SMBX 1.4.5?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 pm
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm

I thought 38A was the bad guy
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Image
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4842
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Cedur » Mon May 27, 2019 1:31 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm
I thought 38A was the bad guy

he is, even if he resumed development

EDIT: evidence is growing that he did
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

TheAdventurer64
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:01 am
Current Project: Super Mario All Stars Revived Remake
Chat Username: GaminBoyz

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby TheAdventurer64 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:30 pm

Michele wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 am
TheAdventurer64 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:38 pm
Hey guys! 1.4.5 is actually coming! https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2902
Excuse me? How can we know if it's not just made up? I mean, good that it's actually coming, but AFAIK this creator of v 1.4.5 hasn't done the update yet. I don't know if he sends images.
Image
Join my Discord server!
https://discord.gg/PtVTJyf

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Flair: Check out my YouTube channel called JC02official
Current Project: Super Mario DXII 2D (SMBX 1.4.4-38A)
Chat Username: OfficialJC02

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby OfficialJC12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 pm

I honestly don't know if I want SMBX 1.4.5 anymore, especially with the new Mario Maker 2.
Go check out my YouTube channel JC02official. I would give you the link but last time I did I got a community guidelines strike on my YouTube channel.

User avatar
GOD_SAMA
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Flair: just a roaming toad
Chat Username: GOD_SAMA

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby GOD_SAMA » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 pm

i thought yall would just implement mario maker and the sequels features into smbx anyway lol

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4842
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Cedur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm

GOD_SAMA wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 pm
i thought yall would just implement mario maker and the sequels features into smbx anyway lol

If you're talking about SMBX2 then that's by far not the whole essence of it.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
GOD_SAMA
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Flair: just a roaming toad
Chat Username: GOD_SAMA

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby GOD_SAMA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm
GOD_SAMA wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 pm
i thought yall would just implement mario maker and the sequels features into smbx anyway lol

If you're talking about SMBX2 then that's by far not the whole essence of it.
as long as either smbx2 or 1.4.5 has them i dont really think it matters plus im excited for any new features you guys are working as well

TheAdventurer64
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:01 am
Current Project: Super Mario All Stars Revived Remake
Chat Username: GaminBoyz

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby TheAdventurer64 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:32 am

Join my Discord server!
https://discord.gg/PtVTJyf

User avatar
sammerbro
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby sammerbro » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:34 am

TheAdventurer64 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:32 am
Guys!! It's here! https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=714
I already announced it's here in the 1.4.4 Patch 2 topic
Image
Image

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Westretroman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 pm

I feel this update is a little suspicious, a user by the name of Powerdown who downloaded 1.4.5, said that while downloading 1.4.5, his virus scanners picked up a trojan. I don't know for sure if it actually is a virus or not, but for those who download 1.4.5, be careful.

User avatar
CaneTheRaptor
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:13 am
Current Project: Nothing/Not revealed yet
Chat Username: Cane the Raptor
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby CaneTheRaptor » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 am

I recommend not downloading this.
My antivirus detected a Trojan in the app.

Added in 21 minutes 54 seconds:
Very strange.
I have reinstalled the app to check on 3 Antiviruses. None of them said that the app has any viruses.

User avatar
McNaquar
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 6:17 pm
Flair: YouTuber
Chat Username: McNaquar
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby McNaquar » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:11 am

So from what I'm reading this is a flame against a rival fan game thread or am I mistaken and some are just upset because of healthy competition? How is this... okay if it's the former? Imitation is the highest form of flattery, guys! I wouldn't be up in arms about this. SMBX 1.4.5 isn't the same as SMBX2 because you guys (the devs of SMBX2) aren't creating it. I say let 38A try to compete... don't think it will last that long (since he did ax the project before...). At the end of the day what a person uses to make levels and episodes is a personal choice. Some may like 38A's version while others may like SMBX2.. and others may like SMM2. I'm staying in the middle here and don't think it's my place to take a side. I find both good in their own ways. The development is.. I'll agree not good but the end product is... great.. not as good as SMBX2.. but a good product (because it is it's own thing not a carbon copy, I checked out the game and editor while the game plays similar it is not a SMBX2 clone)... also I don't agree with trashing and trolling over on their forum on this topic. We don't want that type of conduct here, why do it to them? You can't put out a fire with a flamethrower. Also I feel the need to point out an obvious distinction here... 38A's creation is a continuation of SMBX while SMBX2 is it's own beast.


Also it is not a virus, I scanned it with Avast and Malewarebytes, both came up clean. I did a through scan and boot scan and nothing came up to indicate it's a virus.
I don't see why 38A needs to be referred to as a "bad guy" or a "good guy," he is just guy creating another spin off of SMBX 1.1.3. Is this a healthy way to treat someone making a similar game to ours? Since when is creating a fan game for free a competition? Everyone has their own taste.

