Doors into quicksand?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
FirestarPlays
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius, Firestar's GFX Pack
Chat Username: Firestar

Doors into quicksand?

Postby FirestarPlays » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm

I recently encountered a glitch where a specific door could turn into quicksand. It seems game-breaking (already had to discard a level i was working on because of it :cry: )

Version: SMBX2 beta MAGLX3

Issue: Doors turn into quicksand, game breaking

I need a fix in case this happens again
Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7934
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Doors into quicksand?

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Can you share the level where it happens? I'm not spending days trying to reproduce it without any hints as to how it could occur.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Eclipsed
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1457
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Doors into quicksand?

Postby Eclipsed » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:26 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm
I recently encountered a glitch where a specific door could turn into quicksand. It seems game-breaking (already had to discard a level i was working on because of it :cry: )

Version: SMBX2 beta MAGLX3

Issue: Doors turn into quicksand, game breaking

I need a fix in case this happens again
I think you should upload the level file so it can be looked into
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602
Spoiler: show

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
Spoiler: show
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 23:44:217
Spoiler: show
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
Spoiler: show
[WR]Super Mario Land Returns in 7:18:141
Spoiler: show
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7934
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Doors into quicksand?

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:26 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm
I recently encountered a glitch where a specific door could turn into quicksand. It seems game-breaking (already had to discard a level i was working on because of it :cry: )

Version: SMBX2 beta MAGLX3

Issue: Doors turn into quicksand, game breaking

I need a fix in case this happens again
I think you should upload the level file so it can be looked into
Blimey! Why haven't I thought of that?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius, Firestar's GFX Pack
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: Doors into quicksand?

Postby FirestarPlays » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:41 pm
Eclipsed wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:26 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm
I recently encountered a glitch where a specific door could turn into quicksand. It seems game-breaking (already had to discard a level i was working on because of it :cry: )

Version: SMBX2 beta MAGLX3

Issue: Doors turn into quicksand, game breaking

I need a fix in case this happens again
I think you should upload the level file so it can be looked into
Blimey! Why haven't I thought of that?
Oof--I deleted the level file -_-

Next time it happens, I'll upload it for you
Image


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests