Things you don't get!

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! :D
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: Things you don't get!

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:41 pm

I don't get why people are saying the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars are better than Episodes VII, & VIII...*

*Source from Twitter

Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/12 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Complete Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Deathless, and NO LIFE SHROOMS!
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of money till i get a new Windows 10 Laptop: $565.00
My Sprite Art
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in 93! 8-)
Stuff I 100% Support: show

Electriking
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:41 pm
I don't get why people are saying the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars are better than Episodes VII, & VIII...*

*Source from Twitter
Opinions
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 pm
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:41 pm

*Source from Twitter
Opinions
From what I know, I guess they are biaised and remember how ''GREAT'' old star wars were and are anuable to see anything good in the new movies, only focusing on bad points.
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

Pop Yoshi Bros
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't get why people say the recoloured Mario from 38A is horrible, I think it's cool (and also that it's like saying MarioRpgExpert's sega genesis recolours are awful cuz his Mario recolour has a similar palette to 38A Mario recolour)

My project:

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:37 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 pm
I don't get why people say the recoloured Mario from 38A is horrible, I think it's cool (and also that it's like saying MarioRpgExpert's sega genesis recolours are awful cuz his Mario recolour has a similar palette to 38A Mario recolour)
Yeah, and by the way, my Sega Genesis Mario sprites are re-designs, not recolors.... But good point.

• 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
My Sprite Art

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:49 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 pm
Contrast and brightness, mostly.
1 - SMB3 Mario
2 - 38A Mario
3 - 38A Mario without outline
4 - 38A Mario, adjusted to brightest color
5 - 38A Mario adjusted to bright, with outline
6 - 38A Mario, adjusted to darkest color
7 - 38A Mario, adjusted to dark, with outline
8 - 2, but with less colours

The brightness difference between the outline and Mario in 2 is really harsh, making it look like he's constantly put under some kind of bloom effect. The large contrasts and numbers of shades on certain colours contribute to this effect. Of course, SMW had bright colours and black outlines, too. But in SMW you would rarely see more than two shades of a colour, and the colours form larger clusters of pixels in general. I've tried to replicate that effect in 8, and I think it's already less of a problem, but we can do better.

Since the aim is to stay semi-realistic like with 1 but to update the colours to modern ones, I've started trying to single out where adjustments need to be made. By taking out the outline in 3 and replacing it with what the next darker shade of any given colour might be, I was able to see which colours have the largest brightness difference between each other. From there I went into two directions:

4 and 5 show what adjusting the brightness might look like if you levelled for the brighter colours. 4 keeps the outlineless style, but in 5 I added it back in. 5 is, I think, what might work best for this sprite in particular. However it disobeys some "recolour" rules since I got rid of garbage pixels off to the sides and took out some outlines within the sprite to make contrasts with the sprite itself less harsh.

6 and 7 adjust brightness to how bright the shoes in 2 are. This one's brightness is more similar to 1's, and kind of reminds me of SMB1 and SMB2 colours and shading. 7 adds the outline back in just like 5 did, and also gets rid of some black within the sprite again. I think this one looks good as well, but it might be too dark for some people.

I think the biggest issue really comes with the large amount of black within 2, since it constantly forces the sprite to contrast with itself. The shading wants to be bright, but the outline is preventing it from being that.
Aside from that issue, there are some pretty useless colour duplications in 2. The pixel on the hat is a different white to the gloves and the eye, and for some reason the hair gets 3 dedicated colours that aren't on any other part of the sprite. It's a bit wasteful on a technical level and makes recolouring the sprite harder than it needs to be.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:44 am

Here's a little something I don't get about the Capcom Multiverse:

Why is Cody now the mayor of Metro City during Street Fighter V, after being in jail during Street Fighter Alpha/Zero Trilogy & Street Fighter IV? o_0

• 100% Paper Mario 64
My Sprite Art

Pop Yoshi Bros
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:05 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:44 am

Why is Cody now the mayor of Metro City during Street Fighter V, after being in jail during Street Fighter Alpha/Zero Trilogy & Street Fighter IV? o_0
What wiki says: Mike Haggar exonerates Cody of his crimes, which leads to him being the new mayor of Metro City. Now no longer a prisoner, he finds the job tedious and boring, but he secretly finds an opportunity in his new position as mayor to finally clean Metro City of its criminal activities in person, just like how his immediate predecessor and himself did way back

In other words, thanks to Mike Cody's name was cleaned and eventually was elected as Metro City mayor

My project:

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:05 pm
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:44 am

What wiki says: Mike Haggar exonerates Cody of his crimes, which leads to him being the new mayor of Metro City. Now no longer a prisoner, he finds the job tedious and boring, but he secretly finds an opportunity in his new position as mayor to finally clean Metro City of its criminal activities in person, just like how his immediate predecessor and himself did way back

In other words, thanks to Mike Cody's name was cleaned and eventually was elected as Metro City mayor
Oh, that explains everything! :D

• 100% Paper Mario 64
My Sprite Art

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure (Now part of the Novaverse!)
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm

I don't get why the Nintendo Switch is regularly advertised on children's TV adverts, and competitions that some programs on those channels do. The Switch is meant to be for everyone, but it seems as if Nintendo want to make their product look childish by pretty much only advertising it on TV via children's channels. Surely they would realise that this can lead to a loss in sales as it may make the older audience less likely to purchase (especially if they have no children).
You never see Microsoft and Sony advertising their products on children's TV, it's like an insult to the dedicated Nintendo fans who aren't kids.
Yes, i understand that Nintendo's products have always been aimed at kids primarily, but for a console meant for everyone they sure do like to make it seem childish.

