SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7607
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:29 am

Ah, yeah. You shouldn't replace older versions. There can always be some unexpected consequences.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby FirestarPlays » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:00 am

==> scripts/base/game/marioChallenge.lua:424: attempt to access local.thisLevel (a nil value)

How do i fix this?
Image

Bluecat5995
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:42 pm
Chat Username: Bluecat5995

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Bluecat5995 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:43 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:56 am
Bluecat5995 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Instead of the Super Mario Allstars textures, music, characters for Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3 can you change it or make new ones to the NES originals please?
And make them unusable in levels that use graphics from multiple games? Please just use custom graphics if you don't like the defaults for your level or episode.
But the SMB3 tile sets I can find are way too small.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7607
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:14 am

Bluecat5995 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:43 pm
Enjl wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:56 am
Bluecat5995 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Instead of the Super Mario Allstars textures, music, characters for Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3 can you change it or make new ones to the NES originals please?
And make them unusable in levels that use graphics from multiple games? Please just use custom graphics if you don't like the defaults for your level or episode.
But the SMB3 tile sets I can find are way too small.
SMBX tiles are resized to trice the original size. You can do this in any drawing software with trivial effort if you disable anti-alias or use nearest neighbour sampling.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
DrMekar
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 am
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR
Current Project: Mario Hereos 2: The Seal of Darkness, SMBXDM The Lost Levels 2, Path of Silence
Chat Username: DrMekar
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby DrMekar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am

I'm not really sure where to ask this, since I don't even know if it is possible, though I
ask it here.

Is it possible to use the filters that can be enabled in the Pause Menu in Level Editor
in a level in the Main Game and Midlevel?

I'm making a level that starts of as a normal Forest Level, though Midlevel the Forest starts
burning. I already use black fog particles, but I feel like there're not enough.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

Great Folks who support/ed my projects/in the past:

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

Image

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7607
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am

DrMekar wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am
I'm not really sure where to ask this, since I don't even know if it is possible, though I
ask it here.

Is it possible to use the filters that can be enabled in the Pause Menu in Level Editor
in a level in the Main Game and Midlevel?

I'm making a level that starts of as a normal Forest Level, though Midlevel the Forest starts
burning. I already use black fog particles, but I feel like there're not enough.
The filters on the pause screen are filters for colorblindness, so you can test if colorblind people are able to play your levels.
They're written as shaders in the GLSL programming language. Shader programming is something you can do by writing .vert (vertex shaders) and .frag (fragment shaders) and loading them in your lua file.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... wvggx5ehog
You will need to dig into shader programming in order to understand how shaders work. They're fairly advanced. The gist of it is that the code in a shader runs for every pixel on the screen and returns a colour to display for that pixel, but there's a lot more to it once you begin reading the docs and looking at simple examples. In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
DrMekar
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 am
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR
Current Project: Mario Hereos 2: The Seal of Darkness, SMBXDM The Lost Levels 2, Path of Silence
Chat Username: DrMekar
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby DrMekar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
DrMekar wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am
I'm not really sure where to ask this, since I don't even know if it is possible, though I
ask it here.

Is it possible to use the filters that can be enabled in the Pause Menu in Level Editor
in a level in the Main Game and Midlevel?

I'm making a level that starts of as a normal Forest Level, though Midlevel the Forest starts
burning. I already use black fog particles, but I feel like there're not enough.
The filters on the pause screen are filters for colorblindness, so you can test if colorblind people are able to play your levels.
They're written as shaders in the GLSL programming language. Shader programming is something you can do by writing .vert (vertex shaders) and .frag (fragment shaders) and loading them in your lua file.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... wvggx5ehog
You will need to dig into shader programming in order to understand how shaders work. They're fairly advanced. The gist of it is that the code in a shader runs for every pixel on the screen and returns a colour to display for that pixel, but there's a lot more to it once you begin reading the docs and looking at simple examples. In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
Intresting to know. I didn't know they are there for this reason.

Okay Thanks, I'll do that in a while.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

Great Folks who support/ed my projects/in the past:

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
The colourblindness shaders are what's called a "colour matrix filter". This basically just takes in a 3x3 matrix (which is effectively a grid consisting of 9 numbers) and multiplies it with the existing pixel's colour to produce an output colour. Here's a little diagram roughly showing how it works:

Image

Each column of the matrix is multiplied by the input, and then each row is added together to produce an output, effectively. What it's actually doing is a matrix multiplication, but if you're not familiar with that, this might help to understand how it works. You can use this shader yourself without writing and GLSL, and just feed in your own filter matrix.

User avatar
DrMekar
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 am
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR
Current Project: Mario Hereos 2: The Seal of Darkness, SMBXDM The Lost Levels 2, Path of Silence
Chat Username: DrMekar
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby DrMekar » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:26 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
In scripts/shaders you can find the code for the colorblindness shaders, which might be good to look at for simple color manipulation.
The colourblindness shaders are what's called a "colour matrix filter". This basically just takes in a 3x3 matrix (which is effectively a grid consisting of 9 numbers) and multiplies it with the existing pixel's colour to produce an output colour. Here's a little diagram roughly showing how it works:

Image

Each column of the matrix is multiplied by the input, and then each row is added together to produce an output, effectively. What it's actually doing is a matrix multiplication, but if you're not familiar with that, this might help to understand how it works. You can use this shader yourself without writing and GLSL, and just feed in your own filter matrix.
Okay, thanks. This will problably be handy at some point.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

Great Folks who support/ed my projects/in the past:

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Attention!
Because of some odd DDoS that doing by some Chinese bots are attacking PGE Forum at http://wohlsoft.ru by the sequence of junk queries, I temporarily disabled the host to inspect the situation and solve it.

https://twitter.com/Nvd5517/status/1191158244858908673
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 am

Okay, I have resumed work of WohlSoft site back. Looks like the attacking was stopped.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
cato
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Current Project: My episode
Chat Username: Cato
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby cato » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:24 am

Something about custom graphic for Sumo Bros:
Image
How is the projectile not lower enough to hit the ground?
Also this:
Image
Can't really make a gimmick for having NPCs going into a set path without glitches.

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby FirestarPlays » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Image

A little help, please? *I don't have Bowser's Vengeance*

Edit: Did I just kill the thread?

Ummmm...
Image

User avatar
cato
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Current Project: My episode
Chat Username: Cato
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby cato » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 am

Wanted to make a pipe level, but it exceeds the limit of 99 warps. Somehow, the checkbox of "Two Way Warp" is disabled. Any advice?

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:33 pm

cato wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 am
Wanted to make a pipe level, but it exceeds the limit of 99 warps. Somehow, the checkbox of "Two Way Warp" is disabled. Any advice?

uh ... the limit for warps should be 2000 anyway?
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7607
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48 pm

It was 200 in 1.3 and 2000 since MAGLX2 I believe. It was never 99 to my knowledge. All the two-way box would do if it was enabled is spawn in a second warp that goes the other way, so you wouldn't use half the warps even if it did work.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Wiimeiser
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 am
Flair: What?
Chat Username: Wiimeiser

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7607
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Enjl » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?
Former was fixed on the PAL version (straight upgrade to MAGLX3 version) I beleve. Latter wasn't, but I know both are definitely fixed in the current repo build.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

vitzie629
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby vitzie629 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm
Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?
Former was fixed on the PAL version (straight upgrade to MAGLX3 version) I beleve. Latter wasn't, but I know both are definitely fixed in the current repo build.
Current repo build? What do you mean?

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Electriking » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:22 pm

vitzie629 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 pm
Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Were these ever corrected at any point?
-Activating a snake block causes blocks to randomly lose collision.
-NPCs 412 and 378 block fireballs.

On the subject of warps I was able to make more than 420 in the MAGLX3 version. What version are you using?
Former was fixed on the PAL version (straight upgrade to MAGLX3 version) I beleve. Latter wasn't, but I know both are definitely fixed in the current repo build.
Current repo build? What do you mean?
A version of SMBX2 for the devs.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest