Four Episodes!

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Gremonow
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Fight for the Kingdom - The Return of Mario
Chat Username: Gremonow

Four Episodes!

Postby Gremonow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello everyone! I guess nobody knows me, but that isn't a problem. I use SMBX since I first tried it, what was in 2013. I can say I'm a half-master of it, but I DON'T HAVE ANY EPISODES... :| That will change, because I have 4 projects what I want to "show" you guys. :) As soon as possible I'll finish all of them, but you can wait, because as long as I don't have much time I can't make it faster than...this. :P The first episode is the Super Waluigi X. I can say that nobody really cares about Waluigi, so I decided to make a not too long, funny episode where he is the main protagonist! :o There isn't any long stories: Waluigi needs money. That's it. Keep goin'. My second episode is the Fight for the Kingdom: The Demonic Tie. This is a longer episode and the second instalment of reghrhre's LFFTMK. No spoilers, you'll see it when you'll play with it! ;) The next two episodes are remakes, and I think my biggest works but you guys will decide it later! :) The first one is a NSMBU remake what is almost completely the same as the original game, but in 16-bit. These three episodes will made in SMBX 1.3. My last, or maybe just fourth episode is a SM3DW remake. It looks like the original game, but in 2D and I think I'll make it in the SMBX 2.0. (Hee-hee Rosalina ;) ((if you don't understand what I'm talking about then check out the original game! xD))). Well, that's everything I wanted to tell you guys (sorry if my English is bad xD). Until our next "meet", BYEBYE!
Oh yeah, here are some screenshots, I started all four episodes xD take a look at them:
Spoiler: show
Super Waluigi X, where our HERO collecting coins...
FFTK: The Demonic Tie, an episode with full of mysteries
The NSMBU Remake (haven't got name yet)
SM3DW Remake (haven't got name yet)
Last edited by Gremonow on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: Four episodes!

Postby Electriking » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm

The screenshots are broke them. You need to upload them to a site (such as imgur) and then post the direct url int the [img] tags. Though 4 episodes is quite a lot to be honest and you should work on them 1 at a time as it would be easier and more manageable than all 4.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Re: Four episodes!

Postby Gremonow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Electriking wrote:The screenshots are broke them. You need to upload them to a site (such as imgur) and then post the direct url int the [img] tags. Though 4 episodes is quite a lot to be honest and you should work on them 1 at a time as it would be easier and more manageable than all 4.
Sorry I forgot, I fixed it and I'm making only ONE episode, but this 4 will be certainly on the site in the future. :)

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Re: Four Episodes!

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Which episode are you making first? I'm looking forward to the NSMBU remake the most! I'm not really interested in Waluigi, but i'll still give your episode about him a try!
Did you get permission to make a sequel to LFFTMK? And the 3D World remake could be really cool too!
Those episodes are for 1.3 and 2.0, atleast I should be able to play them!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 pm

By looking at the creenshots, they levels didn't seems bad, actually, they feels pretty good. However, in your dialog texts, I came across a bunch of grammar errors (thinked--->tought, hiper--->hyper, marios IS just left--->mario just left).
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!
Taycamgame...I think the SWX or the NSMBU episode will be released first. I have to draw Yellow and Blue Toad over...Toad xD and Peach...I'll try to make them fast!
arcade999 maaan I'm really sorry I'm not an American or English guy so I have lot of grammar errors. I'm really sorry I'll try to fix them all because I want perfect episodes. Thanks again guys.

OlieGamerTV
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby OlieGamerTV » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 pm

i actually tried to make a Clear Pipe in SMBX, and it didn't really work out, as the player body vanishes when going into the pipe, so dont use warps on clear pipes, and you will be good
My Projects
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:57 pm

This is really cool! Don't rush the levels and make sure everything looks good. I suggest starting on NSMBU episode if aren't too experienced with level design or you could just work on Waluigi X for the taste of it. You could just put a toadette over Peach due to limitations, but whatever floats your boat.

EDIT: Clear Pipes are coming to SMBX2 Beta 4, keep it in your checklist, even Switch Palaces, you can stay tuned by going to the blog or the development sheet to see what cool ideas will be implemented.

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:05 pm

OlieGamerTV wrote:i actually tried to make a Clear Pipe in SMBX, and it didn't really work out, as the player body vanishes when going into the pipe, so dont use warps on clear pipes, and you will be good
Yeah it sucks...maybe I can use an event or something, but if you guys don't like it I can remove it but this SM3DW thing will be made laaaater so...who knows what will be changed in SMBX :D
Westretroman wrote:This is really cool! Don't rush the levels and make sure everything looks good. I suggest starting on NSMBU episode if aren't too experienced with level design or you could just work on Waluigi X for the taste of it. You could just put a toadette over Peach due to limitations, but whatever floats your boat.

EDIT: Clear Pipes are coming to SMBX2 Beta 4, keep it in your checklist, even Switch Palaces, you can stay tuned by going to the blog or the development sheet to see what cool ideas will be implemented.
Thank you so much and yeah, that's what I wanted to say OlieGamerTV. SMBX is always giving more and more chances for new stuff. And I will not rush the levels, don't worry. I always make levels when I get inspiration. :o :D Thanks for the replies guys!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 am

As Taycamgame mentioned, you shouldn't be making a sequel to Luigi's Fight for the Mushroom Kingdom without direct permission from the creator of the original episode. Do you have that?

The screenshots look pretty good. What do you plan to do in terms of lengths of each episode?

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am

PixelPest wrote:As Taycamgame mentioned, you shouldn't be making a sequel to Luigi's Fight for the Mushroom Kingdom without direct permission from the creator of the original episode. Do you have that?

