Vulgar Mario... Yep it's a real thing now.

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Vulgar Mario... Yep it's a real thing now.

Postby Ryuji231 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm probably going to get in alot of trouble for this so I'm gonna assure you that this has warnings on it... And that I did with with humor and not in anyways to try and offend people.

ALOT of the way the talking is in here is inspired by a youtuber by the name of DashieXP so... Yeah. But for those who are offended. I want to apologize right now.

Vulgar Mario... Here's the simple meaning behind this level: Ever wonder what would happen if Nintendo decided to loosen up with their 30+ years of extreme censorship? That's what Vulgar Mario is all about! All the fun filled language and explicit content you won't ever see in a video game ported to a Nintendo product [with the exception of nudity cause there ain't any found and even if there was. I still ain't figured out how to customize sprites yet!]

There's one new thing I decided to use with this level that I never did with my previous levels. And that's I actually tested the water level stylistics for once.

And I also made the overall gameplay a tad bit challenging. 2 bosses,. It's a pretty short level. All the talking npc's contain pretty vulgar language [thus the title of the game]. But that's the only thing that's listed NSFW.

Here's a few screenshots
Spoiler: show
Bare with me. It was my first attempt at doing buildings.

I'm not showing you everything. I also made it pretty friendly and even added a CostCo into the mix which will be one of the 2 places where you'll be able to get all the powerup's and helpful items/the ONLY place in the level you can acquire a Yoshi.

You can also switch between Mario and Luigi twice in this game. I might go back and redo a few things in the future but for now it's as finished as can be. I spent 2 weeks making this level spending 2 hours at a time on the sections to try to make it as challenging as well as fun as I can make it. And like I said. the Vulgar concept was all in good humor. I do think we're all pretty darn mature enough to handle stuff like this and well.. A good laugh is never a bad thing.

Download: And as always if you want to add it to a compilation episode feel free [you even have permission to edit the dialogue.]. Let me know what ya think in the comments below.

Have a good one and Merry Christmas.

If this is a good turnout... I might finally make an attempt to do a full episode... Or see if anybody else wants to do the hard work while I just do the writing and concepts. XP
Last edited by Ryuji231 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support:

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: Vulgar Mario... Yep it's a real thing now.

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am

I'm okay with this Mature-theme custom level. I should know, I'm over 18

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Ryuji231 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

What did ya think of the gameplay of the level overall tho? I really took my time this time around instead of just rushing stuff.
I support:

ADMAndrew
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Peach's Heartache (BETA1-WIP) and SMBX 64 Edition(DEMO3-WIP)
Chat Username: ADMClef

Postby ADMAndrew » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Part 2? :|
I'm working on a wiki to translate SCP info into Spanish, someone would like to help me :roll: Click Me

My actual projects :D :
Peach's Heartache - (WIP-BETA1)
Mario 64 (SMBX Edition) - WIP-DEMO3

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Ryuji231 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am

ADMAndrew wrote:Part 2? :|
Highly unlikely I'll do a sequel... Unless there's a popular demand for it which I doubt.
I support:

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria

Postby Shadow_Flame » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi there, Ryuji231. I downloaded your level and this is what I think after playing it:

- It's definitely (hmmm) an interesting concept for such a level. Some of the dialogue with friendly NPCs was hilarious, although it felt a bit "too vulgar" at the end :oops:
- The idea of starting inside a dodgy block of flats and seeing other "city departments" is clever. However, a few of the sections later on felt quite flat in terms of terrain.
- There was a cut-off at the end of the fourth section where the green pipe is.
- Speaking of the fourth section, it had many Lakitus, rainbow shells and Hammer Bros and it's a whole miracle that I somehow survived there on my very first try even with a power-up and Yoshi LOL
- It felt a bit weird being able to swim in the air surrounded by lava in one of the sections.
- Why was I able to see the Princess in that penultimate room before defeating Bowser? Wouldn't it make more sense if she appears after he is defeated (as well as that door next to her)? Otherwise, it feels like you can pretty much skip the fight with him.
- The music felt suitable at the beginning, making it feel action-packed and adventurous. I'm a bit dubious about the "music" choice at the end, I guess it fits in with the level name :roll:

Overall, the concept is interesting for sure and I like how much time you've spent writing the text for each friendly NPC and thus giving them more of a character. I also like how the atmosphere keeps building up suspense before your final confrontation. It might be a good idea to reduce the number of enemies in some sections (particularly Hammer Bros and Lakitus). Based on my review, I would give this level a 5.5/10.

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Ryuji231 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Shadow_Flame wrote:Hi there, Ryuji231. I downloaded your level and this is what I think after playing it:

- It's definitely (hmmm) an interesting concept for such a level. Some of the dialogue with friendly NPCs was hilarious, although it felt a bit "too vulgar" at the end :oops:
- The idea of starting inside a dodgy block of flats and seeing other "city departments" is clever. However, a few of the sections later on felt quite flat in terms of terrain.
- There was a cut-off at the end of the fourth section where the green pipe is.
- Speaking of the fourth section, it had many Lakitus, rainbow shells and Hammer Bros and it's a whole miracle that I somehow survived there on my very first try even with a power-up and Yoshi LOL
- It felt a bit weird being able to swim in the air surrounded by lava in one of the sections.
- Why was I able to see the Princess in that penultimate room before defeating Bowser? Wouldn't it make more sense if she appears after he is defeated (as well as that door next to her)? Otherwise, it feels like you can pretty much skip the fight with him.
- The music felt suitable at the beginning, making it feel action-packed and adventurous. I'm a bit dubious about the "music" choice at the end, I guess it fits in with the level name :roll:

Overall, the concept is interesting for sure and I like how much time you've spent writing the text for each friendly NPC and thus giving them more of a character. I also like how the atmosphere keeps building up suspense before your final confrontation. It might be a good idea to reduce the number of enemies in some sections (particularly Hammer Bros and Lakitus). Based on my review, I would give this level a 5.5/10.
Thank you very much for reviewing. I'm glad you also notice that I didn't exactly rush the level and took my time with it.

I'm gonna probably do a few more levels in 2018 before making an attempt at an whole episode which fear not... Will have less to possibly ZERO vulgarity in it but will keep with the challenges. I will take alot of what you said into consideration for my future level. All in all I'm glad you at least seemed to enjoy it.
I support:

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria

Postby Shadow_Flame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:00 am

Thank you very much for reviewing. I'm glad you also notice that I didn't exactly rush the level and took my time with it.

I'm gonna probably do a few more levels in 2018 before making an attempt at an whole episode which fear not... Will have less to possibly ZERO vulgarity in it but will keep with the challenges. I will take alot of what you said into consideration for my future level. All in all I'm glad you at least seemed to enjoy it.
You're welcome :) I wish you the best of luck with your future SMBX projects!

Mr General Guy
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Many stuff

Postby Mr General Guy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Just played the level. Holy shit, that was hilarious.

Could I use part of the second area (y'know, the one where you can enter the Costco and get the items) as part of the hub area in one of my episodes?

Super Luigi Bros
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: SMBX: The Next Levels
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:46 pm

You got issues, man. Many, many issues. This is kind of offensive too, but since I have been getting into level reviewing, I gotta review this.

Gameplay: Okay, this level is SOOOOOO SLOPPY! There are just random thrown together blocks and other junk that doesn't fit. There are several clashes, but let's just move on. The dialogue is indeed 18+ but I bet most people aren't going to listen to that, but believe me, if I could have gone back and not played this level, I would have. The level also doesn't make any sense, like, at all. There is water in some lava filled castle, that you can't even SEE, and there are grass background objects in lava, which tricked me the first time, and the subareas just have random enemies thrown all over the place. When you finally reach bowsers castle, there is a line of people waiting to... Uh, let's keep this review PG, okay? They are doing adult business, and then you run to the end of the level and fight bowser with the Billy Gun, which is kind of a good battle, I suppose. After that you rescue peach and then she tells you some... stuff.

