SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
User avatar
1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby 1AmPlayer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:50 am

LGLMAKING wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:22 am
1AmPlayer wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 pm
LGLMAKING wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am
Image
Is this intended?
Probably as intended as Yoshi Island's Fuzzy with id 420.
That is not a reference to The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
I don't even know that series. I just think it's like that because of the rinka joke people does.
These banners don't lead you anywhere, but do whatever you want.
Image

User avatar
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: It's spelt "flare"
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby computerfan0 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 pm

sadlust wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:44 am
sadlust wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 am
how do i expand level borders (for example when you want to expand right 3 blocks)
IS ANYONE RESPONDING TO MY QUESTION?!
That's like me posting "IS ANYONE GONNA FIX THIS CRASH" for the size 0 paddlewheel crash. But I have learned forum ettiquete so I don't. (BTW when I was younger I spammed posts like this too) Not a mod, and I would generally only ban really bad people (trolling, spamming continuously, flaming, commiting irl crimes etc.), but just warning you incase the mods are less fair.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6921
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Cedur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:12 pm

computerfan0 wrote:Not a mod, and I would generally only ban really bad people (trolling, spamming continuously, flaming, commiting irl crimes etc.), but just warning you incase the mods are less fair.

just as a heads up, I hope you're not implying that staff shouldn't discipline people to follow said etiquette
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: It's spelt "flare"
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby computerfan0 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:12 pm
computerfan0 wrote:Not a mod, and I would generally only ban really bad people (trolling, spamming continuously, flaming, commiting irl crimes etc.), but just warning you incase the mods are less
just as a heads up, I hope you're not implying that staff shouldn't discipline people to follow said etiquette
Am not, I'm warning him.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4616
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Electriking » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Please don't backseat moderate users.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

User avatar
ICCreator93[]
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby ICCreator93[] » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:27 am

Im' trying to enter cheat imtiredofallthiswalking and it didn't work, because all paths in world map are not revealing. Has anyone have a solution to fix this?

User avatar
JustInPassing
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:55 am

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby JustInPassing » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:21 am

Just wanted to say, thank you for adding the option for Koopa Paratroopas that jump lower for the upcoming Beta 4. I always did think the Koopa Paratroopas in SMBX jumped too high.
*playing Ocarina of Time*
Owl: Blah blah blah blah blah...
Me: *mashing the A button*
Owl: Do you want to hear what I said again?
Me: *still mashing the A button*
*Owl repeats himself*
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: don't. die.

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm

ICCreator93[] wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:27 am
Im' trying to enter cheat imtiredofallthiswalking and it didn't work, because all paths in world map are not revealing. Has anyone have a solution to fix this?
I don't use 2.0 yet, but maybe it's changed like "sonicstooslow". At least in 1.3.0.1's change log.

Image

I support: show
Image
-----------------------------
Image
-----------------------------
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9129
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:23 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm
I don't use 2.0 yet, but maybe it's changed like "sonicstooslow". At least in 1.3.0.1's change log.
That change was in 1.2.1 and was because the cheat had a typo.

imtiredofallthiswalking (copypasted out of newcheats.lua) is registered. Would be curious if it didn't work since all other cheats using this registration method do work...
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
sadlust
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 am
Flair: Only SMBX stuff lol
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby sadlust » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:12 pm
computerfan0 wrote:Not a mod, and I would generally only ban really bad people (trolling, spamming continuously, flaming, commiting irl crimes etc.), but just warning you incase the mods are less fair.

just as a heads up, I hope you're not implying that staff shouldn't discipline people to follow said etiquette
i think the staff should start a reform

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Electriking wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
Please don't backseat moderate users.
i totally agree
known as jef_ on discord
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: don't. die.

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:23 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm
I don't use 2.0 yet, but maybe it's changed like "sonicstooslow". At least in 1.3.0.1's change log.
That change was in 1.2.1 and was because the cheat had a typo.

imtiredofallthiswalking (copypasted out of newcheats.lua) is registered. Would be curious if it didn't work since all other cheats using this registration method do work...
I see. Ok, I clearly have no idea how 2.0 works...

Image

I support: show
Image
-----------------------------
Image
-----------------------------
Image

User avatar
litchh
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby litchh » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 pm

When I try to launch in editor a level full of events, I get this message like in previous PGE versions:

Image

Moreover, seems, one of events may not trigger in MAGLX3 version in this case.
I got stuck on some levels in this way.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9129
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Okay but why would you ever use more than 100 events? Those levels already crashed on 1.3 from my experience...
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
litchh
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby litchh » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Okay but why would you ever use more than 100 events? Those levels already crashed on 1.3 from my experience...
I just used max of 1.3 events. It's impossible to add more. Looks like mistake in counter.

UPD: Welp I was wrong, the maximum event count in SMBX 1.3 is 101. But I remember people played my ToB 6 & ToB X levels & there were no crashes.

User avatar
MisterZygarde64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby MisterZygarde64 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Hey, I can't really play this build since it says that the Code execution can't proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll wasn't found. Could you release a backup of that file separately so we can play it?

Westretroman
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Westretroman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 pm

MisterZygarde64 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:22 pm
Hey, I can't really play this build since it says that the Code execution can't proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll wasn't found. Could you release a backup of that file separately so we can play it?
Did you try installing the VC++ Redistributable included with SMBX2 MAGLX3? It should be labeled, 'VC_REDIST.x64' for 64 bit computers and 'VC_REDIST.x86' for 32 bit computers. Also make sure your folder is on the desktop or something like that.

User avatar
MisterZygarde64
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby MisterZygarde64 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:43 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 pm
MisterZygarde64 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:22 pm
Hey, I can't really play this build since it says that the Code execution can't proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll wasn't found. Could you release a backup of that file separately so we can play it?
Did you try installing the VC++ Redistributable included with SMBX2 MAGLX3? It should be labeled, 'VC_REDIST.x64' for 64 bit computers and 'VC_REDIST.x86' for 32 bit computers. Also make sure your folder is on the desktop or something like that.
Did that and it's fixed. Thanks

Westretroman
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Westretroman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:50 pm

MisterZygarde64 wrote: Did that and it's fixed. Thanks
No problem, hope you enjoy SMBX2 MAGLX3 until Beta 4's release.

User avatar
Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1833
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 pm

litchh wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:09 pm
Enjl wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Okay but why would you ever use more than 100 events? Those levels already crashed on 1.3 from my experience...
I just used max of 1.3 events. It's impossible to add more. Looks like mistake in counter.

UPD: Welp I was wrong, the maximum event count in SMBX 1.3 is 101. But I remember people played my ToB 6 & ToB X levels & there were no crashes.
Internal array size for events in SMBX is 100. Once you adding more than this range, you causing events be written out of range. This may not crash, but making the dangerous situation in the memory which may work fine, make some odd behaviour, or may just crash. At the same time it's security vulnerability of SMBX that allows passing more than 100 events which is size of a buffer. So, the buffer overflow attack is possible here.
SMBX for Android, Moondust Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

TheXTech - modern port of SMBX, also for Android
SMBX on TheXTech Topic

Moondust Project (aka PGE)
Moondust Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9129
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Image

Keeping this post brief cause I'm connecting from a proxy and it's really late and I already wrote everything necessary on other sites, so here's the abridged info:
- This is an update
- This is the build the judges will be using
- It fixes bugs
- It doesn't break any MAGLX3 submissions, we made sure of that
- Here's the changelog: http://codehaus.wohlsoft.ru/changelogs/pal.html
- Here's the download: http://codehaus.wohlsoft.ru/downloads.html

Have fun!
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC


Return to “Events and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests