Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Troopa Koopa321
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am
Flair: egg
Current Project: Mario,luigi and the missing shell.
Chat Username: Troopa koopa 321

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Troopa Koopa321 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:30 am
Image
I'm back, what do you think of the new level I'm working on? (its for plague of valerius of course)
How do you take large screenshots like that?

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Troopa Koopa321 wrote:How do you take large screenshots like that?

PGE allows you to screenshot a whole section or even arbitrary parts of it (F12 button).

"File --> Export section to image" creates a file in the screenshot folder.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Troopa Koopa321
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am
Flair: egg
Current Project: Mario,luigi and the missing shell.
Chat Username: Troopa koopa 321

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Troopa Koopa321 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm
Troopa Koopa321 wrote:How do you take large screenshots like that?

PGE allows you to screenshot a whole section or even arbitrary parts of it (F12 button).

"File --> Export section to image" creates a file in the screenshot folder.
I’m using maglx3 and for some reason I can only screenshot when I’m testing the level, second How do you take a picture of the entire section? I always get a normal sized screenshot all the time.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Upgrade to PAL already. I have no idea why you got a completely wrong editor version within MaGLX3.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Troopa Koopa321
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am
Flair: egg
Current Project: Mario,luigi and the missing shell.
Chat Username: Troopa koopa 321

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Troopa Koopa321 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:32 pm
Upgrade to PAL already. I have no idea why you got a completely wrong editor version within MaGLX3.
I am using the PAL version. This is the version of smbx I downloaded
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=23741

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:52 am

I mistook you with Glixcor (lol) but nevertheless you priorly stated to use MaGLX3, so are you able to take section screenshots accordingly as of now?
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Troopa Koopa321
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am
Flair: egg
Current Project: Mario,luigi and the missing shell.
Chat Username: Troopa koopa 321

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Troopa Koopa321 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:52 am
I mistook you with Glixcor (lol) but nevertheless you priorly stated to use MaGLX3, so are you able to take section screenshots accordingly as of now?
Nope. I’m still unable to take larger screenshots. Is there something I have to set up? Any keyboard combinations I have to do?

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Cedur » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 am

well I'm gonna demonstrate you the basic method of screenshotting a whole section

Step 1
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 2
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 3
Spoiler: show
Image

then it's in your screenshots folder and you can upload it to any hosting site and post it here as normal
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Troopa Koopa321
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am
Flair: egg
Current Project: Mario,luigi and the missing shell.
Chat Username: Troopa koopa 321

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Troopa Koopa321 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 am
well I'm gonna demonstrate you the basic method of screenshotting a whole section

Step 1
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 2
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 3
Spoiler: show
Image

then it's in your screenshots folder and you can upload it to any hosting site and post it here as normal
Ok thanks. Finally somebody actually told me how to
Do it. Everybody kept telling me to hit F11/12 smh.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7479
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Enjl » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 am

Troopa Koopa321 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 am
well I'm gonna demonstrate you the basic method of screenshotting a whole section

Step 1
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 2
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 3
Spoiler: show
Image

then it's in your screenshots folder and you can upload it to any hosting site and post it here as normal
Ok thanks. Finally somebody actually told me how to
Do it. Everybody kept telling me to hit F11/12 smh.
I mean... Have you TRIED hitting F12 in the editor? It displays a yellow grid and adds cancel/apply buttons to the section settings dialog, as explained in this post:
Cedur wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm
Troopa Koopa321 wrote:How do you take large screenshots like that?

PGE allows you to screenshot a whole section or even arbitrary parts of it (F12 button).

"File --> Export section to image" creates a file in the screenshot folder.
I dont see a post mentioning F11
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 am

I thought I already submitted a post saying basically the same but I forget to hit submit lel

so here's the full screen I used for the demo showcase

Image
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Troopa Koopa321
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am
Flair: egg
Current Project: Mario,luigi and the missing shell.
Chat Username: Troopa koopa 321

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Troopa Koopa321 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 am
Troopa Koopa321 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 am
well I'm gonna demonstrate you the basic method of screenshotting a whole section

Step 1
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 2
Spoiler: show
Image
Step 3
Spoiler: show
Image

then it's in your screenshots folder and you can upload it to any hosting site and post it here as normal
Ok thanks. Finally somebody actually told me how to
Do it. Everybody kept telling me to hit F11/12 smh.
I mean... Have you TRIED hitting F12 in the editor? It displays a yellow grid and adds cancel/apply buttons to the section settings dialog, as explained in this post:
Cedur wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm
Troopa Koopa321 wrote:How do you take large screenshots like that?

PGE allows you to screenshot a whole section or even arbitrary parts of it (F12 button).

"File --> Export section to image" creates a file in the screenshot folder.
I dont see a post mentioning F11
I tried doing it and it did absolutely nothing. However the problem has been solved. I can just export a larger screenshot.

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4966
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:44 am

Troopa Koopa321 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 am
I tried doing it and it did absolutely nothing. However the problem has been solved. I can just export a larger screenshot.
have you tried pressing fn + f12? some computers are quirky with function keys.
im bored

User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby PROX » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Usually the Fn key is a laptop thing. If you're using a laptop, then you're probably going to need to use Fn before hitting F12.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

User avatar
mariosonicgamer55677
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
Flair: bruh moment
Current Project: Super Mario And The 10 Golden Elements
Chat Username: Dededegenerate
Contact:

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby mariosonicgamer55677 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 am

Which background should I use for this level? Its supposed to be prehistoric/volcanic themed and I figured both of these backgrounds work well.
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:54 am

I slightly prefer the second one, judging from the screens alone. But it depends on the rest of the level (how much progress is there in total?)
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
mariosonicgamer55677
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
Flair: bruh moment
Current Project: Super Mario And The 10 Golden Elements
Chat Username: Dededegenerate
Contact:

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby mariosonicgamer55677 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:54 am
I slightly prefer the second one, judging from the screens alone. But it depends on the rest of the level (how much progress is there in total?)
Its an average length level. about 2-3 minutes of gameplay. Not much progress left.

User avatar
mariosonicgamer55677
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
Flair: bruh moment
Current Project: Super Mario And The 10 Golden Elements
Chat Username: Dededegenerate
Contact:

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby mariosonicgamer55677 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Boss fight GIFs.

A not so typical smb3 hammer bros fight.
Image
Lemmy boss fight
Image


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests

cron