GlitchPC

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.

What should I use for a World Map?

SMW Style
7
33%
SMB3 Style
9
43%
Hub Style
5
24%
 
Total votes: 21
User avatar
Star
Bit
Bit
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

GlitchPC

Postby Star » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:59 am

Requested by Nemu to make the project public, This is the weirdest project ever! Seriously.
I don't have much time to write so I'll make a messy thread.
There won't be a download until the project is complete.


Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Yes, Those are my little sisters crappy recolors. No one is allowed to use any of them unless the project is fully complete.

Download:
Spoiler: show
Read.

Notes:
-There is a good mushroom gimmick. If the mushrooms arrow is pointing up, Its a power-up. If its pointing down, Your screwed.
-Only Luigi is playable.
-No such thing as mushrooms in a box. (Go figure why)
-Things that break the forth wall.
-The music will be replaced, Same for the sound effects. (Most sound effects)
-Hubs and Castles have their own themes,
-Worlds are mixed.
-Custom graphics for the tiles will be used. Same for bosses.



I'll fix this thread later.
Last edited by Star on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

User avatar
ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm
Current Project: A project

Re: GlitchPC

Postby ElTipsta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 am

those recolours though....

Oh well, colour me interested :)
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:
Image

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2556
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: GlitchPC

Postby glitch4 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 am

NPCs on drugs

Anyways, that project looks very weird and decent. Also that would be very difficult, if you put like 2-3 mushrooms every stage.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: GlitchPC

Postby silent_ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:35 pm

This actually looks like an extremely promising joke episode, man. I must congratulate your little sister for making the best joke NPCs ever made, too. Keep it up!
previously known as Kep

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Mable » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Sry Kep but i don't see how this would be considered as a joke episode.

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: GlitchPC

Postby zlaker » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 pm

LEL I remember when Nemu showed me some couple of screenshots of this project. Those cute Goombas :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: GlitchPC

Postby silent_ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:35 pm

GrätselBüchner wrote:Sry Kep but i don't see how this would be considered as a joke episode.
There is no reason to apologize.

I don't really understand your point, though. The episode's name is GlitchPC, the NPCs are solid color and inverted looking, and the creator even said that this episode was extremely weird.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Star
Bit
Bit
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Star » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:28 am

Mario is fucking weird! Can you not see that Its a fat-ass Italian plumber, Looks Mexican. Made in JAPAN. AND SPEAKS ENGLISH.
How can you not see that SMBX is also weird? It's called Nintendo Logic. Nothing makes sense when It comes to fucking video games.
I never said that the project was 'extremely' weird. I said it was the weirdest project for you guys and I never mentioned how weird it is.

Joke episode? Are you. fucking kidding me. I bet there are more other projects that clash and all you can say this the best joke episode?
At least she is trying! God. I can now believe you are the one who trashed my little sisters Tower of Nope because it was Kaizo and you weren't bothered to play it or even review it.

This is a proper project and the levels are PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Don't be judging books by the cover. OR more like.
Don't judge a project by the screenshots.


Back to the questions.

Really Ice? Because my little sister said to keep it as a secret.

A bit too far Litdude. Too far.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: GlitchPC

Postby silent_ » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Star wrote:Can you not see that Its a fat-ass Italian plumber
I honestly don't know what's gotten into you lately.
Star wrote:Mario is fucking weird! Can you not see that Its a fat-ass Italian plumber, Looks Mexican. Made in JAPAN. AND SPEAKS ENGLISH.
How can you not see that SMBX is also weird? It's called Nintendo Logic. Nothing makes sense when It comes to fucking video games.
I never said that the project was 'extremely' weird. I said it was the weirdest project for you guys and I never mentioned how weird it is.

Joke episode? Are you. fucking kidding me. I bet there are more other projects that clash and all you can say this the best joke episode?
At least she is trying! God. I can now believe you are the one who trashed my little sisters Tower of Nope because it was Kaizo and you weren't bothered to play it or even review it.

This is a proper project and the levels are PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Don't be judging books by the cover. OR more like.
Don't judge a project by the screenshots.


Back to the questions.

Really Ice? Because my little sister said to keep it as a secret.

A bit too far Litdude. Too far.
I don't know what's gotten into you lately, you're making false accusations, clearly flaming me, Ice and LitDude, please calm down, and nobody said, "You're sister isn't trying!"; she actually did a good job with her recolors. I also don't know how you get offended by, "This is a joke episode". The second screen is a prime example why this could be a joke episode. I did not judge this project by the screenshots.

How is the project normal and proper? I don't care if it's Chad-like quality, I'm sorry, but if there are NPCs with solid and clashy colors, than it's not normal and proper. I would like to clarify that.

I would like to reiterate and say that I am not trashing your little sister.

I did trash your Tower of Nope level before I even played it because I thought Kaizo levels automatically go into the trashcan. It was a mistake, and you're never going to forget this tiny mistake? And honestly, who really cares where it goes? Sure, I may have freaked out when Substantial Steppe got a six, but I was on drugs not thinking right when I trashed the reviewer.

Please move along and forget about it.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Star
Bit
Bit
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Star » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:10 am

If you think I am flaming Ice and Litdude. You are wrong. I never was flaming Ice to begin with because I just learnt that my little sister has been giving out screenshots even though I thought she wasn't.
The same goes for LitDude. I only said it was too far when he mention SMBX on Drugs. That was it.

The Tower of Nope was not mine.
Just because the level is hard means you can just TRASH it without giving it a go?
I never said the project was proper or normal. I said the LEVELS were normal.

You just gave me more evidence that you were clearly looking at the screenshots and by judging them.
You said that the second screenshot obviously gave you the idea of this being a joke episode. Want to try it at least? Everybody's level design is different.

This is not proper JUST also because of how the NPCS look and clash? Oh my god. please tell me that you find the Revenge on Redigit (Something like that) Is normal. Because the characters were weird.

Now if your going to keep complaining like a little princess. I suggest you leave.



Not every project Is what you want.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:56 am

Kep wrote:she actually did a good job with her recolors.
Kep wrote:This actually looks like an extremely promising joke episode, man. I must congratulate your little sister for making the best joke NPCs ever made, too. Keep it up!
k lol Kep got wrecked


anyway maybe we should get back all into the actual discussion before someone warns us. The Episode is kinda interesting for me looking forward.

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: GlitchPC

Postby zlaker » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:18 am

Kep wrote:Ice and LitDude, please calm down,
lelwut? What did we do?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: GlitchPC

Postby silent_ » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 am

Star wrote:Now if your going to keep complaining like a little princess. I suggest you leave.
I'm starting to get a little mad.

How was I complaining? If I was complaining, it was actually worded nicely.
How was I complaining like a princess? If anything, I was complaining like Wario having no gold.
How was I rude at all when I was complaining?
Why should I leave when technically you started this flame war? Everything would have been fine if you replied to my "this is a joke episode" saying, "No, Kep, this is not a joke episode". I decided not to listen to Gratsel who initially told me "this is not a joke episode" because I didn't think she knew.

Please answer all of these via PM before I stop bugging you.
Ice wrote:
Kep wrote:Ice and LitDude, please calm down,
lelwut? What did we do?
Sorry, you cut off something before that. I should have but a simicolon between Litdude's name and "please".
Kep wrote:clearly flaming me, Ice and LitDude(I should have put a similcolin here) please calm down,
What I meant is:
clearly flaming me, Ice, and Litdude; please calm down.

Honestly, if you're still mad, Star, I will say sorry for the first and last time, but I don't think this will do anything.
previously known as Kep

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:07 am

Good everyone is ignoring my post again in which i hoped this stops before someone does something more agains it wow.

User avatar
Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Karl Marx » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:18 am

Kep, you're just escalating the situation, just stop. If you made an episode that someone mistook for a joke episode, wouldn't you be upset?

Anyway, I have to say the whole mushroom mechanic is a pretty novel idea, never seen anything like that before. The colors are a bit odd looking, not gonna lie, but it's nothing a little pallete and shading wouldn't fix
Image

User avatar
Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: GlitchPC

Postby Aristo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:23 am

Wow I think the purple Koopas and the Thwomps with the blood on the bottom look pretty neat :D Can't wait untill it's finished!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

huh
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm
Current Project: Puzzle Merio and Huh

Re: GlitchPC

Postby huh » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 am

Star wrote: Download:
Spoiler: show
Read.
That teaser doe

Anyway,this project is really something else and i like the way the recolours dont have any shading,i aways found that neat looking.will be looking forward to this :3.
Huh

User avatar
xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm
Current Project: The Lost Island

Re: GlitchPC

Postby xtremegamer51 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:26 pm

This is a pretty neat and fun looking project,the recolors are actually not that bad,(I actually really like the goombas facial expressions)infact,all these sprites would need is some shading and a fitting pallete like Uncle Sam said and they would look perfect in my opinion.The levels seem a bit basic but at the same time there not to linear like in screen 1,and judging by screen 2,since theres a key,Im guessing you have to get it,and go back and find a locked door or something,which also makes the level less linear.Well theres not to much else to say about this project as of now,but its doing pretty good so far I must say.So bravos to you and your sister! ^-^
Image
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
Image
I support...
Spoiler: show
Image
Irc chat messages of glory.
Spoiler: show
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.
I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

User avatar
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: GlitchPC

Postby lighthouse64 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Ice wrote:LEL I remember when Nemu showed me some couple of screenshots of this project. Those cute Goombas :3
They kinda look like Pokemon to me :P
I love cheep cheep's Image :)
Creator of 100+ 8bit emojis
Smiley tongue fan ImageImage Image :P
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
My 1337 rank was quill Image
Squishy rex has been frozen! Image

Some quotes:
Spoiler: show
[19:59] <Lykie> jacob i swear to god
[19:59] <Lykie> I YELLED AT MY MOM
[19:59] <Jacob> Im sorry
[19:59] <lighthouse64> swearing is bad tho
[19:59] <Lykie> FOR MESSING UP THE PATTERN IN THE EGG CARTEN
[19:59] <Lykie> *CARTON
[20:00] <lighthouse64> lol ocd confirmed

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2844
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: GlitchPC

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 am

Breaking the fouth wall? YAY! I'm gonna play this when it's released.
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest