The Plumber's Journey [DEMO]

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
willizika96
Goomba
Goomba
Current Project: The Plumber's Journey!
Chat Username: willizika96

The Plumber's Journey [DEMO]

Postby willizika96 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:14 pm

DESCRIPTION

Hey everyone. I'm new at this forum, but I know SMBX for a few years, where I played several different episodes downloaded via "Worlds" page on SMBX.org. After that, I tried do put my own ideas on the screen, and the result is here.

I've been working on this project for almost 2 years during my free time, which isn't so bigger because of the college. This game is a bit difficult because I edited some Kaizo projects on Lunar Magic (a Super Mario World ROM editor) before knows SMBX. But do not scare yourselves! All the challenges are beatable and rewards you for your effort.

Although, some skills, like jump crouched through tight spaces or spin jump in deadly enemies are required for level progression. But I think all of yours can handle that!

This demo contains the first world of the adventure. I already drafted a story in which Mario's plumber skills are needed to fix "the problem the evil is causing" (so the project has this name because of it), however, I didn't put that story on this first demo. Second demo will have an entire level explaining the story.

SCREENSHOTS

Here's some shots of the levels you will play in this first world (captured directly by level editor):

DOWNLOAD

My episode utilizes custom map music, so I recommend you to download the .zip file I made with the original SMBX archives modified. Here's the link:

I really hope you all enjoy. Each level took months to be done, and the more I worked on level designing, the more I got skills on it, so the first levels are more simple, although the last ones are more complex.

Gimme your impressions!

HOSEK1
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: HOSEK1

Little review

Postby HOSEK1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 am

This is a fun demo episode! Nice decoration and level design, i rate it a 10/10.
HOSEK1_Real_Guy

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Re: The Plumber's Journey [DEMO]

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 am

Almost 2 years just for a single world? Wow you remind me of me because I plan to do the same thing. I plan to spend several years on an episode and keep quite until I feel confident it is good or have enough content. I think you could have a great first demo and so I am downloading it. Thanks for uploading this.

Anyone that spends 2 years on a single world and does them kazio style I would think would generate more interest than this. Good Job.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: Desert ruins (level)
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 pm

I think projects is a more suiting place for this.
I believe in my signature as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

willizika96
Goomba
Goomba
Current Project: The Plumber's Journey!
Chat Username: willizika96

Postby willizika96 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks for the replies and compliments, people. I'd like to hear what you felt playing the stages, if you liked the soundtrack, the levels layout, etc.

@TheNewGuy, I don't know how to move topics. Can you help me, or call a moderator to do this work?

Devan2002
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Legend of Zelda X
Chat Username: Devan2002

Postby Devan2002 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Looks pretty interesting from the screenshots, don't really see any flaws. Though I have a project to work on, so I won't be trying to demo (for now at least).
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Supported Projects: show
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show

Return to “Projects”