Rosalina's Satellite (RESTARTING!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Marcus248 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:44 am
Oh my, what a beautiful project!
Oh my, thanks!

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT AND UPDATE!)

Postby Scroll » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Image

A part of the plot has been changed. Was provided by LGLMAKING. There's also a new on the Features sections. Check the main post!

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT AND UPDATE!)

Postby Eri7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm
Image

A part of the plot has been changed. Was provided by LGLMAKING. There's also a new on the Features sections. Check the main post!
Nooo, never put enemies at the starting point, its considered bad level design because not everyone has the best reactions or a good pc to be able to avoid the obstacles.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT AND UPDATE!)

Postby Scroll » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm
Image

A part of the plot has been changed. Was provided by LGLMAKING. There's also a new on the Features sections. Check the main post!
Nooo, never put enemies at the starting point, its considered bad level design because not everyone has the best reactions or a good pc to be able to avoid the obstacles.
I thought someone would say this... But I know that already, the goombas are jumping but they don't walk.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT AND UPDATE!)

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm
Image

A part of the plot has been changed. Was provided by LGLMAKING. There's also a new on the Features sections. Check the main post!
Beautiful

Yet here I am

With no imagination
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT AND UPDATE!)

Postby Scroll » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:49 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm
Image

A part of the plot has been changed. Was provided by LGLMAKING. There's also a new on the Features sections. Check the main post!
Beautiful

Yet here I am

With no imagination
Thanks, I took a lot of inspiration from a similar level in NSMGX

And, the song is, well you know it already

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT AND UPDATE!)

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:49 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm
Image

A part of the plot has been changed. Was provided by LGLMAKING. There's also a new on the Features sections. Check the main post!
Beautiful

Yet here I am

With no imagination
Thanks, I took a lot of inspiration from a similar level in NSMGX

And, the song is, well you know it already
yes, yes I do. XD
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Scroll » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm

And quickly...
Image
(The winged enemies are not moving)

User avatar
TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:41 am

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby TheLoafLord » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:15 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm
And quickly...
Image
(The winged enemies are not moving)
I really like your style. It’s unique, and that’s something people would kill for. But it’s too cramped. You place way too many enemies and the player would get very overwhelmed by it.

Not everyone is running SMBX on NASA Supercomputers and they sure as hell aren’t injecting massive amounts of steroids into their body to decrease reaction time.

Why not challenge yourself by making some open sky levels? It’ll help you practice non cramped level design because of how generally open they are.

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: B ready, MK7, Imma hack you soon!!!
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby LGLMAKING » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:24 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:15 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm
And quickly...
Image
(The winged enemies are not moving)
I really like your style. It’s unique, and that’s something people would kill for. But it’s too cramped. You place way too many enemies and the player would get very overwhelmed by it.

Not everyone is running SMBX on NASA Supercomputers and they sure as hell aren’t injecting massive amounts of steroids into their body to decrease reaction time.

Why not challenge yourself by making some open sky levels? It’ll help you practice non cramped level design because of how generally open they are.
Yeah, or a SMG2 styled galaxy with lots of room between different planetoids
Collab leader of:
Image

I support
Image
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Eri7 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Maybe Surtur wants only experienced players to play his levels.. idk, thats the idea i get from looking at his levels.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:46 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
LGLMAKING wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
Sorry everyone, I guess I'll have to remove some enemies, the thing is that, yesterday I had a little problem when I was going to test it (when I opened the SMBX 1.3's launcher it crashed with an odd error ("Invalid picture") and I haven't tried reistalling but I will do it now), so I still don't know how hard it is but thanks for the feedback guys!

By the way TheLoafLord, I also have some open levels too

Added in 50 minutes 50 seconds:
Done. I tested it and fixed some bugs

User avatar
D+E 4ever
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby D+E 4ever » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I love the plot of the game, and the screenshots looks really cool!! The design is georgeus, the colors, backgrounds, etc. And I love that the main character is Rosalina!! OwO

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 pm

D+E 4ever wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:43 pm
I love the plot of the game, and the screenshots looks really cool!! The design is georgeus, the colors, backgrounds, etc. And I love that the main character is Rosalina!! OwO
Thank you a lot!

Seems that focusing a lot in the plot really worked :P

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Eri7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Hey why don't you use the smbx2 rosalina instead of peach?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Electriking » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Hey why don't you use the smbx2 rosalina instead of peach?
VanillaDude said that he had issues with SMBX2 which meant he has decided to use 1.3 instead. Also changes to the SMBX2 characters in beta 5 could break compatibility with future versions if he was to use SMBX2 for the project.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Saltlord
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 pm
Flair: yup
Current Project: Doing as little as possible
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Saltlord » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Hey why don't you use the smbx2 rosalina instead of peach?
Rosalina's currently undergoing an overhaul like all of 2's new characters, so it doesn't really make much sense to use her before Beta 4 comes out.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Eri7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:28 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Hey why don't you use the smbx2 rosalina instead of peach?
VanillaDude said that he had issues with SMBX2 which meant he has decided to use 1.3 instead. Also changes to the SMBX2 characters in beta 5 could break compatibility with future versions if he was to use SMBX2 for the project.
Well he is a judge of my contest and he has judged submissions made in 2.0 but i guess what koopafan said makes sense.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Hey why don't you use the smbx2 rosalina instead of peach?
Ace explained that on one of the first posts
Eri7 wrote:Well he is a judge of my contest and he has judged submissions made in 2.0 but i guess what koopafan said makes sense.
My most serious issue is while testing, so I don't have problems while playing (excepting some Lua features D:)

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Scroll » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Image


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests