How to make Yoshi flutter jump in SMBX 1.4

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: Check out my YouTube channel called JC02official
Current Project: Super Mario DXII 2D (SMBX 1.4.4-38A)
Chat Username: OfficialJC02

How to make Yoshi flutter jump in SMBX 1.4

Postby OfficialJC12 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Name the script whatever you want and type in the following:

sysval(yoshiflyable)=1

This only works in SMBX 1.4.X as far as I know. This includes versions 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, and 1.4.4.

I have a demonstration of this script on YouTube. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= 3BjePgN5YrQ

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

Question 1: Can you use this script in your episodes?
Answer: You can use this script whenever you want and no credit is needed.

Question 2: Can you do this in SMBX version 2.0?
Answer: Yes you can use this in 2.0, but it is not the same script. SMBX 2.0 uses Lua, 1.4.X uses Teascript.

Question 3: Can you add a sound for Yoshi flutter jumping?
Answer: Yes, but so far I only got it to work on green colored Yoshis. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= q8hV0rgqBzY

Question 4: Can you use a different number to make Yoshi flutter jump multiple times before hitting the ground?
Answer: Any other number using sysval(yoshflyable) will still act as 1. So no.

Question 5: Can you make Yoshi flutter jump as a playable character?
Answer: Only in 2.0, and it is a different script used with Lua. Check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= MOy_0p-nT_Y
Last edited by OfficialJC12 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 am, edited 14 times in total.
Go check out my YouTube channel JC02official. I would give you the link but last time I did I got a community guidelines strike on my YouTube channel.

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: How to make Yoshi flutter jump in SMBX 1.4

Postby GforGoomba » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 pm

OfficialJC12 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 pm
Name the script whatever you want and type in the following:

sysval(yoshiflyable)=1

I have a video of this on YouTube. Click the link below to watch it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BjePgN5YrQ
Has it become a meme that noobs post tutorials to welcome themselves? I think I was the first to do this
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

YoshiSuperstar
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:25 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 pm
Has it become a meme that noobs post tutorials to welcome themselves? I think I was the first to do this
How do you know he's a noob? You could be playing SMBX for a long time and then make a account. Or if you're talking
about the forums itself, There's no need to say noob to a beginner.

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby OfficialJC12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:35 am

Thanks for the help. I don’t want to repost because I already started getting comments. I don’t properly know how to use these forums yet. I tried getting an account at PGE forums (found at wohlsoft.ru), but I wasn’t able to for some reason. I would have posted this there. I know there is a section for scripts that I could have easily posted this on. I found out not long ago that you have an account on here. Maybe it’s because I look at the description of YouTube videos. I have been using SMBX since April of 2012. I downloaded the original 1.3 version after it got taken down from the official website. It is very rare you will be able to find that again. I have been using SMBX 38A since August of 2016 and been using it ever since. So I am definitely not new to SMBX. I just didn’t have a YouTube channel and a screen recorder back in those days unfortunately. So no I am not new to SMBX at all.
Go check out my YouTube channel JC02official. I would give you the link but last time I did I got a community guidelines strike on my YouTube channel.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:31 am

The Episodes forum is for completed episodes only. Please post things like this in General or Help and Support.

Moved to General

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby OfficialJC12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:05 am

I posted this on here and then put the link of this post on a YouTube video and I got a community guidelines strike because of quote “spam and deceptive practices”. I am very angry at you. Please explain the reason why that happened.
Last edited by OfficialJC12 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 am

OfficialJC12 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:05 am
I posted this on here and then put the link of this post on a YouTube video and I got a community guidelines strike because of quote “spam and deceptive content”. I am very angry at you. Please explain the reason why that happened.
I don't think a community guidelines strikes exist on the forums, unless you are referring to YouTube, as the video seems to be removed for violating the Terms of Service.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:21 am

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:25 am
GforGoomba wrote:
How do you know he's a noob? You could be playing SMBX for a long time and then make a account. Or if you're talking
I ment noob as in goomba-rank. Sorry if I offended anyone.
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:28 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:21 am
GforGoomba wrote:
Ranks don't make you know the community better imo.
I support:
Spoiler: show

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Back on-topic please

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby OfficialJC12 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:29 am

Electriking wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 am
OfficialJC12 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:05 am
I posted this on here and then put the link of this post on a YouTube video and I got a community guidelines strike because of quote “spam and deceptive content”. I am very angry at you. Please explain the reason why that happened.
I don't think a community guidelines strikes exist on the forums, unless you are referring to YouTube, as the video seems to be removed for violating the Terms of Service.
It was from YouTube.

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby OfficialJC12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:50 am

Yes it was YouTube. My strike is gone and the video is back. And I don't have to thank god because they accepted my appeal.

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby OfficialJC12 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:17 am

TheNewGuy wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:28 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:21 am

Ranks don't make you know the community better imo.
What are ranks for anyway?

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Thanks for the support

Postby OfficialJC12 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 am

I know it’s not much at all, but I am still happy this ended up as my most popular video. My most popular video before this was a horribly made video and that video turned out to be a disaster. If it wasn’t for your support, I wouldn’t be trying to figure out how to add sound to when Yoshi flutter jumps. Once that is figured out I will be making another tutorial of this on YouTube.
Last edited by OfficialJC12 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LGLMAKING
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: B ready, MK7, Imma hack you soon!!!
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Postby LGLMAKING » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:11 am

I saw that video a while ago, and I thought: that's pretty neat.
Collab leader of:

I support

Return to “General”