On the subject of the Nintendo Switch, let's take a look at the slogan; "Anytime, Anywhere, with Anyone". Firstly, "anytime". Can you play the Switch when you're asleep? No. What about when you are in a rush to get somewhere? You won't have time. Secondly, "anywhere". Can you play the Switch inside a Volcano? Ofcourse not, it will melt and so will you. What about a more safe environment, a school Classroom? Detention. Thirdly, "anyone". The first person to play the Switch with Donald Trump gets a million bucks.
False Advertising, Nintendo. False Advertising.
Sorta off topic but you can't play Fortnite outside because there is no internet outside. But the trailer for it literally says you can play it "anywhere". What??
But other than that, the Switch is pretty decent. A step in the right direction for Nintendo. Now come on, lets beat Microsoft and Sony at their own game!
Also sorry if this post sounds bad but someone had to say these things. Not targeting anyone but Nintendo's recent advertising is just odd.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Electriking
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm
I don't get why the Nintendo Switch is regularly advertised on children's TV adverts, and competitions that some programs on those channels do. The Switch is meant to be for everyone, but it seems as if Nintendo want to make their product look childish by pretty much only advertising it on TV via children's channels. Surely they would realise that this can lead to a loss in sales as it may make the older audience less likely to purchase (especially if they have no children).
You never see Microsoft and Sony advertising their products on children's TV, it's like an insult to the dedicated Nintendo fans who aren't kids.
Yes, i understand that Nintendo's products have always been aimed at kids primarily, but for a console meant for everyone they sure do like to make it seem childish.

On the subject of the Nintendo Switch, let's take a look at the slogan; "Anytime, Anywhere, with Anyone". Firstly, "anytime". Can you play the Switch when you're asleep? No. What about when you are in a rush to get somewhere? You won't have time. Secondly, "anywhere". Can you play the Switch inside a Volcano? Ofcourse not, it will melt and so will you. What about a more safe environment, a school Classroom? Detention. Thirdly, "anyone". The first person to play the Switch with Donald Trump gets a million bucks.
False Advertising, Nintendo. False Advertising.
Sorta off topic but you can't play Fortnite outside because there is no internet outside. But the trailer for it literally says you can play it "anywhere". What??
But other than that, the Switch is pretty decent. A step in the right direction for Nintendo. Now come on, lets beat Microsoft and Sony at their own game!
Also sorry if this post sounds bad but someone had to say these things. Not targeting anyone but Nintendo's recent advertising is just odd.
Not sure if where Nintendo advertises is their choice. Also it may be worth considering that there are a lot of people older than children (especially teens/young adults) that don't watch as much TV and will instead use sites like YouTube, where you will often see lots of ads for Switch products. And your second point is very over analytical.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:13 pm

I don't get why people complain about smash Bros ultimate because Waluigi is an assist trophy.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is coming!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Timocom the Rosalina Lunatic.
Now, before you jump to conclusions, i just got appealed, so i'm ready to become different.
https://discord.gg/aqSFxW6
The True Goddess is the Goddess that's taller than the Goddess of light.

GforGoomba
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:21 pm

How his website works just fine on my phone but crashes on my tablet.
Why does the letter c exist? Its not like it has any use anyway.

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:13 pm
I don't get why people complain about smash Bros ultimate because Waluigi is an assist trophy.
Maybe because most of the people who complain are part of the Waluigi fandom.

• 100% Paper Mario 64
My Sprite Art

Snowy_Desert
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Soon... Probably..?
Chat Username: This is a mystery.

Postby Snowy_Desert » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Becauese, Waluigi is God.
Signatures are boring, they doesn't do anything.

GforGoomba
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Snowy_Desert wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 pm
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Luigi is obviously god.
Why does the letter c exist? Its not like it has any use anyway.

Snowy_Desert
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Soon... Probably..?
Chat Username: This is a mystery.

Postby Snowy_Desert » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:37 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 pm
Snowy_Desert wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 pm
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Luigi is obviously god.
Oh.
Signatures are boring, they doesn't do anything.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure (Now part of the Novaverse!)
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 am

I don't get why people messaging in the Youtube comments section feel the need to write out the name of the user that they are responding to. They don't mention the user (like with discord pings) and it isn't some sort of tag, do people actually get notified of this happening? How does it work?
On this subject, i also often find myself looking in comments of videos and see that people mention the name of a user but i cannot seem to find the user with said name anywhere?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:42 am

Here's something i truly don't get:

I was on Google images while i was looking up images of Cartoonists that made my childhood for a Twitter tweet, and Google recommend images for the death of the creator of "Ed Edd 'n Eddy". Dafaq?

• 100% Paper Mario 64
My Sprite Art

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: totally not rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 am
I don't get why people messaging in the Youtube comments section feel the need to write out the name of the user that they are responding to. They don't mention the user (like with discord pings) and it isn't some sort of tag, do people actually get notified of this happening? How does it work?
On this subject, i also often find myself looking in comments of videos and see that people mention the name of a user but i cannot seem to find the user with said name anywhere?
the name appears automatically when you click the reply button. I'm pretty sure it notifies the user, too.
im bored

Return to “Sandbox”