Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
The Yoshi Lord
Banned
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:51 am
Current Project: Graphics Pack (Unavailable yet)
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby The Yoshi Lord » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:11 pm

The design in the Simon Belmont level was legendary, even tho i didn't like how the playable slowed down a bit when jumping.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 pm

The Yoshi Lord wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:11 pm
The design in the Simon Belmont level was legendary, even tho i didn't like how the playable slowed down a bit when jumping.
Thanks, i worked really hard on it, expect an update soon on the level which will include hard mode and 2 new bosses + 4 new weapons!
Also if you jump without moving, you can't change your momentum mid-air, thats from the OG castlevania game but imo the creator of the playable, Hugo shouldn't have added this as a feature.

The Yoshi Lord
Banned
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:51 am
Current Project: Graphics Pack (Unavailable yet)
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby The Yoshi Lord » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:30 pm

I played the OG Castlevania trilogy, what I'm talking here is that when you jump while moving, the character loses some momentum.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:33 pm

The Yoshi Lord wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:30 pm
I played the OG Castlevania trilogy, what I'm talking here is that when you jump while moving, the character loses some momentum.
Hmm, maybe its because the way Hugo programmed the character is that you have less momentum while mid-air or something.

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby MegaDood » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:43 am

Cool! I never thought the FLUDD Pack would be possible to make.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Eri7 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:06 am

FLUDD House has been updated to 1.1

Added in 25 seconds:
MegaDood wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:43 am
Cool! I never thought the FLUDD Pack would be possible to make.
It's a vanilla feature for 38A since like 3 years so.

User avatar
Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 am
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Shadow_Flame » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Eri, I just played through your FLUDD House level and here's what I think:

- I loved the level, it's very unique! It didn't feel too long or too short and the music fits perfectly. There were a few tricky spots, especially that part with the sumo bros where you could barely stop when touching the ground.
- I like the animation that you've done for the ghosts as well as the custom background and enemies.
- There were some pretty nice gimmicks, particularly that bit with the ghost bully that's attached to the spiky wall, I felt that was creative!
- I played through the level twice as the first time I got the key and fought the mini-boss and I wanted to see what happens if you don't get the key (I guess you don't confront the mid-boss in that case?). The mid-boss himself can be a bit hard in his later stages as you quickly run out of platforms and you need to step on them to regain momentum for your water jetpack. I suggest adding more solid platforms in the fight rather than just the ones that fall down almost instantly.
- That last segment with the chasing Chomp caught me a bit off guard but I enjoyed it. I saw that if you jump over the Chomp right before the end, the star disappears but then reappears if you go slightly back, then return. Just something that I noticed...
- I didn't see any cut-offs or glitches and the level flowed well with plenty of power-ups (would've liked a fire flower at some point though). I think there was an unnecessary water bubble at the end of the penultimate section as two of them were placed so close to each other, rendering one of them obsolete. I also took damage at one point in the vertical room as it was a bit of a blind jump and I wasn't near the platform, thus falling down on the moving spikes.

Overall, I really enjoyed this level and it kept me interested from start to finish. Just a few minor things to sort out but other than that, I can't say much more than "well done"! :)

I give this level 9/10

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Eri7 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am

Shadow_Flame wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 am
Hi Eri, I just played through your FLUDD House level and here's what I think:

- I loved the level, it's very unique! It didn't feel too long or too short and the music fits perfectly. There were a few tricky spots, especially that part with the sumo bros where you could barely stop when touching the ground.
- I like the animation that you've done for the ghosts as well as the custom background and enemies.
- There were some pretty nice gimmicks, particularly that bit with the ghost bully that's attached to the spiky wall, I felt that was creative!
- I played through the level twice as the first time I got the key and fought the mini-boss and I wanted to see what happens if you don't get the key (I guess you don't confront the mid-boss in that case?). The mid-boss himself can be a bit hard in his later stages as you quickly run out of platforms and you need to step on them to regain momentum for your water jetpack. I suggest adding more solid platforms in the fight rather than just the ones that fall down almost instantly.
- That last segment with the chasing Chomp caught me a bit off guard but I enjoyed it. I saw that if you jump over the Chomp right before the end, the star disappears but then reappears if you go slightly back, then return. Just something that I noticed...
- I didn't see any cut-offs or glitches and the level flowed well with plenty of power-ups (would've liked a fire flower at some point though). I think there was an unnecessary water bubble at the end of the penultimate section as two of them were placed so close to each other, rendering one of them obsolete. I also took damage at one point in the vertical room as it was a bit of a blind jump and I wasn't near the platform, thus falling down on the moving spikes.

Overall, I really enjoyed this level and it kept me interested from start to finish. Just a few minor things to sort out but other than that, I can't say much more than "well done"! :)

I give this level 9/10
Yeii, this is the first review ever that i have gotten from a level reviewer and i like it, there are indeed stuff i can still improve upon this level so i just want to thank you for taking your time to review my level, it means a lot to me! <3

User avatar
Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 am
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Shadow_Flame » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am
Yeii, this is the first review ever that i have gotten from a level reviewer and i like it, there are indeed stuff i can still improve upon this level so i just want to thank you for taking your time to review my level, it means a lot to me! <3

Glad I could help :)

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8268
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Enjl » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.
________________________________________________________

The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Eri7 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Sumo Bros and the FLUDD were coded by 38A, not me, however scripting the Sumo Bros to be more accurate to SMW and making a scripted FLUDD is possible so i will see if i can do this.
The Chain Chomp can also be improved.


User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Eri7's levels thread - FLUDD House RELEASED!

Postby Eri7 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Yeei, thanks Eclipsed for the video!


Return to “Levels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest