Game Concept Thread

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.

Moderator: Game Masters

Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Re: Game Concept Thread

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 am

lmao 10/10 this is like M21 but more creative.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

116taj
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Postby 116taj » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:49 pm

maybe more than one threat but i like it
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Cytoid Charts

Postby Radiance » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 am

Radiance wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 am
M??: The Prankster v. 2
Town vs. TP
13 PIayers
Cardflip

In the army of SMB3 Goombas, a prankster SMB3 recolored Galoomba tried to fit in. Now as a concerned citizen of Bowser's Kingdom, you must identify the prankster.

Town:
Goomba can go to a player's room to inspect a player at night to know his color.
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba

Third Party:
Galoomba can hide at night 3 times. It has also 2 cloaks so he'll end up blue when inspected.

Rules:
  • If a Goomba's target is inspecting someone, the Goomba will receive a message which says "There are no results of your current inspection." at the end of the night phase.
  • If a Goomba's target is hidden, the Goomba will receive a message which says "There are no results of your current inspection." at the end of the night phase.
  • If two or more Goombas inspect the same target, they'll crash each other at the doorway of the target's room which leads to their death.
Win Conditions:

Town:
Identify the Galoomba.

Third Party:
Be the last man standing or equal the town.
Slightly edited.

GforGoomba
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario Megamix
Chat Username: Kenny McCormick

Postby GforGoomba » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Radiance wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 am
Radiance wrote:
Town vs. TP
13 PIayers
Cardflip

In the army of SMB3 Goombas, a prankster SMB3 recolored Galoomba tried to fit in. Now as a concerned citizen of Bowser's Kingdom, you must identify the prankster.

Town:
Goomba can go to a player's room to inspect a player at night to know his color.
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba

Third Party:
Galoomba can hide at night 3 times. It has also 2 cloaks so he'll end up blue when inspected.

Rules:
  • If a Goomba's target is inspecting someone, the Goomba will receive a message which says "There are no results of your current inspection." at the end of the night phase.
  • If a Goomba's target is hidden, the Goomba will receive a message which says "There are no results of your current inspection." at the end of the night phase.
  • If two or more Goombas inspect the same target, they'll crash each other at the doorway of the target's room which leads to their death.
Win Conditions:

Town:
Identify the Galoomba.

Third Party:
Slightly edited.
The town would have an effective win because all townies can inspect.
Make A Good Metroidvania V1 Dang nab evil kumquats...

#TeamLaurel

This is a block of text that can be added to the posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

SAStar777
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: At the moment, nothing much...
Chat Username: SAStar777

Postby SAStar777 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm
Radiance wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 am
Radiance wrote:
The Prankster: show
Town vs. TP
13 PIayers
Cardflip

Town:
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba

Third Party:

Rules:
Win Conditions:

Town:
Identify the Galoomba.

Third Party:
Slightly edited.
The town would have an effective win because all townies can inspect.
There's, like, 4 things that can mess with the inspections.
Galoomba's description wrote:Galoomba can hide at night 3 times.(1) It has also 2 cloaks so he'll end up blue when inspected.(2)
Mechanics wrote:
  • If a Goomba's target is inspecting someone(3), the Goomba will receive a message which says "There are no results of your current inspection." at the end of the night phase.
  • If two or more Goombas inspect the same target(4), they'll crash each other at the doorway of the target's room which leads to their death.
yaaaaaaawn Huh? Oh. Hi. I'm SAStar. ...I don't do stuff here much.
I support these projects: show
Image Image Image
I'll just be closing this sig with some random color text now...

krazykat
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Chat Username: krazykat

Postby krazykat » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm

M??: Double Vision, Dudes
13 Players

Bodfather - has the best bod so everyone thinks they're a good dude
Mafio Monch - bad dudes
Mafio Monch - bad dudes

Chad Intellect - inspects people to acquire knowledge of their color. nice!
Chad Health - stops people from dying which is pretty rad if you ask me
Chad Attacc - kills people in the name of the law
Dude - suprememely average
Lowtier Dude - thinks they are suprememely average but actually look like a lowrider because they have low in their name

Lowrider - a little higher. runs over people to kill them for some reason.

This game takes advantage of the "Double Vision" mechanic. Each night, every person with an ability must send in two people to use their ability on for the ability usage to be counted. Which of the two people that ability is actually used on is decided randomly. (considering doing the same for lynch votes, but that seems avoidable in-game and therefore not very useful)

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: Mario's Quest
Chat Username: Eric

Postby xDestroy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Radiance wrote:
Town vs. TP
13 PIayers
Cardflip

Town:
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba

Third Party:

Rules:
Win Conditions:

Town:
Identify the Galoomba.

Third Party:
Instead of having them die if 2 or more goomba’s inspect the same target, make it so the 2 or more goombas who inspected the same target get roleblocked. You can as well make the galoomba gets to make a goomba to their side every night, but only the OG galoomba has the ability to hide and cloak themselves. Also, if a galoomba and a goomba visit the same target, they still both get roleblocked.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Cytoid Charts

Postby Radiance » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 pm

xDestroy wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 pm
Radiance wrote:
Town vs. TP
13 PIayers
Cardflip

Town:
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba

Third Party:

Rules:
Win Conditions:

Town:
Identify the Galoomba.

Third Party:
Instead of having them die if 2 or more goomba’s inspect the same target, make it so the 2 or more goombas who inspected the same target get roleblocked. You can as well make the galoomba gets to make a goomba to their side every night, but only the OG galoomba has the ability to hide and cloak themselves. Also, if a galoomba and a goomba visit the same target, they still both get roleblocked.
Although roleblocking two goombas is a better punishment, the minimum time for galoomba to win is 23 phases. (12 night phases and 11 day phases)

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: Mario's Quest
Chat Username: Eric

Postby xDestroy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Radiance wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 pm
xDestroy wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 pm
Radiance wrote:
Town vs. TP
13 PIayers
Cardflip

Town:
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba
Goomba

Third Party:

Rules:
Win Conditions:

Town:
Identify the Galoomba.

Third Party:
Although roleblocking two goombas is a better punishment, the minimum time for galoomba to win is 23 phases. (12 night phases and 11 day phases)
Wrong, since the galoomba can get a goomba to join their side in the new concept.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition

116taj
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Unannouced
Chat Username: 116taj

Postby 116taj » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:10 am

krazykat wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm
M??: Double Vision, Dudes
13 Players

Bodfather - has the best bod so everyone thinks they're a good dude
Mafio Monch - bad dudes
Mafio Monch - bad dudes

Chad Intellect - inspects people to acquire knowledge of their color. nice!
Chad Health - stops people from dying which is pretty rad if you ask me
Chad Attacc - kills people in the name of the law
Lowtier Dude - thinks they are suprememely average but actually look like a lowrider because they have low in their name

Lowrider - a little higher. runs over people to kill them for some reason.

This game takes advantage of the "Double Vision" mechanic. Each night, every person with an ability must send in two people to use their ability on for the ability usage to be counted. Which of the two people that ability is actually used on is decided randomly. (considering doing the same for lynch votes, but that seems avoidable in-game and therefore not very useful)
What you could do is make a mafia a curser role that forces someone to randomly vote between two people, also the third party might end the game considering there would be 2 kills for most of the game and town is already at a disadvantage with the double vision
I have become a sellout and use my signature for ads

Every month: Mafia

SMBX Mafia has returned
isnt that nice

Join Mosaic Mafia!
We need new players
http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

If you like that, join Reroll Mafia where there's more mafia. yay
im actually hosting a game right now
https://discord.gg/W7KSukZ

krazykat
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Chat Username: krazykat

Postby krazykat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:14 am

Everyone is at a disadvantage with double vision. I may swap the vig for something else, or I may swap lowrider for a jester type role, although I'd have to modify it for the gimmick.

Return to “Mafia”