The above was my own personal opinion... I'm not trying to persuade a view, cause a fight, or create an ill will. I'm just giving my two pennies about this... as someone who isn't trying to take sides nor wants to, please be kind! (SMBX2 != SMBX 1.5)

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4842
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 am

The antivirus things are quite certainly false positives. I had no issues downloading and running it.

Then again, you shouldn't download it and you should stick to 1.4.4 if you're still interested in proficient level design. I find it mildly hilarious that it's flagged for some users.
McNaquar wrote:The above was my own personal opinion... I'm not trying to persuade a view

But you do. Given your scope of knowledge, you talk a bit too big. You should be closer to happenings, which in my case would be the 38A server.
McNaquar wrote:38A's creation is a continuation of SMBX while SMBX2 is it's own beast.

Completely false, it's literally the other way round. SMBX2 builds on the original SMBX by using assembly hacks (see the FAQ). 1.4 instead was built completely from scratch, with no relation to the source code or interface of original SMBX. Which is why it has completely different (and, inarguably, worse) physics than 1.3 and which is why there is no compatibility with everything else (at best it can open 1.3 levels only to convert them). This is why you could sometimes hear people say "1.4 is not really SMBX", this is why they often refuse to say "1.4" and call it "38A" instead, because it is a separate build that could be called a spin-off at best.

Nevertheless it was a tolerable thing ... until now. Not only he literally works against the users who are supposed to use his engine, but now he outright develops against them. I really have no clue of how he understands the purpose of his development, it really seems like he's just doing it for himself, looking at all of his unilateral decisions. He barely made an effort to make it known to a larger audience anyway, Lx Xzit did this. Now, this is not an update, this is infinite minus growth. He's been known to be an enemy to all mankind before, and now he reached another level of evilness, which is why he gets more and more damnation. Boycotting his thing is the deserved punishment, and trashing it is well-reasoned at least.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Lapuente
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Lapuente » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:42 am

it's there
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4842
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 am

Lapuente wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:42 am
it's there

Most of us wish it wasn't.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
McNaquar
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 6:17 pm
Flair: YouTuber
Chat Username: McNaquar
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby McNaquar » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:27 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 am
The antivirus things are quite certainly false positives. I had no issues downloading and running it.

Then again, you shouldn't download it and you should stick to 1.4.4 if you're still interested in proficient level design. I find it mildly hilarious that it's flagged for some users.
McNaquar wrote:The above was my own personal opinion... I'm not trying to persuade a view

But you do. Given your scope of knowledge, you talk a bit too big. You should be closer to happenings, which in my case would be the 38A server.
McNaquar wrote:38A's creation is a continuation of SMBX while SMBX2 is it's own beast.

Completely false, it's literally the other way round. SMBX2 builds on the original SMBX by using assembly hacks (see the FAQ). 1.4 instead was built completely from scratch, with no relation to the source code or interface of original SMBX. Which is why it has completely different (and, inarguably, worse) physics than 1.3 and which is why there is no compatibility with everything else (at best it can open 1.3 levels only to convert them). This is why you could sometimes hear people say "1.4 is not really SMBX", this is why they often refuse to say "1.4" and call it "38A" instead, because it is a separate build that could be called a spin-off at best.

Nevertheless it was a tolerable thing ... until now. Not only he literally works against the users who are supposed to use his engine, but now he outright develops against them. I really have no clue of how he understands the purpose of his development, it really seems like he's just doing it for himself, looking at all of his unilateral decisions. He barely made an effort to make it known to a larger audience anyway, Lx Xzit did this. Now, this is not an update, this is infinite minus growth. He's been known to be an enemy to all mankind before, and now he reached another level of evilness, which is why he gets more and more damnation. Boycotting his thing is the deserved punishment, and trashing it is well-reasoned at least.
Why can't I give my opinion in this forum without it being torn apart and criticized? My "talk" isn't too big, it's my opinion and I'm getting sick of every time I air it, someone here seems to think it's necessary to act like a jerk to me. No one else gets treated like that. And Cedur I am really not liking the hate over someone else's project JUST because it also happens to be SMBX2. This game isn't superior to everything. This forum shouldn't be treated like a cult. My honest opinion, again I have a right to this, SMBX2 is not as good a Super Mario Maker in one fact. It is harder to play levels then SMM. You select a level from a list or enter a code there, here you download it and then extract it to the SMBX2 folder THEN use a level editor, that is buggy as of right now, to play it. Also there are not things in that reagrd like SMM like an abillity to give comments within the level... again I'm not trying to do anything except share my opinion and I would appreciate it in the future that if anyone has an issue with it and I'm not breaking a rule to just... scroll... past... it! Not everyone's opinion is going to line up with everyone else's!

One the subject of 38A. HE is making HIS version of SMBX. NO ONE is REQUIRED to make a GAME completely tailored to ALL users. Just because the team behind SMBX2 is doing so doesn't make it REQUIRED. I've played plenty of AAA games, indie games, and fan games of various game franchises, and all of them lack something the audience requested over and over for one reason or the other. It is the author's choice. Game devs are not slaves. Why is it acceptable to hate ONE guy from another forum when it's against the rules to treat others with that same hate here??

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7569
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Enjl » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:45 am

McNaquar wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:27 am
SMBX2 is not as good a Super Mario Maker in one fact. It is harder to play levels then SMM. You select a level from a list or enter a code there, here you download it and then extract it to the SMBX2 folder THEN use a level editor, that is buggy as of right now, to play it. Also there are not things in that reagrd like SMM like an abillity to give comments within the level
Pretty valid opinion when comparing a hack made by ~5 people in their free time against a multi-million dollar project that employed dozens of people at one of the world's biggest video game companies. Got no objections, other than the fact that we existed before Super Mario Maker and aren't trying to be Super Mario Maker.
McNaquar wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:27 am
Why is it acceptable to hate ONE guy from another forum when it's against the rules to treat others with that same hate here??
He's getting pretty much the same hate everywhere for the same reason: He REMOVED what made the previous version good and a quick stroll through the editor reveals that the majority of the changes were either untested or shoddily slapped together. I hope that clears up some of the misconceptions you had in that paragraph and earlier. It's not about not adding features people like, but rather about amputating the game and making it basically unusable. If Super Mario Maker removed all the features you mentioned in your post in the next update, you would also be disappointed.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Lapuente
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Lapuente » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 am

I am a "new player" so to speak... last time I played the 1.3 and I loved it.

I downloaded 1.4.5 yesterday and I'm completely lost on how to use the new editor
anyone have any tips

should I get smbx2 instead? (I've seen that the editor is also a bit confusing on that one)
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4305
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Electriking » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:58 am

If you don't like games where developers stick their middle fingers in your face, then SMBX2 is the objectiviely better version.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4842
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:00 am

McNaquar wrote:Why can't I give my opinion in this forum without it being torn apart and criticized? My "talk" isn't too big, it's my opinion and I'm getting sick of every time I air it, someone here seems to think it's necessary to act like a jerk to me. No one else gets treated like that. And Cedur I am really not liking the hate over someone else's project JUST because it also happens to be SMBX2. This game isn't superior to everything. This forum shouldn't be treated like a cult. My honest opinion, again I have a right to this, SMBX2 is not as good a Super Mario Maker in one fact. It is harder to play levels then SMM. You select a level from a list or enter a code there, here you download it and then extract it to the SMBX2 folder THEN use a level editor, that is buggy as of right now, to play it. Also there are not things in that reagrd like SMM like an abillity to give comments within the level... again I'm not trying to do anything except share my opinion and I would appreciate it in the future that if anyone has an issue with it and I'm not breaking a rule to just... scroll... past... it! Not everyone's opinion is going to line up with everyone else's!

One the subject of 38A. HE is making HIS version of SMBX. NO ONE is REQUIRED to make a GAME completely tailored to ALL users. Just because the team behind SMBX2 is doing so doesn't make it REQUIRED. I've played plenty of AAA games, indie games, and fan games of various game franchises, and all of them lack something the audience requested over and over for one reason or the other. It is the author's choice. Game devs are not slaves. Why is it acceptable to hate ONE guy from another forum when it's against the rules to treat others with that same hate here??

Bro. As I explained, your stance is completely lacking to make such a loud judgement. You tried to vindicate 38A with no factual base to do so. And now you're straying away from the subject and discount SMBX2 in a comparison with SMM (which is your good right but it's 100% irrelevant here). But yeah "if we don't like your opinion we shall just ignore it ..."

It's "acceptable" to hate him once you know how much he hates us (and, in fact, people in general). It's all his fault, that's why he's scolded by everyone. Go to the 38A thread and look at the part of when he suspended his engine, it's still quoted on page 29 and onward.

We support X2. We explain why we think it's better, we recommend it to people, but we don't force people to it. We're not a cult because of this (today's level design expectations may be a different subject). 1.4.4 content has been tolerated and engaged in all the time, not because of its developper but in spite of him. Due to lacking his support, its users evoluted proficient use of the engine on their completely own basis. Now 1.4.5 is out, and massive disappointment and indignation is expressed by said 1.4.4 users themselves, because 38A paid zero consideration to their efforts (how come, he doesn't care) so he singlehandledly decided to scrap many features with no consideration to anybody else. He is a developper, but an infinitely unethical one. It's quite paradox for what motives he runs his development in the first place ...

and yeah learn to deal with counter-speech and reflect the information given to you and quit whining about being put in a corner, bc you're really not alone from having a lacking point of view and sharing it. Your prior misbehavior had nothing to do with the way I tried to disprove your point (but you should really fix it asap).

Lapuente wrote:should I get smbx2 instead? (I've seen that the editor is also a bit confusing on that one)

both 1.4 and X2 have editors that may be in need of getting used to. However there's good documentation inside PGE as well as a sticky thread for X2/PGE on this forum (-> Help & Support), while for 1.4 editors there's little to no documentation at all. You'll also find that PGE is far more user-friendly
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests