What the heck happend to the level editor?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Mr Tarakan
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: i love this game so much
Current Project: level collection
Chat Username: MR Tarakan

Re: What the heck happend to the level editor?

Postby Mr Tarakan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am

i think every thing is okay
my twitter https://twitter.com/Mr_Tarakan1
https://www.facebook.com/alexej.kudryashow.3 my facebook. my profile pic is when i was 6 or 4 btw
i cant work on my project because my game is broken

OlieGamerTV
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby OlieGamerTV » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:20 am

Yeah, in my opinion, the new PGE editor is a bit difficult to use at first, but use it for a while, and you get used to it, idk why I should be involved considering that SMBX 2.0 was my first SMBX editor... Just use it for a bit and you should get used to it.
My Projects
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 am

Mr Tarakan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am
i think every thing is okay
Please don't bump old topics with unconstructive posts

XPlaza_aX
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Hello!
Chat Username: XPlazaX

Postby XPlaza_aX » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:11 am

Is the PGE editor in version 1.4.4?

TakeTheL08
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I love luigi
Current Project: I'm back on with Super Mario Bros 1!!
Chat Username: TakeTheL08

Re: What the **** happend to the level editor?

Postby TakeTheL08 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm

Ananymoos wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 pm
I just came back to SMBX and i got version 2.0. I wanted to make a level but when the editor loaded up, holy jesus i was confused. I have to relearn everything now since i have no *****ing clue how to use this editor.
Now one of the main reasons i started playing SMBX was the easy to use editor. It even says on the main page "Easy to use, real-time level editor with thousands of objects to choose from" but now all you have is this cluster **** level editor that new people would not even know how to use! The older editor was straight forward and easy to use. The 1.4.4 editor takes things a little overboard as well. I tried to make a level but i was clueless on **** that so simple on the older editor! The 1.4.2 editor is sorta like 1.3 editor but with some more added features and stuff. Oh yeah also the 2.0 editor was very cramped and disorganized and i just could not make a level in that editor no matter what i did. The **** editor is no longer easy to use and new players will be clueless trying to use these new editors and i think it should be a hands on easy to use editor instead of the cluster **** that is the 2.0 editor and the and the feature **** 1.4.4 editor.
I believe that the level editor is too complex, too.
Also, I NEED A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO SELECT, EDIT MOVE AND DELETE OBJECTS

P.S. stop with the swearing plz! it took ages to find and star all the swear words. Kids read this, you know?
Hello!

I LOVE LUIGI!!! LUIGI LUIGI LUIGI LUIGI LUIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... :)

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:16 pm

TakeTheL08 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm
Ananymoos wrote:
I just came back to SMBX and i got version 2.0. I wanted to make a level but when the editor loaded up, holy jesus i was confused. I have to relearn everything now since i have no *****ing clue how to use this editor.
Now one of the main reasons i started playing SMBX was the easy to use editor. It even says on the main page "Easy to use, real-time level editor with thousands of objects to choose from" but now all you have is this cluster **** level editor that new people would not even know how to use! The older editor was straight forward and easy to use. The 1.4.4 editor takes things a little overboard as well. I tried to make a level but i was clueless on **** that so simple on the older editor! The 1.4.2 editor is sorta like 1.3 editor but with some more added features and stuff. Oh yeah also the 2.0 editor was very cramped and disorganized and i just could not make a level in that editor no matter what i did. The **** editor is no longer easy to use and new players will be clueless trying to use these new editors and i think it should be a hands on easy to use editor instead of the cluster **** that is the 2.0 editor and the and the feature **** 1.4.4 editor.

P.S. stop with the swearing plz! it took ages to find and star all the swear words. Kids read this, you know?

Why did you bump a 2-year-old thread and talk to a person that is gone since?

PGE is nowhere more confusing than the legacy editor when you get known to any of these. There will be new written tutorials to replace the obsolete old ones.

It's really simple. Just check out the icon bar and you get an explanation for everything.

The selection icon is just the same as in the old editor, but moving objects around works a lot more smoothly.
If you want to delete something, just click the eraser, or select and press Delete.
There's also a tool for Paint-like area selection. Or just click into an empty area and drag a rectangle.
If you only want to select a certain kind of objects but others are in the way, use the Lock tools.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshi's are tools to be used and discarded.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

TakeTheL08
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I love luigi
Current Project: I'm back on with Super Mario Bros 1!!
Chat Username: TakeTheL08

Postby TakeTheL08 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:16 pm
TakeTheL08 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm
Ananymoos wrote:

Why did you bump a 2-year-old thread and talk to a person that is gone since?

PGE is nowhere more confusing than the legacy editor when you get known to any of these. There will be new written tutorials to replace the obsolete old ones.

It's really simple. Just check out the icon bar and you get an explanation for everything.

The selection icon is just the same as in the old editor, but moving objects around works a lot more smoothly.
If you want to delete something, just click the eraser, or select and press Delete.
There's also a tool for Paint-like area selection. Or just click into an empty area and drag a rectangle.
If you only want to select a certain kind of objects but others are in the way, use the Lock tools.

YOU just bumped an old thread that is not being used
All you have to do is reload the editor a couple of times!
Hello!

I LOVE LUIGI!!! LUIGI LUIGI LUIGI LUIGI LUIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... :)

Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm

TakeTheL08 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm
Demonstrably false but okay.

Just chill a little, alright? People can help you with the editor if you're having issues, but you shouldn't bump old threads or get defensive.

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 am

TakeTheL08 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm
All you have to do is reload the editor a couple of times!
If you would like help with the editor, you can read one of the tutorials such as this one. If you still have any lingering questions after reading, feel free to make a thread in the Help and Support forum, or make a post on the PGE Project thread. I'm going to lock this thread because it's no longer relevant.

Return to “General”