Revitalized Archive

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Revitalized Archive

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:20 pm

WELCOME, TO THE REVITALIZED ARCHIVE, WE'VE KICKED OUT THE GHOSTS AND PUT SOME OTHRER ONES IN IT.

In here you'll find the ghosts of my school grades, also known as my levels.

Currently we're only hosting two of my dead school grades, although the previous ghosts can be summoned too, it's just not recommended to do the rituals required to summon them, as it's not worth it.

Shrine of Machinery!! (Also known as the ghost of my chemistry grades)
Download It

HD Prismal Towers!! (Also known as the elder ghost)
Download It

El Restaurantissimo (Also known as the tricked ghost) Note: There's some weirdness with this one when playing on Beta 4 Patch 1, hopefully Patch 2 fixes some issues with NPC Pass-through block
Download It

The homeless ghosts:
Spoiler: show
Future Castle:
Has Lua but not mandatory
The 1 level I finished in 2016, it's pretty hard and mixes 2 laser-based gimmicks.
Boss includes custom sound effects made with Lua
Download
Castle Corridor - SCC 21st place
Lua required (Beta 3 isn't I'm pretty sure)
I made another level, whatta surprise. It only exists because I wanted to use castle corridor from aria of sorrow lmao
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... rridor.zip
Expect 1 level every decade
Last edited by Sancles-Chan on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
She/Her

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Re: Suspicious Archive

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:44 pm

I really love that tumbnail lel.
Also, don't you think one per decade is a bit much for your standards?
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:05 am

Future Castle

Boy do I love this music! It's so intense and it simply sounds perfect for a level like this. Your visuals are well done with solid decoration. The yellow spikes could've easily been recolored to fit the level more, but practically everything else helped in creating the great futuristic atmosphere. The beginning of the boss section has way too many bgos there sadly. The addition of typical castle elements with this factory is a nice twist too. So coin placement is pretty well done with NPC placement having its few rough patches. The red koopa generator can cause 1up farming easily. You have a well done gimmick with the timed blue lasers and the swapping red lasers. Your usage of this is awesome, and I could see plenty of other ideas for this to be used. The bully with the red block attached to it was a great section, though it was aggravating every time I'd try to hit it only to miss and have the block push me into a laser. The blue switch placement was concerning with one of the switches at the edge of the cliff, making it easier for a player to accidentally hit the block and fall into the pit next to it. The koopa kicking the shell onto the switches is a familiar idea, and it's well done. You shoulddefinitely expand a little more on the second half considering it's just the kicking koopa segment and then straight to the boss, so that was disappointing. The boss fight could have easily turned into a cluster fuck if the red switch wasn't there to limit the number of enemies falling down onto you. The piranha plant doesn't make sense being there either since it serves no purpose. The boss fight was okay, but still felt like a letdown when compared to the rest of this level. At least using the Welder music from Banjo Tooie was a nice touch. The level has decent replay value on top of it all. Despite its errors here and there, it's a well done level with a lot of care put into it. Great job!

6.8/10

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:56 pm

I got stuck at one point.
Good level though

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:33 pm

A playthrough:

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-X9si0OlJI

youngtomlin
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby youngtomlin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Here is my review for Futuristic Castle.

Design
This is a stunning level. It looks very good. The metal and cosmic themed BG's creates the Futuristic Castle theme perfectly. The laser's and all the machines as you walk along add a beautiful feel and it's creates a picture perfect level to look at as you proceed. There is so much detail computers, lights and even trash bins. One of the prettiest level's I have played.The level design is also great, creating some very interesting puzzles to go along with the lasers. The level is also quite long and features a boss. The boss was pretty easy as you could just wait until a Goomba or a Bomb-omb made it's way past the laser and they activate so all the other enemies get killed. You then just needed to avoid the Rinka's while you kick it at the boss. That was all you needed to do. The music as other reviewers have said matches perfectly especially the Planet Robobot theme throughout the main level. It's futuristic and creates a perfect soundtrack to go along with your level.

Difficulty
The level is difficult. It has some puzzles and you need to platform quickly as the blue lasers do run out quickly and if you don't make it in time the lasers bounce you back. You have to traverse through the whole bully section before you get to a checkpoint, so if you mess up you start from the beginning. The boss is not actually that difficult and I did complete that quite easily. The level does have a lot of challenging puzzles to get through and the boss is quite a bit easy. A bit unbalanced but it's not that much of a problem.

Enjoyability
This is were some more problems come in. I had to reset the level many times because of the lasers pushing me back. I know why this is here, so you can't jump through the lasers when you hit the block however sometimes I was a good distance away however the laser either pushed me off the level or into a dead end. This happened on the first koopa section were you threw the shell, when the laser activated it locked me in the room with the laser blocking my path. . Same with the area with the bomb and you have to go around quickly before the blue lasers comes back or you get stuck there. There is a pipe, that I think is supposed to be a reset pipe, however it does not work, so you then need to reset the level and do that all over again or use the debug code. The bully section was also very clever and inventive, but usually I was pushed down the drops and the bully was usually very slow and by the time it caught up I had to press the blue switch again which was further back. The koopa section afterwards was fun, but the boss was a bit disappointing considering I though it would use more lasers included with the boss than just a switch to keep the enemies away.

Overall
A very beautiful level with a very unique, clever and difficult ideas, that a few problems and bugs make it quite frustrating at times. It's still a great level but needs some tweaks.

7/10
Last edited by youngtomlin on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:00 pm

youngtomlin wrote:The lasers can't kill you
Yes they can. I went into the editor and tested both types and uh, they sure do kill you. Also the pipe warp in section 2 is upside down
She/Her

youngtomlin
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby youngtomlin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:46 pm

When I tried they could't. Weird. I then reinstalled Luna Lua and the level and they did. Well, I guess I should remove that from the review. :)

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm probably gonna completely remake the boss and then I'll reupload the level with all the bugs fixed aswell.
She/Her

youngtomlin
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby youngtomlin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Yes, that would be great. If the bugs were fixed I would love this level. That was the only major problem I had with it.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:21 am

Ding ding, I updated the thread with castle corridor
She/Her

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Re: Revitalized Archive

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:58 pm

LEVEL ADDED:

THE GHOST OF MY CHEMISTRY GRADES
She/Her

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:34 am

I like the gimmick with the lasers in Future Castle. It's executed really well and I like how the theme builds upon itself.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Of course the only comment I get about one of my levels on this thread is about the one level from 3 years ago.

Please play my recent work it's both better and more interesting.
She/Her

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:34 pm

That can be arranged comrade!

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:00 pm

Playthrough on the Shrine of Machinery Level:

Original Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-_mWwjgiQ

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Updated, after a year, with a level that's from around the same time as Shrine of Machinery, but I only got around to fixing it recently.

The level was originally gonna be my maglx3 entry, but then at some point I felt like I just wasn't happy with parts of the level and scrapped it. Prompts which I used are included since this was a maglx3 entry originally.
She/Her

Return to “Levels”