBX2, just I feel a bit uncomfortable with it because of the issues but if I will use it for the contest only, I guess there's no problem. In 38A, I don't have any other issue. Thanks!
Ok, so last thing, can you find a way to get discord before 1-st April as its kinda needed for the judges because there are all of the submissions and reviews of the levels.
I have an account on Discord, but when I want to join to a channel, the messages don't appear (also idk how to join to the other channels like #smbx). And I activated my account too. Any thoughts?
By channel, do you mean server? Why not google it or see videos on youtube. If this doesn't help, then we can move to PMs to see where exactly is the problem and not drag out the topic.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4146
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Electriking » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:10 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:08 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am

I'm able to use SMBX2, just I feel a bit uncomfortable with it because of the issues but if I will use it for the contest only, I guess there's no problem. In 38A, I don't have any other issue. Thanks!
Ok, so last thing, can you find a way to get discord before 1-st April as its kinda needed for the judges because there are all of the submissions and reviews of the levels.
I have an account on Discord, but when I want to join to a channel, the messages don't appear (also idk how to join to the other channels like #smbx). And I activated my account too. Any thoughts?
In order to become a member on the SMBX server, you will have to read the rules.
Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Scroll » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:12 am

Electriking wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:10 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:08 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 am


Ok, so last thing, can you find a way to get discord before 1-st April as its kinda needed for the judges because there are all of the submissions and reviews of the levels.
I have an account on Discord, but when I want to join to a channel, the messages don't appear (also idk how to join to the other channels like #smbx). And I activated my account too. Any thoughts?
In order to become a member on the SMBX server, you will have to read the rules.
I already did

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:14 am

Also vanilladude, i am not in the official smbx discord server because of uhh... ban... so if you can join my server instead, then it would be way better, just click on the Novaverse tab in my signature.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Scroll » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:17 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:14 am
Also vanilladude, i am not in the official smbx discord server because of uhh... ban... so if you can join my server instead, then it would be way better, just click on the Novaverse tab in my signature.
Alright! Are you there right now?

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:17 am
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:14 am
Also vanilladude, i am not in the official smbx discord server because of uhh... ban... so if you can join my server instead, then it would be way better, just click on the Novaverse tab in my signature.
Alright! Are you there right now?
Yep, i am everyday active, its a big server as well with over 100 members so you can chat with other people there when i am gone :D or react to my newest progress of my project.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ludwig_von Koopa
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:17 am
Flair: FINAL BOSS
Current Project: Neo Super Mario World X/Super Mario Bros.3mastered/???
Chat Username: Ludwig

Re: Nova Level Contest (2.0/1.3 and 38A)

Postby Ludwig_von Koopa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:32 pm

SO...
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdwgBU ... WCa1NYdeJg
JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER:https://discord.gg/UHbVx23
I'm currently using 1.4.4 Patch 2 for my projects.
CHECK OUT MY PROJECT:
Image

I support:
Image


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests