The SMBX Wiki

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
User avatar
Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: The world's a little blurry...
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Contact:

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Rhosty » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:16 am

Cedur wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:26 pm
Rhosty wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:18 pm
I don't know how you did it because the Permission Error page still shows up for me

We talked about the PGE wiki in the previous posts.
cdeaur help I drank some vodka and now I'm drunk seriously
To be continued~
things: show

Get it, Let it roll!

Image
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
My favorite Pokemon from each type: ImageImage
(Eureka02) New YT:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpwBM ... g/featured
(jaymcantgame) Older YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicaMario64/featured
selective mutism is a nuisance

User avatar
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: It's spelt "flare"
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby computerfan0 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm

I have said this multiple times: I would also be interested in seeing the wiki reopen. No wonder people create wikias when the one here has been down for years.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Cedur » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm

On the other hand, there hasn't really been interested found in writing all those pages and doing the workload regularly. And the majority of outside wikias is poorly written or really trolly
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Posts: 2260
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Murphmario » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 pm

I still have that vision of what I want the wiki to look like, if that helps.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

User avatar
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: It's spelt "flare"
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby computerfan0 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm
On the other hand, there hasn't really been interested found in writing all those pages and doing the workload regularly. And the majority of outside wikias is poorly written or really trolly
Even a poorly written wiki with little content is better than an error screen.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Enjl » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:50 am

computerfan0 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am
Cedur wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm
On the other hand, there hasn't really been interested found in writing all those pages and doing the workload regularly. And the majority of outside wikias is poorly written or really trolly
Even a poorly written wiki with little content is better than an error screen.
I'm curious... With technical information posted to the pge wiki and smbx2 documentation, and miscellaneous other topics about content and help posted to the forums directly, what kind of meaningful content would a wiki provide?
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:35 am

computerfan0 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am
Cedur wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm
On the other hand, there hasn't really been interested found in writing all those pages and doing the workload regularly. And the majority of outside wikias is poorly written or really trolly
Even a poorly written wiki with little content is better than an error screen.

I agree that the Wiki pipe should be removed as it's not ever coming back.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: It's spelt "flare"
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby computerfan0 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:39 am

Enjl wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:50 am
computerfan0 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am
Cedur wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm
On the other hand, there hasn't really been interested found in writing all those pages and doing the workload regularly. And the majority of outside wikias is poorly written or really trolly
Even a poorly written wiki with little content is better than an error screen.
I'm curious... With technical information posted to the pge wiki and smbx2 documentation, and miscellaneous other topics about content and help posted to the forums directly, what kind of meaningful content would a wiki provide?
More in-depth info about episodes, like level names, info about levels etc.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:00 am

^ That was sort-of intended when the wiki was restarted but even before the shutdown, this was pretty lacking.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Posts: 2260
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Murphmario » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Also info about the non-technical aspects of SMBX2. Like enemies and whatnot.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

User avatar
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: It's spelt "flare"
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby computerfan0 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:52 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:00 am
^ That was sort-of intended when the wiki was restarted but even before the shutdown, this was pretty lacking.
It would have constantly improved if the wiki hadn't have shut down.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:52 am
Cedur wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:00 am
^ That was sort-of intended when the wiki was restarted but even before the shutdown, this was pretty lacking.
It would have constantly improved if the wiki hadn't have shut down.

I would certainly believe you that you would have tried to be active and contribute a lot, but you would indeed find that it's not the most pleasant way to spend your free time. It's much laborious work with little reward.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
marioman2007
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 am
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby marioman2007 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 am

At which age users have access to the wiki ? .... It shows me permission error.
Just learning Lua and Importing Graphics

The Super Cool Pack:
Image
Join the discord server, if you want to help in importing graphics or just for fun!
https://discord.gg/78w3gGAptB

I support:
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4630
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby Electriking » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:10 am

marioman2007 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 am
At which age users have access to the wiki ? .... It shows me permission error.
No age. The permission error is caused by the wiki being down.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

User avatar
marioman2007
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 am
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The SMBX Wiki

Postby marioman2007 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:08 am

okay, thank you.
Just learning Lua and Importing Graphics

The Super Cool Pack:
Image
Join the discord server, if you want to help in importing graphics or just for fun!
https://discord.gg/78w3gGAptB

I support:
Image
Image


Return to “Site Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest