SMBX Things that annoy you.

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius, Firestar's GFX Pack
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby FirestarPlays » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:00 pm

SMB3 Bowser fights where you can only hit it with bombs.
Image

User avatar
Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 pm
Flair: bruh
Current Project: vibin'
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Saltlord » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:47 pm

SMB3 Bowser fights where you can only hit it with bombs.
Time-wasting boss fights in general.

Image

Image


User avatar
cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Current Project: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Chat Username: Cato
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby cato » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:00 pm
SMB3 Bowser fights where you can only hit it with bombs.
With extended hitbox, additional enemies such as chasers, Rinkas, etc and lack of consistent power-up generator to prevent choking.

User avatar
thegameseum
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 am
Flair: non binary (they, them)
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby thegameseum » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:29 am

Almost everything about 38a. The editor is inconvenient to navigate, the physics are different, it's riddled with bugs, the coding language used for scripts, teascript, is vastly inferior to LUA, and there is a password for the redigitiscool cheat code which, by the way, probably has no solution. There are a few redeeming qualities, like the cool new powerups, enemies, and the flagpole. That's pretty much it, though.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6491
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Cedur » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:32 am

I hate sliding slopes to cross large gaps. I somehow die to this so many times and I'm pretty afraid of it!
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am

The Princess Cilche Final Boss. It waste my time I STILL didn't beat it, only with cheat codes

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius, Firestar's GFX Pack
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby FirestarPlays » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am
The Princess Cilche Final Boss. It waste my time I STILL didn't beat it, only with cheat codes
A tip: It is possible to beat without cheats, just hit bowser with hammers from your hammer suit and don't get hit :/
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6491
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Cedur » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:08 am

FirestarPlays wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 am
Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am
The Princess Cilche Final Boss. It waste my time I STILL didn't beat it, only with cheat codes
A tip: It is possible to beat without cheats, just hit bowser with hammers from your hammer suit and don't get hit :/

The extra annoying part is that you have to go back to the other stage to re-obtain the hammers every time. Anyone who wants to beat this boss (I recommend you don't) should feel free to place two hammers right at the start of the level
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:08 am
FirestarPlays wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 am
Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am
The Princess Cilche Final Boss. It waste my time I STILL didn't beat it, only with cheat codes
A tip: It is possible to beat without cheats, just hit bowser with hammers from your hammer suit and don't get hit :/

The extra annoying part is that you have to go back to the other stage to re-obtain the hammers every time. Anyone who wants to beat this boss (I recommend you don't) should feel free to place two hammers right at the start of the level
Seriously but I agree. The Princess Visit' Cliche is much easier to do anyways so I'll do that

Added in 1 minute 42 seconds:
thegameseum wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:29 am
Almost everything about 38a. The editor is inconvenient to navigate, the physics are different, it's riddled with bugs, the coding language used for scripts, teascript, is vastly inferior to LUA, and there is a password for the redigitiscool cheat code which, by the way, probably has no solution. There are a few redeeming qualities, like the cool new powerups, enemies, and the flagpole. That's pretty much it, though.
Yeah 1.4.5 editor is harder to do than 1.4.4

User avatar
cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Current Project: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Chat Username: Cato
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby cato » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:37 am

Also, levels that are dangerous, use darkness effect to cause disability and blindness to the player, instead of using the effect for aesthetic and atmosphere details.

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:23 pm
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby SBells27 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:06 am

Chain Chomps and the some music files being changed to a much worse versions of themselves in 38A
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Eri7 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:09 am

Waiting a long time for levels to load when testing them in 2.0, this also becomes an even bigger issue when I stream because sometimes, the levels don't even load at all.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5971
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am

When I see a custom SMBX custom level that looks very rushed! I should know, my own AVLC entry was rushed because my parents tried to keep me preoccupied with stuff besides anything computer/video game wise

User avatar
Alucard648
Rex
Rex
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:45 am

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Alucard648 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm

cato wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:00 pm
SMB3 Bowser fights where you can only hit it with bombs.
With extended hitbox, additional enemies such as chasers, Rinkas, etc and lack of consistent power-up generator to prevent choking.
Spoiler: show
AIRSHIP ATTACK 1 FINAL BOSS :x

User avatar
CD20Superness
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby CD20Superness » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:20 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am
When I see a custom SMBX custom level that looks very rushed! I should know, my own AVLC entry was rushed because my parents tried to keep me preoccupied with stuff besides anything computer/video game wise
SAME THING HAPPEN GOES TO ME!!! But not always. Plus, I already finished 2/5 world levels on my future project.
i'm a teenage boy who likes multitasking.

User avatar
Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Idunn » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:40 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am
When I see a custom SMBX custom level that looks very rushed! I should know, my own AVLC entry was rushed because my parents tried to keep me preoccupied with stuff besides anything computer/video game wise
So you rushed a Level you made for a Contest because parents tried to keep you preoccupied?
Like they preoccupied you the whole 24/7? Odd.
Things i support!
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image


User avatar
ANueUtsuho
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 1:13 am

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby ANueUtsuho » Sun May 03, 2020 1:12 am

FirestarPlays wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:00 pm
SMB3 Bowser fights where you can only hit it with bombs.
Honestly, bombs especially. It's one thing if it's any other grabbing-and-throwing object, but usually I feel the bombs wind up being more of an obstacle than Bowser himself! I think the only worse thing was the final boss from The Princess Cliche where you need to defeat chasing Paratroopas to hit Bowser.

User avatar
DerEric
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:17 am
Flair: FINAL BOSS
Current Project: Who knows?
Chat Username: Eric
Contact:

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby DerEric » Sat May 23, 2020 6:01 am

The constant and still ongoing semi-war between 38A and SMBX2.

Why can't we acknowledge that both engines have their advantages and disadvantages and let people choose whether they use SMBX2 or 38A?

I have to admit that it has been worse though.
Just wait and see.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6491
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Cedur » Sat May 23, 2020 9:00 am

I don't think it's really a war anymore.

The builds are judged for what they are, and if Eclipsed says he has problems with 38A's physics or if I say that my pause menu is not working, these are just facts.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Re: SMBX Things that annoy you.

Postby Idunn » Sat May 23, 2020 9:49 am

Ludwig_von Koopa wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:01 am
The constant and still ongoing semi-war between 38A and SMBX2.

Why can't we acknowledge that both engines have their advantages and disadvantages and let people choose whether they use SMBX2 or 38A?

I have to admit that it has been worse though.
Or we just accept that people have different opinions about certain engines? I for one don’t like how 38A has all this weird stuff in his engine. Hopefully his attitude changed though.

It’s not a war it’s more like people just prefer different things.
Things i support!
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image



Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot [Bot], ShadowStarX and 5 guests