Cedur wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 am
in A2XT there's that Mario boss
Wait... A2XT? You sure? That's like, an official episode... how could something as simple as putting a warp on a layer be overlooked in that kind of project?
Sticking with the theme of the thread, a few things I hate are:
- Water levels (mainly making them, because you can't just think about platforming, as the player can swim. Also it can be tricky to setup the water boxes in such a way so that water NPCs don't get killed if they somehow swim outside of the box)
- Ghost levels (I just don't like making them in most cases, I suppose it's just the depressing, ghost theme I dislike tbh)
- The long loading times that can occur when first loading up the SMBX engine / PGE editor
- Projectile spam
- Hard levels (especially Kaizo). Hard as in enemy spam, not many powerups, overly long, etc.
- Painfully slow autoscroll (Ironically, the autoscrollers I've made in the past WERE painfully slow!)
- The fact that lunalua is needed in many situations where you want something custom to occur. For example, with custom bosses, I'm always tempted to use Vanilla reskinned bosses simply because they are much easier to implement than writing the code (and ensuring it works) for a new boss.