Super Mario Origins Duology; NEW DEMO COMING OUT SOON!
DOWNLOAD THE SMB1 SIDE DEMO HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZMwL ... bbJsAXKfdM
In development since December of 2018, this project started out as Super Mario Bros. Remastered features the graphics from the All-Stars version of SMB1 and features taken from Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Gameboy Color. In May of 2020 I decided to merge "The Lost Levels Remastered" with this project to make "The Super Mario Origins Duology". It's now a 2 game remasters in 1 episode.
Here is some of what you can expect to see in Super Mario Bros. Remastered:
RETURNING FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF SMB1 + TLL:
- Ace-Coins from Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, only relocated throughout the levels to be more appropriate.
- Yoshi Eggs from Super Mario Bros. Deluxe as well, except the locations for the eggs won't change.
- Overworld based off of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe in SMAS styled graphics with a newly added warp world.
- You vs Boo Levels are back but have been repurposed into multiplayer VS levels bundled with the main episode itself as a bonus.
- A working end level fireworks system.
- A checkpoint system accurate to SMB1 rather than the default SMW checkpoint.
- Proper SMB1-esque level intros.
- Parrallax and backgrounds improved to be more accurate to the SMAS version.
- Hard mode returns from the NES and SNES versions.
- Beginning and ending scenes for both SMB1 and TLL akin to Super Mario Advance 4.
- Ace Coins and Yoshi Eggs from SMBDX will be added to "The Lost Levels" as well.
- Added Peach's Castle at the start of the game where you can view scenes, see Ace-Coin and Yoshi Egg totals, use unlocks obtained by collecting Ace-Coins and eggs, and is also where you can swith from playing SMB1 or TLL.
- All 5 characters are playable! With Peach, Toad, and Link looking more SMB1 appropriate.
- Unlockables include returning power-ups, Yoshi(Yes in SMB1 style), SMBX exclusive items, and abilities from other games.
- Full co-op support for both games.(Except the custom HUD, and parrallax scrolling which always breaks in multiplayer, sorry!)
- Toad, Peach, and Link will have proper (NEW) swimming sprites and swimming animations.
- The Lost Levels will have a complete world map for the first time ever!(In SMBDX for the GBC it just recycled SMB1's world map so no that doesn't count, and the BS-X version only had the first 3 or for worlds so that doesn't count either.)
- Warp zone has been moved to the world map.
- FIVE new original SMB1-styled battle levels to be bundled with the episode along with the aforementioned returning You vs Boo stages.
Please note that these screenshots and GIFs were taking from multiple stages of development some of them may have graphics or features that have changed.
Screenshots are still just from the SMB1 side of the game but SMB:TLL screens and GIFs will be added soon.
PLEASE NOTE: That all future SMOD trailers and development videos will be uploaded exclusively to the SMBX 38A Discord channel.
Q:When will the full episode be released?
A:Soon! I have tried to set release date for it in the past, but only to disappoint the community and myself when I fail a deadline. So all I can say for now is soon. However expect another demo containing worlds 1-2 of both SMB1 and TLL bundled with the battle levels soon(er).
Q:What do you wish to deliver with the Super Mario Origins Duology?
A:I wish to deliver what is essentially the Super Mario Advance 5 that never happened, only with the perks and unlocks of being in the SMBX 38A Engine.(And without the horrendous GBA color palette and screen crunch. YUCK!)
Q:Is this your first SMBX episode?
A:Yes! I wanted to familiarize myself with the level editor of SMBX before I started an original SMBX episode, and I thought remastering a SMB game first would be a good way to do that.
Q:Why did you chose SMBX 38A as the version to release SMOD on?
A:It had the most SMB1+TLL content already bundled in the level editor, more so than 2.0 and certainly way more than 1.3, which means it was the easiest to make the remake for.
Q:Will you be releasing this for 2.0 as well?
A:Nope. However let me put it this way; if somebody wants to port my work from 38A over to 2.0 I'd be fine with it as long as they credit me for the work on the 38A version(and Nintendo for the original game!)
Q:Will you be releasing a "Super Mario Bros. Special: Remastered" as well?
A:Probably not. I have had my fill of making Mario 1-esque content for a while. However I have a proof-of-concept level 1 of Super Mario Bros Special: Remastered here: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=25565
Q:Can we expect eeeeverything from previous versions of SMB1 in SMOD?
A:No, do not expect the return of: badges from SMBDX, the high score system from SMBDX, the title screen, the post level toad house from SMBDX's challenge mode, or the Gameboy printable images(because of course not.)
Q:Where can I follow the development of this episode?
A:You'll find me on the SMBX 38A(and to a lesser extent the SMBX) discord quite a lot you can drop by and say hi and feel free to ask questions, I go by the username Iggy.
WITH HELP FROM:
Void the Bat