Super Mario Bros. Remastered; COMING OCTOBER 31st, 2019! POSTPONED DUE TO INJURIES
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZMwL ... bbJsAXKfdM
In development since December of 2018, Super Mario Bros. Remastered features the graphics from the All-Stars version of SMB1 and features taken from Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Gameboy Color.
Here is some of what you can expect to see in Super Mario Bros. Remastered:
RETURNING FROM PRIOR VERSIONS OF SMB1:
- Ace-Coins from Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, only relocated throughout the levels to be more appropriate.
- Yoshi Eggs from Super Mario Bros. Deluxe as well, except the locations for the eggs won't change.
- Overworld based off of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe in SMAS styled graphics with a newly added warp world.
- You vs Boo Levels are back but have been repurposed into multiplayer VS levels bundled with the main episode itself as a bonus.
- A working end level fireworks system.
- A checkpoint system accurate to SMB1 rather than the default SMW checkpoint.
- Proper SMB1-esque level intros.
- Parrallax and backgrounds improved to be more accurate to the SMAS version.
- Hard mode returns from the NES and SNES versions.
- Beginning and ending scenes akin to Super Mario Advance 4.
- Added Peach's Castle at the start of the game where you can view scenes, see Ace-Coin and Yoshi Egg totals, use unlocks obtained by collecting Ace-Coins and eggs, and options where you can turn on/off unlockables or turn on/off scroll lock.
- All 5 characters are playable! With Peach, Toad, and Link looking more SMB1 appropriate.
- Unlockables include power-ups, Yoshi(Yes in SMB1 style), SMBX exclusive items, and abilities from other games.
- Full multiplayer support.(Except the custom HUD which always breaks in multiplayer, sorry!)
- A change in story if Princess Peach is one of the players.
- Toad, Peach, and Link will have proper (NEW) swimming sprites and swimming animations.
- Warp zone has been moved to the world map.
Please note that these screenshots and GIFs were taking from multiple stages of development some of them may have graphics or features that have changed.
Youtube Video showing off the first level:
Youtube Video showing off 3-1:
Q:When will the full episode be released?
A:October 31st, 2019!
Q:What do you wish to deliver with Super Mario Bros. Remastered?
A:I wish to deliver what is essentially a Super Mario Advance 5 only with the perks and unlockables of being in the SMBX 38A Engine.
Q:Is this your first SMBX episode?
A:Yes! I wanted to familiarize myself with the level editor of SMBX before I started an original SMBX episode, and I thought remastering a SMB game first would be a good way to do that.
Q:Why did you chose SMBX 38A as the version to release SMB Remastered on?
A:It had the most SMB1 content already in the level editor, which means it was the easiest to make the Remaster for.
Q:Will you be releasing this for 2.0 as well?
A:Nope. However if somebody wants to port my work from 1.4.5 over to 2.0 I'd be fine with it as long as they credit me for the work on the 38A version(and Nintendo!)
Q:Will you be releasing a "Lost Levels Remastered" as well?
A:Eventually yes, seeing as a majority of scripts for it would just be recycling what I have done in SMB: Remastered, it would be easy.
Q:Can we expect eeeeverything from SMBDX in SMB Remastered?
A:No, do not expect the return of: badges from SMBDX, the high score system from SMBDX, the post level toad house from SMBDX's challenge mode, or the Gameboy printable images(beacause of course not.)
Q:Where can I follow the development of this episode?
A:The SMBX 38A discord quite a lot you can drop by and say hi, I go by the username ItsIggy.
WITH HELP FROM: