Mystic Atlus

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Mystic Atlus

Postby Cedur » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 am

stageleft wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 pm
New poll added concerning copyrighted music. I'm looking to see if its an important factor for users.

It's fine (and cool)

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:59 am

looks like there's been an update today, what's changed? asking if there were any world map changes that would mess up my save file.
I support:
Spoiler: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:14 am

another update or just an edit in the post?

actually I finally got to replay it another time and I've been enjoying the level extensions thus far (and the game in general of course)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:35 am

^ if you look at the link it says it's been uploaded on the 5th of August. not sure whether it's been updated or not.
I support:

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm

I should have announced it but yeah fixed a couple npc hitboxes that were still bad, added a bit of length or fixes to 9 levels and made a few small musical changes. No map changes so your good to update if you want. I do however edit the post frequently as Cedur suggested most of the time thats what it is.

The affected levels are as follows:
The Dazzling Temple (Better opening)
En Route (Modified and Lengthened Slightly)
Genie's Lamp (Bigger Lamp Interior)
Lava Land (1) (New segment)
St.Mutilfriend's Medium Light (BMG Change)
Nina Whats Good (BGM Change)
East Dream Star (Slide at end)
PHAT BRIDGE! (Lengthened and removed small gfx)
Wild Thang (Fix chaotic room as soon as entering door)
New School (hitbox Fix)
Absolute Master (Lengthened reward segment)

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:47 am

What's with The Captain's Dock? It feels incomplete, I could barely reach the exit with Peach. (as of July 28th)

[ads]

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:43 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:47 am
What's with The Captain's Dock? It feels incomplete, I could barely reach the exit with Peach. (as of July 28th)
I'd be able to verify it if you tell me what world is it located in, or the .lvl file name. I've experienced many weird bugs while playing on 1.3 however I had no problems on beta 3.
PS: the intro is still saying the mushroom genie, is that a mistake?
I support:

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:56 am

I do keep playing on Beta 3, for the record. I believe it's called "H 3" or something? Gladly PGE also allows you to search for level titles on the world map

(still wish the levels also had been named accordingly in the folders instead of a random jumble)

[ads]

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 am

the level's been like that since the revamp, every time you talk to the toad on the far right, the ship moves a bit, already mentioned I disliked the concept but ehh.
I support:

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:32 am

I think this door in Scotland Castle should not be blocked. I followed that pathway only to backtrack and have my power drained lol

Also Fort Fungus was a good star location, I don't understand why this one was removed
Last edited by Cedur on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ads]

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby stageleft » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:37 am

Lets see. The airship covered in anchors at the Captain's Dock is supposed to be broken, bit of a joke, theres 2 leaf power ups in the bonus level No Jolly Rodger right beside it to get you passed.
That door in Scotland Castle is blocked until you kill all the giant blob monsters in that room. Also I didn't want to remove the Star from Fort Fungus but the way the gates are set up now it would be too easy to get 15 Stars before you get to World 6. I think I'm finished with patching this but ya never know. I am tempted to start a second Mario Bros. episode but I feel daunted by needing to have all the graphics perfect this time around.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:48 am

stageleft wrote:Lets see. The airship covered in anchors at the Captain's Dock is supposed to be broken, bit of a joke, theres 2 leaf power ups in the bonus level No Jolly Rodger right beside it to get you passed.

These two lateral airships are also bonus levels? Indeed! I always thought these were just decoration.
stageleft wrote:That door in Scotland Castle is blocked until you kill all the giant blob monsters in that room.

Hmm, okay. Can you also look at the alternative route through the dry bones room? Its gate suddenly opened and I didn't figure as to why. If the gate is also toggled to killing enemies, is there no risk of getting softlocked due to impossibility of backtracking?
stageleft wrote:the way the gates are set up now it would be too easy to get 15 Stars before you get to World 6.

I'd rather suggest to increase the star requirements if that's an issue.
stageleft wrote:I think I'm finished with patching this but ya never know.

You never are. What will end up with most patches, Mystic Atlus or SMBX 1.4.5? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
stageleft wrote:I am tempted to start a second Mario Bros. episode but I feel daunted by needing to have all the graphics perfect this time around.

I would be too hyped to see this! Nothing needs to be perfect, it just needs to be cool!

[ads]

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby stageleft » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:00 pm

-Edit- At Scortland Castle softlocking could happen, It's true that sometimes npcs despawn and mess up the layer but I think its ok here because its in a tall room so theres a chance for them to respawn.
I'd add a few more stars and adjust the gates but at this point it would change the world map and make players have to start over so I will have to leave it as it is. The next one will need lots of custom gfx, deciding what kind to use... I'm thinking maybe going all 8-bit.
Lol yeah that was a lot of patches!

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:50 am

8-bit is my least favorite style at all. The 8-bit segments in this episode are charming and other styles are present enough; but classic 8-bit all the way I would possibly not enjoy.

[ads]

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby stageleft » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:43 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:50 am
8-bit is my least favorite style at all. The 8-bit segments in this episode are charming and other styles are present enough; but classic 8-bit all the way I would possibly not enjoy.
I'm a huge fan of the 8-bit style because thats what I grew up with and I think it offers a solid game experience, but I haven't settled on it yet. Open to suggestions. I was thinking on the other hand that I found a way to draw 1x1 gfx and then expand them to 2x2 gfx in photoshop. So I might go 16-bit as well considering drawing all 8-bit is a bit of a problem solving quest.

-Edit- Patched Aug. 13th
New School & You Don't Want Any of This (NPC Hitbox fix)
The Painting (Axe replaced Red Coin)
Scotland Castle (Minor Touch-Up)
Captain's Dock (Minor Touch-Up)
Ghost King's Monolith (Intro level expansion)

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 am

757 Edward Tangmere - there is only one way to climb up to the star, it requires to keep the tanooki suit. I first got it on the right side, then went to the left and took the hammer suit, and boom, no chance to get up.

Also there is a multiple level separation in NXRD 3D Palace and No Thirst. These do not work as checkpoints; after death you have to restart all over. If they're meant to be multiple checkpoints, SMBX2 provides ways to do that.

Speaking of No Thirst, the Peach boss is literally impossible, and the Ghost King event in Luigi's path ends fatally if the player doesn't react (and they probably won't think they can).

Also I'm still under the impression that the East Dream Star is the ultimate goal in this game and the true final level. The road to it looks way more final than the short cloud road at the end of World 8.

[ads]

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 am

In Impossible Atlus you can be softlocked from the respawning donut blocks at the lakitu shoe location.

Absolute Master should be also marked with a star, as it gives you the final one. I was afraid I had missed one.

I'm done once again with my most favorite SMBX episode :>

[ads]

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby stageleft » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:17 am

Thanks for that final bit of feedback Cedur! I uploaded a patch to remedy most of the things you've found and a few other things. I declare Mystic Atlus Completed. Aug 16th 2019
Also The east Dream Star is the Ultimate Goal of the episode. I'd say you were right in guessing so.

--Patch Updates--
-Added Star to Map outside of Absolute Master (No effect on previous saves, tested)
-Absolute Master sequence revamp
-Link & Luigi's Endings modified
-NXRD Palace outro fixed (Lengthened & Npc's can't hurt)
-Captain's Dock made complete (Lengthened & Added to)
-Impossible Atlus (Donut Blocks fixed & minor tweaks)
-757 Edward Tangmere fixed
-Minor fixes in levels East dream Star, Vanilla clouds, Ghost King's Monolith, Zhubbard Warp

MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 am

It's good to see this still updated. I feel like the polish will make it more enjoyable.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Return to “Episodes”