So as it says above, I'm officially announcing, in conjunction with SuperMarioBrosX.org, the release of SMBX v2.0.
This new version will come with a plethora of major changes. For example:
- LunaLua Included
- PNG file support for sprite replacements! (no more image masks!)
- Warp Limit Increased to 2000
- Support for over 30-40 media types besides mp3!
- Per-episode and per-level sound override support
- Improved (PGE) Editor Built-in
- Brand new Launcher!
- Easy button for Save Deletion
- New Intro Level with Jukebox-style Music Randomisation!
- SMBX version checking built-in
- Episode version checking built-in
- Fixed Mushroom-Lava Bug
- OpenGL Rendering Engine (substantially improved performance + video recording hooking support)
- Framerate Stabilisation
- More other bonuses than we can count
- Starman Support
- Save/load states
- Multiple midpoint Support
- SMB3-style Inventory Support
- SMB3-style Card Support
- SMB3 Overhaul Support (for a full SMB3 experience)
SMBX 2.0 WILL INCLUDE 8 ALL-NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
These are not mere resprites or just characters with custom hitboxes. They have entirely custom mechanics and all are even more distinct than Link.
- Rosalina (by Horikawa) (Alternate Video)
- Ninja Bomberman (by Horikawa) (Alternate Video)
- Wario (by Horikawa) (Alternate Video)
- Bowser (by Horikawa) (Alternate Video)
- Snake (by Hoeloe) (Alternate Video)
- Zelda (by Horikawa) (Alternate Video)
- Mega Man (by Horikawa)
- Samus (by Rednaxela and Horikawa) (Alternate Video)
Once raocow has revealed everything in the game I will release a public beta so you guys can play around with it yourself!! Stay Tuned!
(Oh and also take a look at my channel for more stuff. Subscribe here!)