Gutsy Grasslands

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
ZoraSphere
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Gutsy Grasslands

Postby ZoraSphere » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:52 pm

I don't know if my level went through cause of my wonky internet connection but here's my level.
This is the first level I've made so tell me what you think and I hope you have fun with it.

Here's the mandatory screenshot.

Here's the download link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dw5dj ... slands.zip

m4sterbr0s
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Chat Username: m4sterbr0s

Re: Gutsy Grasslands

Postby m4sterbr0s » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Review of Gusty Grasslands

Level Design: 8.3/10

This level portrays the classic SMB1 theme and is pulled off very well. The use of slopes and sizables in this level create an atmosphere that isn't linear to the player, but rather enjoyable. I would say that the level difficulty is slightly above average, which is good, considering I died a couple of times. Enemy placement was very well done, though one or two spots seemed a bit crammed, but didn't seem to cause that much of a problem. This level, I would say, had the right amount of powerups. It was nice to see that a Tanooki Suit was hidden in the secret area (accessed via above the level, traveling on the clouds to the pipe in the sky), as some sort of reward for getting there. Finally, I liked the World 1-1 reference there was in a certain section (though small, but still a decent reference). I'd say that the end could have been a little better. I was expecting more of the classic SMB1 flagpole, but that's alright that there wasn't any. Overall, a job well done!

Level Aesthetics: 8.9/10

As mentioned before, the use of slopes and sizables in this level was a plus, since SMB1 graphics usually have the generic linear tilesets and landscapes. The tileset and background for this level itself was perfect. The music was fitting for the theme, though I was kind of surprised to hear Paper Mario music. There were also a few touches that brought about the SMB1 theme, such as the SMB1 styled SMB3 piranha plant (the one that spits fire in the direction you are at that moment). Again, great job with this.

Advice:

I'd say the only real advice for you is to remove a few of the enemies near the last third of the level. For me, it seemed a bit crammed, but still manageable to get through. Other than that, keep it up! I look forward to playing any of your future levels, ZoraSphere.

Final Score: 8.6/10
Level Status: Approved

ZoraSphere
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ZoraSphere » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks for the review, I'll make sure that I fix the errors for my
next level which I'm working on right now.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:16 pm

My Playthrough:

ZoraSphere
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby ZoraSphere » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:59 pm

bossedit8 wrote:My Playthrough:

Thanks for making a video of my level bossedit!

Return to “Pretty Good”