call of duty black-ops advanced ghosts warfare zombies 79 confirmed (Nintendo 64 release) (only 60$) (rated E)

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

call of duty black-ops advanced ghosts warfare zombies 79 confirmed (Nintendo 64 release) (only 60$) (rated E)

Postby silent_ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:27 pm

discuss the call of duty series

do u play it? do u like it? how bad do u hate its fanbase? do u approve of kids playing cod? what was the last good game in the series (if you think any cod game was ever good in the first place)? what do u think of their prices? what other shooter games are better than cod games in your opinion? or do you not like shooter games at all?
previously known as Kep

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Re: call of duty black-ops advanced ghosts warfare zombies 79 confirmed (Nintendo 64 release) (only 60$) (rated E)

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:53 pm

As far as I can tell they're all the exact same game, just with different textures and maps (someone please prove me wrong). Aside from that, I'm not a giant fan of shooter games, so I don't play it very often.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Re: call of duty black-ops advanced ghosts warfare zombies 79 confirmed (Nintendo 64 release) (only 60$) (rated E)

Postby Uzendayo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Mulitplayer is perty kewl, but there are a lot of tryhards that play the game... So I usually avoid it.
Spoiler: show
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:24 pm

do you have downs

the only wrong thing with cod is the playerbase, which at this point is no different from the tf2 playerbase (sadly)

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:34 pm

HenryRichard wrote:As far as I can tell they're all the exact same game, just with different textures and maps (someone please prove me wrong).
And better graphics with each subsequent game. Yep, COD is pretty overrated.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:23 pm

MightyMerlinStyle wrote: Yep, COD is pretty overrated.
Excuse me, but literally every fanbase overrates their games.

People should stop blaming the game itself and rather blame those who make the game look bad.

Also nice try being funny there Kep.

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: figuring out where pee is stored
Chat Username: phony calls

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I hate the CoD fanbase with an intense passion. They act like every game in the series is a masterpiece, when in reality, they could've all been DLC for the first CoD.

Also, they tend to hate on anything that isn't CoD. I know from years of experience being a Nintendo gamer in a school of CoD-playing kids.

And while I'm there, more kids play CoD than Nintendo, and more adults play Nintendo than CoD.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Accounts
YouTube
Wattpad
Twitch
DeviantART
SMW Central (I'm not really active on this one)
AKA BombOS/ShyGuyOfMoonside/ShyGuyXP/ShyGuy37

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:29 pm

ShyGuyOfMoonside wrote:They act like every game in the series is a masterpiece, when in reality, they could've all been DLC for the first CoD.
replace CoD with Pokemon and you have the exact same situation.

also of course if they like the game they're going to think every game in the series is a masterpiece. the exception i can think of regarding a series i really like is megaman x (x6 and x7 were dogshit)
Also, they tend to hate on anything that isn't CoD. I know from years of experience being a Nintendo gamer in a school of CoD-playing kids.
Kids irrationally hating things??? Woah!
And while I'm there, more kids play CoD than Nintendo, and more adults play Nintendo than CoD.
More adults play dota than kids, and more kids play minecraft than adults. That doesn't make either fanbase less toxic than the other.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing the amount of stereotyping and generalizing in this thread.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Is that the game where you get cards and fight enemies?

I'm not very into that stuff.

Also I heard that women get stabbed sometimes in Call of Duty and this makes me more uncomfortable than when men get stabbed.

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS it does weird me out a bit that people are way into first person shooters in general. Like, the first time I ever played a first person shooter was some DOS game, sure, but the biggest part of my difficulty in seeing the appeal was to with how it feels like you're playing a game with horse blinders on. I will probably never get into shooters until VR with peripheral view hits the scene, and even then I doubt I'd ever get into multiplayer. People are too damn good, and also incredibly hot-headed and competitive in that scene and that's just not really fun to me.
But Call of Duty? Yeah, I mean, they improve the graphics, and every game has a different campaign, right? It's easy to dismiss as like "this could be DLC" if you're just looking at the gameplay/multiplayer aspect but some people I know really get into the stories and cinematic elements of those games. They can really afford to go all out with those because the budget is justified by being one of the most popular franchises ever.

I'm also hearing the same stuff about CoD fans in this thread that's been said about Zelda/Mario fans. It's one of those "people on the outside looking in" things. They don't see the nuance in the fans who appreciate the franchise as a whole, and realize there are people who like some games more than others. It's obviously not that simple with a fanbase that large.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:30 am

In my experience, first person shooters are fun for maybe 45 minutes, and then they start feeling really repetitive. But that's just me, honestly. I've got no problem with the game or the players, though I do think that the frequency of the releases is a little ridiculous. But if that's what you're into, you do you, ya know? I've just never really been able to get into it.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:49 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing the amount of stereotyping and generalizing in this thread.
Don't you dare questioning the logic in this thread. Kep is our lord and savior!!!111!!1!

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:08 am

No, what I'm saying is that so many Nintendo fans generalize the hell out of the CoD community thinking that they hate everything that isn't CoD, and that they think that Nintendo is for children. This is mostly just the 12 year olds who make the community look bad and think that they're tough for playing a rated M game.

Plenty of people who play CoD love Nintendo, including me. Just look at how many people have emblems related to Nintendo.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:07 pm

cod is pretty fun, although i've never owned a game, i've played a bunch of matches with my cousins. there's nothing particularly wrong about the games themselves honestly.

there's also several modes in the game, so each new game /probably/ has different content in said modes than the others.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:41 pm

Each new CoD usually implements a few new game modes. For example, BO3 has a new mode called Safeguard.

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Honestly, I feel the best one was MW3. Good multiplayer, decent story, noice ending... fun maps... choo choo train stations...
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Yoshibrothers » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:06 am

I'm not a personal fan of the CoD multiplayer scene, but I've played some of the campaigns (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Ghosts), and most of the time they were solid enough to keep me playing. While I feel like every game is a slight rehash of the games before them, Activision has been trying to differentiate them lately with new mechanics, though some are better than others.
I've returned.

Nightmayor
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: SMBx Omega

Postby Nightmayor » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Show me statistics that say more kids play CoD and more adults play Nintendo and then we can talk.
When I'm not playing SMBx I'll probably be on steam either playing some Terraria, TF2, L4D2 or Civ 4.
If you want to get a game in don't be afraid to just ask. I also play on my Wii U frequently and my NNID
is SirNightmayor if you want to contact me that way.

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
There is a difference between overhyping and overating Sari.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Superiorstar wrote:
Tinkerbell wrote:
There is a difference between overhyping and overating Sari.
what

Return to “Video Games”