Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others. Outstanding episodes will be featured monthly.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
sammerbro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am

Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby sammerbro » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 am

IT'S HERE! AT LAST! this has 100 bosses.
you might be SHOCKED, because I made ALL the bosses myself.
shots:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6bir2u5l ... am+Lev.rar
enjoy!

Added in 10 minutes 36 seconds:
it's for 1.4.4

User avatar
VanillaDude
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: I always delay a lot while looking for an avatar
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite
Location: Venezuela
Chat Username: Surtur#6292
Contact:

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby VanillaDude » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am

That looks so hard man...

Westretroman
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby Westretroman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
That looks so hard man...
It's not hard, it's ridiculously tough, I've played the previous boss rush and most of it is just literally rinka spam and the 100 boss fights aren't all too shocking or different, some bosses are literally the same as others but with different layout changes and concepts. I applaud him for going through the work of making 100 bosses at least, since without the knowledge of scripting, you can't make a few of the bosses distinct from each other.

sammerbro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby sammerbro » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:58 am

Westretroman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
That looks so hard man...
It's not hard, it's ridiculously tough, I've played the previous boss rush and most of it is just literally rinka spam and the 100 boss fights aren't all too shocking or different, some bosses are literally the same as others but with different layout changes and concepts. I applaud him for going through the work of making 100 bosses at least, since without the knowledge of scripting, you can't make a few of the bosses distinct from each other.
yep. tough, the Spiny Shell near the end and others in particular.
oh, you might be wondering why every 5th boss uses a unique theme. every 5th is Big Boss.
thanks, Westretroman. I spent all the time I could making this. thank goodness all those GFX packs saved time from making the sprites myself!
Quadruple Piranha and Kabula are "defeat the boss before the screen stops scrolling", though they are still not too bad.
the concepts were hard to come up with. Ludwig's battle having the additional Fireballs was the easiest to come up with, Toxic Bro being killed via Ice Flower is cool (pun fully intended), Fryguy being killed via bomb-in-the-face is weird, the Toad Machine has a Defense, Fire Wart has a supporter Lava Celling, and the Birdo Sisters require timing to hit them.

sammerbro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby sammerbro » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 am

any more posts anybody?

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3650
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 am

sammerbro wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 am
any more posts anybody?

come on, you already got solid attention from a few people, even quite much for a boss rush, people can't say things all the time and it takes a while to proceed until something worth saying comes up ...

(I also won't touch this episode until you apply the criticism about rinka spam etc)
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

sammerbro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby sammerbro » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 am
sammerbro wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 am
any more posts anybody?

come on, you already got solid attention from a few people, even quite much for a boss rush, people can't say things all the time and it takes a while to proceed until something worth saying comes up ...

(I also won't touch this episode until you apply the criticism about rinka spam etc)
you also need 1.4.4 to play it. Rinkas are only to make a little bit of the bosses harder (Mother Brains since they can't attack!) I might fix the Rinka spam, but I've started to work on my fourth boss rush and rarely update stuff.

sammerbro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Sam Lev Boss Rush 3!

Postby sammerbro » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:26 pm

can anyone please make a post?


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests