Bowser's Crazy Contraptions (Puzzle Level)

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2 (Level)

Bowser's Crazy Contraptions (Puzzle Level)

Postby PrinceApple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Hello everybody! I'm PrinceApple on SMBX or ultragreenmario on twitter, youtube, and discord. This is my very first ever level posted here, so I hope you all enjoy it! Thanks for playing if you do decide to.

The level can be found here: https://mega.nz/#!GWRXRaQY!YuZY6OVWH_6F ... uXdIlOXry0

Happy Valentine's Day!

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Re: Bowser's Crazy Contraptions (Puzzle Level)

Postby PrinceApple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm

I am currently working on a sequel to this level titled Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2. This time it will have SMW themed graphics, and a use of the ice flower. Hoping to get it finished by valentines.
Happy Valentine's Day!

MegaDood
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:29 pm

Hey, that was a nice first level. I'm not a level reviewer, but I'll review it nonetheless.

The level itself was rather easy to complete, but the boss was pretty interesting in which how you had to fight him. Though a very minor thing, the backtracking in the second and third level was a bit boring. Aesthetically, it looked OK, maybe custom graphics would have made it look a bit better. Since it was your first level uploaded though, that's OK. Also I liked the Super Mario Land 2 music a lot.

For a first level, it was pretty good, maybe try using some custom graphics next time, and focus less on backtracking in puzzles.

Well done!
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:29 pm
Hey, that was a nice first level. I'm not a level reviewer, but I'll review it nonetheless.

The level itself was rather easy to complete, but the boss was pretty interesting in which how you had to fight him. Though a very minor thing, the backtracking in the second and third level was a bit boring. Aesthetically, it looked OK, maybe custom graphics would have made it look a bit better. Since it was your first level uploaded though, that's OK. Also I liked the Super Mario Land 2 music a lot.

For a first level, it was pretty good, maybe try using some custom graphics next time, and focus less on backtracking in puzzles.

Well done!
Just using custom graphics won't make aesthetics better. It's how you use the graphics that makes it work or not. There are a lot of levels with no custom graphics that look a lot better than some levels with custom graphics. Gameplay in general is also a lot more important than aesthetics

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby PrinceApple » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:32 am

MegaDood wrote:

Well done!
Thank you! The sequel will use custom GFX to make it look more like SMW and I will probably be going for less clash in that one. I will also try Super Paper Mario music for that level. Thanks for your feedback!

Added in 47 seconds:
What I meant by that is I found some gfx in the CGFX pack that are SMW styled and look good.
Happy Valentine's Day!

MegaDood
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby MegaDood » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 am

PixelPest wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 pm
MegaDood wrote:

Well done!
Just using custom graphics won't make aesthetics better. It's how you use the graphics that makes it work or not. There are a lot of levels with no custom graphics that look a lot better than some levels with custom graphics. Gameplay in general is also a lot more important than aesthetics
Ah, yeah true. When it comes to gameplay though, slight backtracking was the only real thing that I didn't like so much. But that didn't really ruin the level or anything.
My Project:

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby PrinceApple » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 am
Ah, yeah true. When it comes to gameplay though, slight backtracking was the only real thing that I didn't like so much. But that didn't really ruin the level or anything.
The backtracking in puzzle three was so you could get all the necessary things before you get the fire flower and advance to the Bowser fight.
I don't remember putting any backtracking in the second puzzle, but there might have been some if you went past Luigi at first. Thanks for playing and thanks for the feedback, I hope the sequel can solve some of your problems with it although there will still be slight backtracking.
Happy Valentine's Day!

MegaDood
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby MegaDood » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:58 pm

PrinceApple wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 am
The backtracking in puzzle three was so you could get all the necessary things before you get the fire flower and advance to the Bowser fight.
I don't remember putting any backtracking in the second puzzle, but there might have been some if you went past Luigi at first. Thanks for playing and thanks for the feedback, I hope the sequel can solve some of your problems with it although there will still be slight backtracking.
That's alright, good luck with your next level.
My Project:

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby PrinceApple » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 pm

PrinceApple wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm
I am currently working on a sequel to this level titled Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2. This time it will have SMW themed graphics, and a use of the ice flower. Hoping to get it finished by valentines.
It is currently 95% finished. Going to release Valentine's Day even if it's finished on that day.
Happy Valentine's Day!

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2

Postby PrinceApple » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 am

Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2, the sequel to Bowser's Crazy Contraptions has been fully completed. It's been tested by TheLoafLord as he is one of my best friends. It will be released on Valentine's Day as planned.
Happy Valentine's Day!

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2

Postby PrinceApple » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 am

Bowser's Crazy Contraptions 2 has been fully completed. Download it here: (https://mega.nz/#!yDwmXA7B!4pa5yD2kgPXM ... H9LTkQ2BnE)
The folder includes a read me file which has the story (up to this point) written in it, as well as the planned release date for BCC3. (this summer, hopefully). Have a great valentine's day, and enjoy! Make sure to send any feedback my way : )
Last edited by PrinceApple on Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Valentine's Day!

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby PrinceApple » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:59 am

"Bug" found. When you get to the starman section, the starmen are not meant to just jump around and give you invincibility. You're meant to freeze them with the ice flower and go down to fight Bowser. My SMBX was bugged so none of this happened on my end. Sorry for this, I'll get it fixed ASAP.
Happy Valentine's Day!

PrinceApple
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby PrinceApple » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:27 am

It has been fixed. The new link is included with the level post (the one with the screenshot and summer thingy). Look out this summer for the third one.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Return to “Levels”