User Talk & Personal Stuff

Off-topic discussion.
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Then vs Now

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 pm

I was in my second year of high school when I joined Knuxforums in late 2013. Now I'm a college graduate with two degrees in Computer Science and Entertainment Technology. Feels like just yesterday I graduated high school, life is going by so fast man.

I've mostly moved on from level making as a whole but I'll always remember my time here. There were ups and downs but this community will always have a special place in my heart. I'll never forget all the fun times I had and all the cool people I got to interact with while playing Mafia, those were the days.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:56 pm

Went from being a super annoying and immature kid to being a mildly annoying and immature adult :)

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:57 am

zioy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:56 pm
Went from being a super annoying and immature kid to being a mildly annoying and immature adult :)

This basically applies for my childhood as well
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Oh boy, I really do not want to remember those times. Some will remember my very first username when I joined this community for the first time. I'm not talking about this forum by the way, I joined way waaaaaay back in NSMBX, I think it was around 2011. To those that don't remember my username or just weren't there back then, it was MASTERKYU9. The cheesiest, most otaku thing I have ever lied eyes upon ever, and my most hated username ever. Worst yet my avatar was essentially a red number nine (I used to like red more than blue, thankfully not anymore). I don't even know how I got to be a moderator back then, I was an immature piece of shit.

Really, back then I didn't even know how to talk in English, I just put Google Translator and hoped for the best. After some time I got comfortable enough with my own English to never open it up unless it was a word I didn't know. I didn't begin to improve until we moved to SMBX:R where I kept my moderator status. I actually had the opportunity to hang out with some people that made me realize the world was much bigger than what the bubble I called "world" was. I remember there was this one guy who was kind of blind and went on a flamewar of sorts with anybody and calling everyone an annoying kid or something. After we talked he mellowed up a bit and started having frequent conversations.

Am I mature now? I don't know, I don't think I can even describe what being mature is. I can say for certain I like being where I am now a heck of a lot more than where I used to be at. Here's hoping to improving in the future.

idruinn
Banned
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Re: Do you feel like you have grown as a person?

Postby idruinn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:32 am

When you reach a state that you are both a child and an adult, you will know you have matured. Maturing is just a process of becoming more aware of oneself and how to relate to oneself, life, and others, from a healthy point of view. I have worked a lot in my life with elder people and they are all childs and adults at the same time. They discovered themselves and they got aware of who they really are.
Last edited by idruinn on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cato
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression

Re: Do you feel like you have grown as a person?

Postby cato » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:22 am

A lot in terms of maturity and personality.

Comment from my teacher to my year-end reflection:
"Cato, your year-end reflection really tells me who you're grown into :). I'm proud to see your personal development. You seem to be really mature. Just believe in yourself! I know you get what it takes to accomplish great things in this world. Not everyone might understand you, but you are surely a bright, smart and sophisticated young man with a remarkable future of you! :) Add Oil!"
Freedom, Human Rights, Fairness, Democracy, Rule of Law, Righteousness, Courageness, Human Nature, Conscience, Goodwill, Ethics, Beliefs, Hope.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no

Postby AirSeus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:13 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 pm
I was in my second year of high school when I joined Knuxforums in late 2013. Now I'm a college graduate with two degrees in Computer Science and Entertainment Technology. Feels like just yesterday I graduated high school, life is going by so fast man.

I've mostly moved on from level making as a whole but I'll always remember my time here. There were ups and downs but this community will always have a special place in my heart. I'll never forget all the fun times I had and all the cool people I got to interact with while playing Mafia, those were the days.
Man, I haven't seen you in a while, nice to see that you have gotten yourself in a really nice position! The old days were really something special, sometimes I wish I could relive them even though I was a little twerp myself. But hey! This place has grown really nicely. Most of us thought it would have been gone by now.
Whattup folk, I've been here for quite a while, around 10-11 years to be exact (I know, blows my mind too). I went by 45324 different names in the past before finally settling on this one. Luigi, Bowser123, Zupermariobros, IzIcy, AirSeus/AirSoos.

Have a nice day.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Re: The "What happened to that SMBX user?" thread

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:27 am
Chill Pingu: I don't even know who that is.
They were a user who was pretty active back on Knux's site and did have some activity here back in the early days of this forum, but seemingly disappeared in early 2014.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Murphmario
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Post one of the craziest dream you ever had.

Postby Murphmario » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Not sure where to put this, but I had a nightmare about Super Mario 64 last night (and no, it's not related to the Wario Apparition). The only things I explicitly remember is that the Castle Basement was different and more open to how it usually is, and that there were evil Princess Peach paintings chasing Mario.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

CJ_RLushi
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Intention is what matters

Postby CJ_RLushi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 pm

One day I dreamed about waking up, like, 2 times, so I woke up, went to talk with my mom, thought that I was in reality already, but no, then some glowing butterflies appeared, so I figured out it was a dream, and woke up.

Then I wake up again, and there was no one in the house, and it was afternoon so I figured out again and woke up, this time to, I hope it's reality, and here I am now.

And the first hours after waking up to that I was really trying to see if there wasn't anything weird.
My episode lol:

idruinn
Banned
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Postby idruinn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:12 am

CJ_RLushi wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 pm
One day I dreamed about waking up, like, 2 times, so I woke up, went to talk with my mom, thought that I was in reality already, but no, then some glowing butterflies appeared, so I figured out it was a dream, and woke up.

Then I wake up again, and there was no one in the house, and it was afternoon so I figured out again and woke up, this time to, I hope it's reality, and here I am now.

And the first hours after waking up to that I was really trying to see if there wasn't anything weird.
Your dream reminds me of a movie called Somnia.

DerEric
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: SMBX Official Eric Guide

Postby DerEric » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:01 am

What... in the world?

Please don't use extended music tracks.
"I'm not going to ask Nintendo for permission to create a fangame, but you must ask me for permission to use my content!"
~ Logic, 2010-2021

Main YouTube channel
SMBX focused YouTube channel
The Neocosmos
Twitter

I support:

More supported projects: show

Top episodes:
Mario Classic/2k1x: Subzero Heroes/SKL - Mario Classic Adventure

Feel free to use my content, but give credit.

Just wait and see.
2/2020

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:09 am

Well now Eric goes by DerEric.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

1di_Scroll
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!

Postby 1di_Scroll » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Thank you for this amazing guide, it should be stickied at Guides forum

computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: It's spelt "flare"

Postby computerfan0 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:10 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 am
I wonder what ever happened to Scroll? Did he lost interest in SMBX?
Apparently"something bad happened" and he had to leave the community. He has returned though.

EDIT: Looking at his posts it appears his laptop broke.
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: person who constantly changes their avatar
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Rhosty » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:10 am

HeroLinik wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:25 am
So I haven't been popping around for ages, and a lot of the faces seem to have changed since I last appeared.
ayy you back finally
Hey what was all the commotion with bossedit8 getting banned and creating another account?
more stuff: show
reddit.com/user/kinkykookykat
https://www.roblox.com/users/56927982/profile
I'm on talkhaus, kuribo64, smw central, and pge as well
omg zoom is absolute trash, why does my school still use it
selective mutism is a nuisance

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Postby zioy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:31 pm

I have been playing so much disc golf it’s unreal

LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: There's always another secret.

Postby LGLMAKING » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Wasn't Core also an Eric in the past?
"I am incredibly lucky I know you and im glad I gave you a chance to be a part of this" -Eri7
"I'm going to call these Janksqueaks from now on." -Clearman06
"IT IS A SKYTREE!!!" -Big K
New producer of the Novaverse, after Eri7's departure from the community.

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:32 pm

LGLMAKING wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Wasn't Core also an Eric in the past?

Yes, but that's way down in the past.

Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:29 am

Ya all forgetting the truest Eric of all time newbies.

Return to “Sandbox”