Music/sounds: Most of the sounds are normal and there aren't many mind blowing music besides some random gunshot and then some ominous stuff, but then there is one music that is just... No... WHY DOES THIS EXIST??? It is so toxic and it kind of ruins it because of how wrong this level is.

Other: There is only one good part of this episode, the dialogue is really, really, really toxic. But it is also pretty darn funny. There is a lot of cussing and drug references, but that's pretty much the entirety of the level.

Overall, this level is terrible. It is vulgar, (as the name implies), it is cruel, offensive, and just isn't really fun to play.

I didn't like this level at all, but it is a... "Unique" idea. 1.4/10
Image Let's a go! Let's a go!

DryBoneJr
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby DryBoneJr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 am

Super Luigi Bros wrote:You got issues, man. Many, many issues. This is kind of offensive too, but since I have been getting into level reviewing, I gotta review this.

Gameplay: Okay, this level is SOOOOOO SLOPPY! There are just random thrown together blocks and other junk that doesn't fit. There are several clashes, but let's just move on. The dialogue is indeed 18+ but I bet most people aren't going to listen to that, but believe me, if I could have gone back and not played this level, I would have. The level also doesn't make any sense, like, at all. There is water in some lava filled castle, that you can't even SEE, and there are grass background objects in lava, which tricked me the first time, and the subareas just have random enemies thrown all over the place. When you finally reach bowsers castle, there is a line of people waiting to... Uh, let's keep this review PG, okay? They are doing adult business, and then you run to the end of the level and fight bowser with the Billy Gun, which is kind of a good battle, I suppose. After that you rescue peach and then she tells you some... stuff.

Music/sounds: Most of the sounds are normal and there aren't many mind blowing music besides some random gunshot and then some ominous stuff, but then there is one music that is just... No... WHY DOES THIS EXIST??? It is so toxic and it kind of ruins it because of how wrong this level is.

Other: There is only one good part of this episode, the dialogue is really, really, really toxic. But it is also pretty darn funny. There is a lot of cussing and drug references, but that's pretty much the entirety of the level.

Overall, this level is terrible. It is vulgar, (as the name implies), it is cruel, offensive, and just isn't really fun to play.

I didn't like this level at all, but it is a... "Unique" idea. 1.4/10

Are you being genuine or sarcastic? I can't tell. because the author is literally not trying to achieve the best level design award. and everybody can tell from the first glance.
basically it's a joke level'ish. you kinda wasted your time reviewing it :|

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am

DryBoneJr wrote:Are you being genuine or sarcastic? I can't tell. because the author is literally not trying to achieve the best level design award. and everybody can tell from the first glance.
Just because it's a joke level doesn't mean you can't criticize it.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

DryBoneJr
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby DryBoneJr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
DryBoneJr wrote:Are you being genuine or sarcastic? I can't tell. because the author is literally not trying to achieve the best level design award. and everybody can tell from the first glance.
Ain't saying you can't. just saying it's just pointless. like judging an unwritten book.

Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Turret 3471 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:13 pm

DryBoneJr wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
Ain't saying you can't. just saying it's just pointless. like judging an unwritten book.
it might be pointless to you, but to others, they're perfectly fine with reviewing whatever they want however they want. it's their choice, even if it's a joke level.
I support:
Image Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

DryBoneJr
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby DryBoneJr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:10 am

Turret 3471 wrote:
DryBoneJr wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote: Just because it's a joke level doesn't mean you can't criticize it.
it might be pointless to you, but to others, they're perfectly fine with reviewing whatever they want however they want. it's their choice, even if it's a joke level.
Ain't saying he can't criticize it. ain't forcing him not to do it. I'm just "criticizing" the use of his time.

Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Turret 3471 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:15 am

DryBoneJr wrote:
Turret 3471 wrote:
DryBoneJr wrote:
Ain't saying he can't criticize it. ain't forcing him not to do it. I'm just "criticizing" the use of his time.
and I'm not saying you're forcing anyone to not do anything. what I am saying is even though you may say it's a waste of time to criticize a joke level, basically meaning you probably wouldn't do it yourself because it's a waste of time to you personally, he's still gonna criticize it whether he wants to or not, even if people say it's a waste of time. tbh, it's never a waste of time to criticize anything. no matter how basic or complex it is, anything deserves criticism. you can even criticize a rock, for crying out loud. now idk where this argument is supposed to be going, apart from you continuously repeating yourself with ain'ts and bringing up stuff no one ever said. if he wants to criticize a joke level, fine. if he doesn't, fine. again, it may be pointless to you, but it's not to him. doesn't matter how many points you can prove, the only time it's pointless is when it comes to you, not him. you're the only one who thinks it's pointless and a waste of time. that doesn't mean you're forcing anyone not to do anything, or saying someone can't do something, but you are saying he probably shouldn't have given proper criticism because it was a "waste of time," even though in reality it wasn't, at least for him. it was a waste of time only to you.
I support:
Image Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Ryuji231 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Hey now guys. No in-fighting.

I welcome all reception of this level. Both positive and negative.
I support:

DryBoneJr
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby DryBoneJr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 pm

1. Again. all of this ain't got nothing to do with whatever you're trying to prove. All I did was being curious if he was genuine or sarcastic. you're the one butting in the irrelevant things. ("it might be pointless to you, but to others, they're perfectly fine with reviewing whatever they want however they want. it's their choice, even if it's a joke level." No s--t, they are. you can even make a soup out of the toilet water. no one is stopping you! you emphasized the idea of him having the freedom of choices which of course must've been caused by you assuming I'm forcing him to not criticize it. "I'm not saying you're forcing anyone to not do anything" true. you didn't say anything. but it needn't be said to be replied that for the explanation I gave. if you're disproving this. then explain the point of your pointless previous comment! also you're very literal. too literal. remember that common sense is the mind of majority. just because it's at least possible that it might not be pointless to him. doesn't mean you have to not proceed on using your brain to actually think about logic, and in the end your paragraph didn't even answer if he's being sarcastic or genuine! for crying out loud. I don't know where this argument is supposed to going to. apart from you continuously missing the point from simple sentences. and unnecessarily extending the argument which can be resolved by a simple answer such as "I was genuine. I did what I want to", "I was sarcastic lol"

2. "tbh. it's never a waste of time to criticize anything" that obviously isn't true. and the fact that you use "criticizing a rock." as an example goes to show how far has your misperception goes. it wasn't about just "criticizing a level". it's about how in that level everyone comes up with the same criticism simply by the first glance. up to the point that writing it changes a little to nothing. (Not that he shouldn't write it!) anyways here is the appropriate quote. -> [ It's never a waste of time to do anything if you wanted to do it. (except what you wanted to do is wasting time but that would make a paradox.) ] oh and you don't even have to place a "tbh" before that!

3 .It's not a coincidence or me being lazy that I haven't mentioned or criticizing Shadow_Flame's criticism on this. compare his to Super Luigi Bros's to find out. it's the main reason I replied to him. this might seems not necessary but this might make you understand what is going on. well it really isn't necessary to most people as they use common sense.
Ryuji231 wrote:Hey now guys. No in-fighting.

I welcome all reception of this level. Both positive and negative.
Sorry if it bothers you. :lol: but all I did was asking a simple question.

4. If this is going any further. PM me instead of replying.

Hor0bix
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: pee pee
Current Project: Personal levels.
Chat Username: HBjoinsthebattle

Postby Hor0bix » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:36 pm

oh no gotta ask my mommy if i can play level
smbx 3magxfkoaisjoiafjoi is cool thanks SMBX team for this

Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Ryuji231 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks guys for the feedback both positive and negative.

I'm going to be taking everything said in this topic from this level into my next level creation. Which I'm gonna announce now.

I was looking in my profile and saw this was the most active topic I've ever posted here so I'm gonna announce "Vulgar Mario 2: The Forum Takes Control"
Where any and all dialogue will be provided by all of you lol. Which means you can post whatever you want and an NPC will say it. It can be anything from a random joke to just "fart" noises or whatever.
I support:

Return to “Levels”