The dummies in SMBX2MAGLX3

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Jashthefuntime
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: ???

The dummies in SMBX2MAGLX3

Postby Jashthefuntime » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:06 am

Hi,i've recently downloaded the pre-build of beta 4 and i find it really cool. i've started using mario editor recently and i thought of making separate backgrounds for the hills so i could do custom looks of the hills. It was finally the time for me to use the dummies but i saw something weird...in beta 3 there were alot of dummy png files in the background folder but here there is only one dummy. can anyone tell me if there is something i have to do for replace 4 of the dummies?If they are still working on it and there is no way then i will return to beta 3 even if i have to say bye to the clear pipes and amazing things that are in this new version
Image Image

1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Re: The dummies in SMBX2MAGLX3

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:34 am

Jashthefuntime wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:06 am
Hi,i've recently downloaded the pre-build of beta 4 and i find it really cool. i've started using mario editor recently and i thought of making separate backgrounds for the hills so i could do custom looks of the hills. It was finally the time for me to use the dummies but i saw something weird...in beta 3 there were alot of dummy png files in the background folder but here there is only one dummy. can anyone tell me if there is something i have to do for replace 4 of the dummies?If they are still working on it and there is no way then i will return to beta 3 even if i have to say bye to the clear pipes and amazing things that are in this new version
the dummy sprites are used across all that currently has no image yet, so they're still there.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:36 am

You can replace images in the 751-1000 range for BGOs, blocks and NPCs (as these won't be used by the devs). To make the image appear correctly in PGE, you will need to make a background-n.ini/block-n.ini/npc-n.ini files. You will need to include some information I.E for block-751.ini:

[block]
image = "block-751.png"
name = "New block"
group = "Special"
category = "New Blocks"

You can change the properties of BGOs by creating a background-n.txt file. To change how blocks function, you will need to do that in a luna.lua file. To give NPCs AI, you will need to create an npc-n.lua file and to change some other properties an npc-n.txt file.

The handbook gives some infromation about the .ini, background-n.txt, npc-n.lua and npc-n.txt files. Enjl's Lua tutorial videos includes videos about making NPCs as well. As for blocks you should check newblocks.lua in the blocks folder in the scripts folder to see how certain fuctionalities are given.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Jashthefuntime
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: ???

Postby Jashthefuntime » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am

thanks for the help. Even if i don't know how to script,i'll take that extra help you gave me of the function thing. i can't know if i will ever learn the lua scripting
Image Image

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer
Chat Username: ElmerMouseFan34

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 am

Jashthefuntime wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am
thanks for the help. Even if i don't know how to script,i'll take that extra help you gave me of the function thing. i can't know if i will ever learn the lua scripting
I think the lua scripts are needed just for the custom NPCs. The BGO don't need them (but I could be mistaken).
My main project:
Logo montage by AndrewPixel, SMW font by BMatSantos, cog sprites by Valtteri and Mickey and Donald sprites by Landsverk96 (on DeviantArt).
Discord server: https://discord.gg/4hYwk2k

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... fkqzuzb4lh

More people need to actually read this document.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Help and Support”