Is This Forum Dying?

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4033
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Danny » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:42 pm

I've noticed recently that there has been quite a large amount of inactivity, pretty sad levels of inactivity, just a couple of months ago there were quite a lot of people on this forum. Any particular reason why anyone thinks this is happening? Is this forum dying or something? I'm pretty curious about this considering a bunch of previously active members have suddenly gone inactive. I'd trust that it's school and whatnot but something tells me it isn't.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:I've noticed recently that there has been quite a large amount of inactivity, pretty sad levels of inactivity, just a couple of months ago there were quite a lot of people on this forum. Any particular reason why anyone thinks this is happening? Is this forum dying or something? I'm pretty curious about this considering a bunch of previously active members have suddenly gone inactive. I'd trust that it's school and whatnot but something tells me it isn't.
You've got to be kidding. There's at least a dozen new topics a day and 100-200 posts.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57 pm

Idk, it's just that I have other stuff to do *cough*play Sims*cough*

There's nothing really happening here anymore, we haven't had any community events in forever (like four months?) and I just get carried away with other stuff, SMBX doesn't really do it for me anymore, at least for now, I guess. All my friends have become inactive too, not to mention a lot of people have left the forum for good lately...
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4033
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Danny » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:58 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:I've noticed recently that there has been quite a large amount of inactivity, pretty sad levels of inactivity, just a couple of months ago there were quite a lot of people on this forum. Any particular reason why anyone thinks this is happening? Is this forum dying or something? I'm pretty curious about this considering a bunch of previously active members have suddenly gone inactive. I'd trust that it's school and whatnot but something tells me it isn't.
You've got to be kidding. There's at least a dozen new topics a day and 100-200 posts.
It still seems rather empty and inactive.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:00 pm

I guess the problem is that all of the "familiar" members have become inactive. In the meantime we have a whole set of new members, but the older members (at least I) haven't really gotten into touch with them (yet).
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
underFlo
Young Rydia
Young Rydia
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Location: Germany
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby underFlo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Quite a few of the older members seem to be inactive (like Marina :^)), and instead we get a fludd of new members, and I'm not sure if that's really that good, considering it makes the general quality of this forum less appealing, but new members are still necessary though to keep this forum alive obv.

But yeah, some community event would be really nice, wasn't there a vanilla level contest planned or something?
im a girl yo

User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm sorry but
Nickname wrote:a fludd of new members
:^)

Image
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4033
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Danny » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Nickname wrote:Quite a few of the older members seem to be inactive (like Marina :^)), and instead we get a fludd of new members, and I'm not sure if that's really that good, considering it makes the general quality of this forum less appealing, but new members are still necessary though to keep this forum alive obv.

But yeah, some community event would be really nice, wasn't there a vanilla level contest planned or something?
I think that was planned for the community contest hosted by Valtteri, and we have to wait until June(?) for it, that's when he gets back. Kind of ridiculous that Joey or somebody else can't host an official community contest, it doesn't have to always be Valtteri. I think we need to have community contests more often to bring the community together, not wait for an individual to come and host it for us.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:21 pm

The problem probably is that Valtteri is the only one who's willing to do it.

Originally there was a spring contest in consideration but I guess that never happened, because everyone else was too busy with other stuff?
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
underFlo
Young Rydia
Young Rydia
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Location: Germany
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby underFlo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Marina wrote:I'm sorry but
Nickname wrote:a fludd of new members
:^)

Image
wow i good at english
im a girl yo

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby reghrhre » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:25 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:You've got to be kidding. There's at least a dozen new topics a day and 100-200 posts.
Mafia doesn't count.

There's really nothing here that motivates people to stay other than SMBX but if someone's not into SMBX (anymore) then there's practically no point in staying, that might be the case for long time users which is why they're simply not here (as much). It can be kinda hard to think up of something that lets users interact with each other without breaking a rule or something the staff don't agree on. And IRC is flat out dead now. My episode is all I'm here for at this point, after I'm done with that I don't have much of a reason to stay here.

And gah, think up of a different event other than community contests, those are beyond old and boring, do something creative for once. People during the NSMBX times know what I mean, I did unique shit other than boring old contests, there's nothing fun about doing the exact same type of contest all the time I honestly don't understand why people enjoy it still.

User avatar
underFlo
Young Rydia
Young Rydia
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Location: Germany
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby underFlo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Txunere wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:You've got to be kidding. There's at least a dozen new topics a day and 100-200 posts.
Mafia doesn't count.

There's really nothing here that motivates people to stay other than SMBX but if someone's not into SMBX (anymore) then there's practically no point in staying, that might be the case for long time users which is why they're simply not here (as much). It can be kinda hard to think up of something that lets users interact with each other without breaking a rule or something the staff don't agree on. And IRC is flat out dead now. My episode is all I'm here for at this point, after I'm done with that I don't have much of a reason to stay here.

And gah, think up of a different event other than community contests, those are beyond old and boring, do something creative for once. People during the NSMBX times know what I mean, I did unique shit other than boring old contests, there's nothing fun about doing the exact same type of contest all the time I honestly don't understand why people enjoy it still.
Then give the staff or others who wanna host community events ideas if you have them, I'm sure it'd be appreciated.
im a girl yo

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2829
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby zlaker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned that the Spring contest would start when MaGLX has ended.

But for reals, this forum is seriously inactive and I honestly think some community events would be good.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:30 pm

zlakergirl357 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned that the Spring contest would start when MaGLX has ended.

But for reals, this forum is seriously inactive and I honestly think some community events would be good.
And when exactly does MaGLX end again?
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2829
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby zlaker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Marina wrote:
zlakergirl357 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned that the Spring contest would start when MaGLX has ended.

But for reals, this forum is seriously inactive and I honestly think some community events would be good.
And when exactly does MaGLX end again?
Looking at how many levels that been reviewed so far (which you can see here btw), I guess it'll take a long time before we even get results :/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:34 pm

So like... what's stopping us from doing a contest now while the results are being done?
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4305
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 pm

The Vanilla contest was theoretically supposed to start within the next week or so. I was going to run it but not be a judge. It has nothing to do with the community contests, which will resume in July due to Valtteri's absence.

I still kind of want to do it just so we can say we did a vanilla contest. On the other hand, though, I'd kinda like to do other stuff that's unrelated to SMBX (would make us more of a community, I think).

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby reghrhre » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Again, no contests please, or make them themed at least.
Nickname wrote:Then give the staff or others who wanna host community events ideas if you have them, I'm sure it'd be appreciated.
They can do it themselves, it doesn't even need to be SMBX related believe it or not! O_O

User avatar
Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am
Flair: kind and devoted and loving friend to all
Location: Germany
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby Aristo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Well a vanilla contest kinda is a theme...?
It takes effort to not accidentally become a cult.

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Postby reghrhre » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:45 pm

It is, but I was referring to the community contests Valtteri hosts.


Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests