[Island/Volcano] Tranquility Island

Forum for submissions to the Official™ SLAM Collab project!
NyanMC
Rex
Rex
Flair: Why isnt a reddit link option on the control panel
Current Project: SMBX 2.0 Episode; more revealed later
Chat Username: NyanMC

[Island/Volcano] Tranquility Island

Postby NyanMC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Difficulty: Easy / Medium (version 1.0) Medium (version 1.1)
Exits: 1
Dragon Coins: Yes
No Character Filters or Powerup Filters (but you will have to dismount any yoshi / shoe equipped)
Recommended Character(s): You can use the defaults, but the stage was built with Mario in mind
Music: Big Giant Circles - Sevcon
Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing (right click Tranquility Island 1.1.zip and select Download)
outdated screenshots but should give you an idea of the stage (some things were changed): show
and i just released an update to it which makes the stage much harder, a bit longer, a bit more decorated, and focusing on only one thing
Last edited by NyanMC on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in dead memes as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: [Island/Volcano] Tranquility Island

Postby Enjl » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Not playing this until you sort out your archive. It seems to include the entire devkit for some reason, and I'm not keen on dropping it into my folder without knowing exactly which files are related to the level. Look at some of the archives other people made for their download links for reference.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

NyanMC
Rex
Rex

Postby NyanMC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm
Not playing this until you sort out your archive. It seems to include the entire devkit for some reason, and I'm not keen on dropping it into my folder without knowing exactly which files are related to the level. Look at some of the archives other people made for their download links for reference.
Fixed it, right click the one that includes (no devkit, level will RELY on you including it in the folder this is placed in!) in the title instead (it's only 2 files but it's now relies on that the folder you placed it in includes a copy of the devkit inside it)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in dead memes as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:46 pm

NyanMC wrote:level will RELY on you including it in the folder this is placed in

that's exactly how it's supposed to be done by the player, for every SLAM level

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

NyanMC
Rex
Rex

Postby NyanMC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:46 pm
that's exactly how it's supposed to be done by the player, for every SLAM level
oh, well i'm still including the option to download the one that includes the devkit with it because there's always that one person who doesn't understand how it works

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:56 pm

This level sticks out among many of the other submissions so far... I definitely recommend cutting down the coin spam, building around a central idea, and spending more time on submissions in general if you are looking for them to be accepted.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

NyanMC
Rex
Rex

Postby NyanMC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:56 pm
This level sticks out among many of the other submissions so far... I definitely recommend cutting down the coin spam, building around a central idea, and spending more time on submissions in general if you are looking for them to be accepted.
So far I've reduced the coin count drastically, next i'll try and fix literally everything else, mainly focusing on mutant vines for the level
edit: updated it to 1.1, probably still wont be accepted but it's at least better and harder than previously

Return to “SLAM”