welcome to this very spontaneous project topic by me about the MH1 Remaster or MH1.5, whatever you prefer.
Mario Heroes: The First Chapter was my first Real Big Project to be actually released about 1 and a half years ago.
In my opnion, Mario Heroes: The First Chapter hasn't aged well, due countless issuses in the production. One of my
level designers (who's name I'm not gonna say) jumped off, I had no real Ideas what to do with the Forest World (W5) for whatever
reason, The Translation I did was done very poorly, because my English wasn't the best back then and I did it in about 2 Days I think,
overlooking various dialogues. All in One the project just wasn't ready yet, though I still pushed it out, because I really wanted to get
into the production of MH2 for a certain reason especially, which brings me to my next point: The Story.
The Story of MH1 was pretty generic, especially for my Standards. (though I hadn't build up an entire universe back then). Aside from the
Quality of the Story, there were also a whole bunch of plotholes in it, never to be filled, like where does the Ring Bowser Jr finds come from? or
what was Xenon's Plan? Who even is/was she? All this Questions and more will be answered in the Remastered.
- Captain Toad will be replaced with Rod, a Good Friend of the Royal Family and Ally some of you may already know from the MH2 Demo.
- Three Secret Characters can be unlocked via various means that will be added here:
- Every World now has atleast 4-6 Levels in it, not counting the Castles and Fortresses.
- Every World now has a unique Fortress Level featuring unique and new Bosses
- The Number of Worlds has been increased to the Mario-typical 8 Worlds
- New Unique Fortress Bosses
- Aside from the Shy-Guy Bros there're 2 more kinds of Minibosses that can be encountered in Normal Levels.
- All Koopaling Battles will be improved, revamped or rebuild from Scratch.
- The Game will have Switch Palaces
- The Game will ONLY be aviable in English this time around.
- The Game is for SMBX 2.0, not 1.3 like the orginal
Issues of the Orginal I'm aware of:
- Poor English Translation
- The Game has a weird Mix of Difficulty
- The Star Warps of W5 and W6 are broken.
- The Woods (W5) are a mess and not Fun to play
- Many Effects are missing
- Duplicate Music Files in Episode Folder
- Real Lack of Checkpoints in World 6 and 7
- The TRUE Final Boss is WAY too easy
The Story of Mario Heroes: The First Chapter plays about 9 Years, after the Events of Mario's New Adventure. The World is on a diplomatic Wire. Many Kingdoms have closed
there Gates to The Mushroom Kingdom after The Kings Troops couldn't stop Bowser anymore from starting an invasion, following the Tragic Death of General Leroy. Even the direct
Neightbor Kingdoms like the Kingdom of Deathcrow Desert have stopped the cooperation, mostly because they fear to be taken over alongside the Mushroom Kingdom when a Crawford
Kingdom Case occurs. The Crawford Kingdom, former known as the Carvern Kingdom was a loyal allie of the Mushroom Kingdom once upon a time, until the dictator Raimond Crawford
took over, who also happends to have struck a deal with Bowser. Aside from the Bloodlusting Crawford, Bowser has also struck a deal with the devious Sorcerer Master Quarzal who took
over a Forest Kingdom Hundred of Years ago. And because even that wasn't enougth for Bowser, he also hired a team of Bounty Hunters led by a man known as Dallas von Sacheverell.
With all that Power in his claws, Bowser now plans to finally take over the Kingdom killing all his Enemies in the process. For that, he set an Evil Master Plan in motion only a small Group
of Heroes can stop. Along the way, the Heroes will entcounter all kinds of Foes like:
Raimond Crawford - Brutal Dictator of the Crawford KIngdom.
John von Grayhelmet - The Right-Hand Puppet of Master Sorcerer Quarzal.
Dallas von Sacheverell - Leader of a Team of Bounty Hunters. Prepared to do anythink for quick Money.
Cosmo Sniders alias Goomba Guy - A Member of Sacheverells Team. Obsessed with Goombas to the point where he thinks that he's one himself.
Nyree, the Neglected - A Member of Sacheverells Team and Sacheverells Right-Hand. Almost Nothing is known about her past, except that she lost a Leg someday, a fate she likes to share with her Enemies in diffrent ways.