Your Journey Awaits

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: The Gloaming Realm
Chat Username: Chaperone

Re: Your Journey Awaits

Postby Daring Tombstone » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 pm

New update as of today that features fixes from Cedur's list. Check the change log on the first post for the list of tweaks. Next update will most likely be for 2.0 users that features multipoints (hopefully). I can't say when exactly this will happen though as a hurricane will pass through our area shortly so I won't be able to work on it this week.
Accurate representation of me after seeing the new SMBX version right after posting my new episode.
My current episode
Spoiler: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:37 am

Basically I'm waiting for the mutipoints version for the next replay, I'm excited to see how you're using them

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Multipoint 2.0 update up. If anything doesn't work properly (though it should I tested but never know) then let me know. Also fixed an issue where in the level "The Dark World" a layer was hidden. Probably me being an idiot. Sorry to those who were confused of why there was a missing platform.

The beginning of "Cloud Factory" is sped up by 50% as well. The masking of rainbows can be seen through much clearer than before in the 2.0 version
"Nostalgic Companion" is now without sunlight. I had an issue with the way masking works in 2.0 for this level so just removed the sunlight in this level entirely for 2.0. However I fixed all the weird darker foreground blocks scattered around the level.
The sunlight in "Sunlit Cavern" is masked better and the player can now see through it much clearer.

Other than these small changes nothing else worth mentioning.
Accurate representation of me after seeing the new SMBX version right after posting my new episode.
My current episode

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 am

Will replay this asap. I think it deserves to be featured by now (for november or december).

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Mario Mania
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: Mario Mania

Postby Mario Mania » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Im play this 5 minutes of gameplay
good episode im have fun
Im believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature
My Project:Super Mario Bros Time travel
Im support
Sorry for my bad english im speak polish spainly

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:10 pm

I found a way of fixing some of the issues caused by the sunlight in nostalgic companion. Converting GFXs to PNG reduces the saturation of the sunlight. Putting single FGO darkness blocks in the empty spaces in the rectangle occupied by the light and ensuring none of the 3X3 FGOs intersect with the other darkness FGOs prevents squares from occuring.
Screenshot of the fix below:
I don't know how to get the level to look like it does n the screenshots though.
Join my Discord server
Nothing worth seeing here for now.
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:52 am

It probably looks like I forgot to point this out, but
this jump in Sky Factory seems near-impossible to me, even with Luigi (when moving towards the left I loose too much momentum for the boost or otherwise I'm stuck at the ceiling)

[ads]

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Also I have to get back to you about the checkpoint in The Game Changer. It sadly doesn't work as intended. The event "start movement and spawn vines" upon "fireball is in sight of player" is not triggered. Which is probably because the fireball is instantly in sight. I can see it, nothing happens, I'm softlocked.

[ads]

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Yeah I should have known that checkpoint wouldn't have worked there. To be honest I thought I removed all the checkpoints since I was having a problem with the auto moving wall instantly killing the player when spawning at a checkpoint. There's isn't even lua coding for this, it's just an old attempt of a multipoint that I forgot to remove (since it was at the bottom of the map I can see how I missed removing it). That will be removed. When I was editing this level I was sure that I didn't save the failed results of multipoints but seems like I ctrl+s'd it without realizing it.

The Sky Factory cloud platforms will be extended to be easier to land on. Also a problem in the new level "Crystalline Quarry" where a thwomp you needed can be killed by a turtle shell will be fixed. There were meant to platforms that would appear to prevent the player from getting stuck at the bottom in the case the thwomp died but I forgot to place them on the layer.

I attempted to fix the Nostalgic Companion sunlight but for me the sunlight came out like it did in one of the first updates, hard to see through. I was obviously doing it wrong, but I want to get those above fixes out soon as possible so I'm going ahead with the update for it without a sunlight fix atm.

If you plan on downloading the 2.0 version please wait a few minutes for these few fixes to upload.

The 2.0 download link features the Sky Factory, Crystalline Quarry, and Game Changer fixes. The 1.3 version features the Sky Factory and Crystalline Quarry fixes (since 1.3 doesn't have multipoints there was nothing to fix).
My current episode

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Also while you're at it, the first multipoint in Under Construction is also flawed, you'll have to backtrack and kill all goombas again. I'd say remove the "kill all goombas" thing as it doesn't really matter.

[ads]

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I didn't think of that. I can have it where if you spawn at the multipoint the bombomb will assume they're dead so you won't have to go back. It'll be updated very shortly.

Edit: Current download for 2.0 has this fix.
My current episode

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:53 am

You misplaced the start position in the final level.

(and out of curiosity, what happens if you exceed the time limit?)

[ads]

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:31 am

It is in the wrong spot. What's wrong with me. I guess it doesn't skip much but I'll have it fixed.

When the timer expires the screen turns black, a message shows stating you lose, and you die. Basically just a smw timer but just for that fight without the use of lua.

Edit: Fixed.
My current episode

Benjamin88
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: Benjamin

Postby Benjamin88 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 pm

how do i get the secret exit in verlxtra coastline

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:47 am

Cedur wrote:World 5-4 (Velxtra Coastline): How do you get the secret exit? Are you sure you didn't forget to place a warp?

this is still not fixed indeed.

Place a warp yourself in the editor and carry on.

[ads]

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:14 pm

I swear that exit was fixed. I just went through it in smbx 2.0 and got to the secret exit just fine with no problems. I've been busy with another episode so I haven't paid much attention to this one, but if I need to I'll try to fix it. What exactly is the problem?

If you don't know the warp is located a little bit after the checkpoint underneath the black sand that's rising and lowering. The last moving sands platform you can swim underneath when it's raised all the way which has a pipe attached to it on the far left. You can go in the pipe when it's all the way up (or you're supposed to). Go through the cave and you'll door warp to the cranny where the keyhole is. In the cranny is an inviso block you can hit for the key (obvious better way of getting the key but that's how it is as of right now).
My current episode

joelcanciones
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby joelcanciones » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi: please can anyone tell me which levels have a star and how to get them? I know there are 10 in total since SMBX2 tells me tha tat the intro screen, but I don't where they are nd how to get them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 am

There's roughly about one star in every world, though after World 2 you'll only have one. Generally you just have to get all the secret levels and beat the "elemen of ..." levels (but stars aren't mandatory; The Element of Agility is especially infamous)

[ads]

joelcanciones
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby joelcanciones » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Can someone tell me please how to do the secret exit in Velxtra coastline from world 5? I could get to the keyhole but I got trapped because I didn't have a key to exit the level. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:18 am

This was literally talked about in the recent posts. Daring Tombstone explained in full detail how to get it.

well even though it works the secret exit seems really hard

[ads]

Return to “Episodes”