The screenshots look pretty good. What do you plan to do in terms of lengths of each episode?
I've got permission, and I'm still trying to contact with reghrhre to ask him is he sure I can make a sequel to LFFTMK.
About the episode lengths: the Waluigi X will be "short". I mean the levels doesn't have too much special parts, almost only SMB3-like levels. There will be a Waluigi easter egg in all levels (oh yeah I'm thinking in 40-50lvls), just like in New Super Luigi U. There will be a "big secret" in the game, but no spoilers. ;)
The FFTK will be a long and harder episode, with at least 50 levels. No more spoilers. Oh yeah if reghrhre will say "no" then the episode will not contain reference to the LFFTMK. That's it. :)
The two remakes will contain as much levels as they do in the original games. So they will be long I think... :D
Thank you for the reply!

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:33 am

To be fair, this is a forum about a Mario fangame that was made without Nintendo's permission. As long as he's clear that it's not made by reghrhre and that the original is he shouldn't need permission.
Jesus is my savior.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: CCX1 level

Postby Cedur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 am

Gremonov wrote:I've got permission, and I'm still trying to contact with reghrhre to ask him is he sure I can make a sequel to LFFTMK.
well, good luck with that, he's at least not present in the community anymore.
HenryRichard wrote:To be fair, this is a forum about a Mario fangame that was made without Nintendo's permission. As long as he's clear that it's not made by reghrhre and that the original is he shouldn't need permission.
These are two different contexts. SMBX is not a continuation of any Mario game in particular.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshi's are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Gremonow wrote: I've got permission, and I'm still trying to contact with reghrhre to ask him is he sure I can make a sequel to LFFTMK.
About the episode lengths: the Waluigi X will be "short". I mean the levels doesn't have too much special parts, almost only SMB3-like levels. There will be a Waluigi easter egg in all levels (oh yeah I'm thinking in 40-50lvls), just like in New Super Luigi U. There will be a "big secret" in the game, but no spoilers. ;)
The FFTK will be a long and harder episode, with at least 50 levels. No more spoilers. Oh yeah if reghrhre will say "no" then the episode will not contain reference to the LFFTMK. That's it. :)
The two remakes will contain as much levels as they do in the original games. So they will be long I think... :D
Thank you for the reply!
I'm glad the remakes of NSMBU and 3D World will be the same length as the originals, maybe you could even create a NSLU remake somewhere down the line?
You say Waluigi X will be short, but 40-50 levels isn't that short (it depends on the level length though, like if each level was only 1 screen long it would be pretty short compared to the average 30-40 level episode).
Will the NSMBU remake have the exact layout as the original; e.g. will the shapes of the levels be the same? I know you may not be able to recreate all the gimmicks, but hopefully the level layout, themes and lengths will be more or less the same as the original.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
ImageImage
xDestroy wrote:
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Cedur wrote:
Gremonov wrote:I've got permission, and I'm still trying to contact with reghrhre to ask him is he sure I can make a sequel to LFFTMK.
well, good luck with that, he's at least not present in the community anymore.
HenryRichard wrote:To be fair, this is a forum about a Mario fangame that was made without Nintendo's permission. As long as he's clear that it's not made by reghrhre and that the original is he shouldn't need permission.
These are two different contexts. SMBX is not a continuation of any Mario game in particular.
No matter guys, the FFTK WILL BE ON THE FORUM! :D
Taycamgame wrote:
Gremonow wrote: I've got permission, and I'm still trying to contact with reghrhre to ask him is he sure I can make a sequel to LFFTMK.
Thank you for the reply!
I'm glad the remakes of NSMBU and 3D World will be the same length as the originals, maybe you could even create a NSLU remake somewhere down the line?
You say Waluigi X will be short, but 40-50 levels isn't that short (it depends on the level length though, like if each level was only 1 screen long it would be pretty short compared to the average 30-40 level episode).
Will the NSMBU remake have the exact layout as the original; e.g. will the shapes of the levels be the same? I know you may not be able to recreate all the gimmicks, but hopefully the level layout, themes and lengths will be more or less the same as the original.
Okay, then the Walugi X will be long too okay? xD And thanks for the cheer. My plan is to make the NSMBU levels exactly the same, but in 16-bit of course. What do you think?

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Sounds amazing. It will be really fun to play NSMBU again, seeing as I haven't been able to play my Wii U since last year. How much progress has been made on that? Have there been any problems with implementing some gimmicks, like the secret walls, super acorn, bosses etc.? Really looking forward to it, don't rush it!
Also, how are you remaking the levels exactly as they were in NSMBU? Must take some time and memorising of the layout.
ImageImage
xDestroy wrote:
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Well, Taycamgame... I think I'll leave some NSMBU specialities, such as the secret walls. You know, if you put too much events and coins in a level, some coins will disappear. So that's why I willn't put as much coins in the game levels as much you can see in the original game. So there will be some differences between my episode and the original game. :) Soon I'll release a demo for you and for anyone who want to try it. :)

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Gremonow wrote:You know, if you put too much events and coins in a level, some coins will disappear.
why? I have never heard about anything like that and never experienced it even in levels with many coins and events.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshi's are tools to be used and discarded.

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Cedur wrote:
Gremonow wrote:You know, if you put too much events and coins in a level, some coins will disappear.
why? I have never heard about anything like that and never experienced it even in levels with many coins and events.
o.o no way man when I make ummm...about 4 show-hide events for example and I put down 200-300 coins some of them disappears, and later shows up. :( :|

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

well, 200 is indeed some overkill.

Return to “Projects”