Introductions Thread

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
ThePromiseIncarnate
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Trans Fat Cat
Current Project: Super Mario Seasons
Chat Username: Chubby Chick

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby ThePromiseIncarnate » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello, my username is ThePromiseIncarnate(though you can just read it to the right lol), but you can just call me Julie. ^^
I'm a huge Sonic fan and furry that wants to go into game design and writing and have made levels for various projects using the legacy engine. I was in the mood to finally revive my old dead project, "Super Mario Seasons" after it's tragic fate(being scrapped because I was so close to finishing it but the game was too big to upload anywhere), and then caught wind of a new version of SMBX.
Now I'm just wanting to learn the new engine, get use to it, maybe learn how to do Lua.

It's nice to meet you all~

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello, Julie! I'd like to know more about the history of your project, where you tried to upload it; Google Drive is capable of a gigabyte and beyond

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

ThePromiseIncarnate
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby ThePromiseIncarnate » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:02 pm
Hello, Julie! I'd like to know more about the history of your project, where you tried to upload it; Google Drive is capable of a gigabyte and beyond
Alright. ^^
I don't think I knew about Google Drive at the time, or if it was around at the time(my memory is vague on details like that, but I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that drive existed), but then again I probably wouldn't have seen it as an option for some reason.
"Super Mario Seasons" was being worked on with two other people from a site called RMN, where all the episodes I helped work on are. It had a system where the more stuff you make, the more "makerscore" you get, which gives you more space in your "locker"(where your games are stored) to put more stuff. Makerscore was also rewarded for contests and events, but this was before "Castle Masterpiece Set", and the only games I uploaded, as far as I understood the system, wouldn't have increased my Makerscore much if at all, so I had very limited space.
By the time I got the tutorial world and the winter world into the game, I was able to create a demo for people to try, which I think I did upload to an old version of the SMBX forums a long time ago under another name, XxPyroSlasherxX I think? Like I said, long time ago. Chad was a big name, I think it was run by this guy named Knuckles98? Whatever.
After that, I made the next three worlds for Spring, Summer, and Fall, and was going to upload it as a second demo(...which to be fair, is BS in retrospect - that's the full game right there excluding the final world :\ ), but it wouldn't upload for some reason, and I didn't know why. When I figured it was the makerscore/locker that was the problem... I tried uploading it to something like Mediafire I think, and a few other file hosting sites, and no matter what it wouldn't upload. Not that people would download it off another site anyway - I eventually came to deciding the split it into two halves - a file containing all the custom music(which there was a lot... which is very likely why it never fit) and all the levels and graphics - I think I got it working then, but still couldn't upload it directly to RMN and some people told me they'd have loved to play it if it weren't hosted on a completely different site. By that point, the team I had brought together already disbanded because I had previously told them I probably wouldn't be able to upload the game and that I wasn't sure what to do, meaning it was dead shortly before my attempt to "fix it".

I'd continue making SMBX levels, more focusing on RMN and leaving the main SMBX community for a while, until recently. :P

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Do you still have all data available? The community would be somewhat hyped for it; RMN's name is also well-known here after Yoshi Archipelago's release!

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

ThePromiseIncarnate
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby ThePromiseIncarnate » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Oh, nice! And sadly, no. Not as far as I know, at least - I don't think it's even on RMN anymore. :(
I did work on Yoshi's Archipelago, though, so glad to hear. ^^

--shiro--
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: im dumb, really dumb
Current Project: --Super mario dx--
Chat Username: --shiro--

Postby --shiro-- » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:49 am

oh boy here we go

--Hi guys--
im Shiro, as you may see, i am a new memeber, and i've been interested in smbx for a long time, and i though it was about time i make a profile and post some stuff, but first i think i need to introduce myself, Hi! my name is Shiro and i am an independent digital artist who likes to draw and obviously enjoy videogames and the super mario franchise, and i really hope we could get to meet ourselves and have a fun time :)

--See you next time--

8lue Storm
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 pm

--shiro-- wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:49 am
oh boy here we go

--Hi guys--
im Shiro, as you may see, i am a new memeber, and i've been interested in smbx for a long time, and i though it was about time i make a profile and post some stuff, but first i think i need to introduce myself, Hi! my name is Shiro and i am an independent digital artist who likes to draw and obviously enjoy videogames and the super mario franchise, and i really hope we could get to meet ourselves and have a fun time :)

--See you next time--
Welcome, Shiro! I hope you'll have fun here. By the way! I noticed that you tried putting bold and centered text but it didn't work; The reason for this is that you have to put the text between the tags, and not after them. Try quoting my post and check out the word "between", you'll see that it's between italic tags.

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 3 shelljumps in my life!

zkdr
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: zkdr

Postby zkdr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Hello everyone, my username is zkdr. I have a lot of interest in designing levels and have a heavy background in programming and user interface design, and figured I'd join so I could ask questions and keep tabs on discussions. As far as creative output goes, I've created a lot of programs and made my own open-ended text-based game engine, and have created a lot of music.

I'm here to mainly learn where the most updated and useful resources are for learning SMBX2's editor. I am enjoying it so far (quite a bit more than SMBX 1's) and have run into a few issues, but I figured I should search the forums more thoroughly to make sure the question wasn't asked before.

Personally, I'm a big fan of platform games, indie titles that do something different, and my favorite game to date is Morrowind for its open-ended design and player freedom. I hope that I can evoke a sense of presence like that game does, letting the player experience the world and do what they want instead of having to follow a main, linear path. I might not even make a Mario level at all, but maybe a Zelda style one, but I'm sure those have been done to death.

Thank you for maintaining this forum, admins! Nice to see a forum still running these days with so many communities moving to more mainstream platforms.

--shiro--
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: im dumb, really dumb
Current Project: --Super mario dx--
Chat Username: --shiro--

Postby --shiro-- » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:16 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 pm
--shiro-- wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:49 am
oh boy here we go

--Hi guys--

--See you next time--
Welcome, Shiro! I hope you'll have fun here. By the way! I noticed that you tried putting bold and centered text but it didn't work; The reason for this is that you have to put the text between the tags, and not after them. Try quoting my post and check out the word "between", you'll see that it's between italic tags.
thank you so much for the welcome ^^ also thank you so much for the tip, I really appreaciate a lot

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Remember me?

Postby TheKidCodee » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:48 am

So, it's me. TheKidCode(e).
One time, back in 2017 I had basically just disappeared from the entire forums. For those who never knew me then, I was basically this 11 year old kid who had way too much ambition with his "SMBX: Allstars Pack".

First of all, an update on that.

SMBX ASP is officially, declared, dead.
I may come back to the SMBLL section of that pack because that version of the game was actually unique.
The reason I canned that is because I was trying to persue the dream of making my own game. I never got to programming and publicising it until this year. It's actually going great! If you want to follow progress it, go on this server and contact me on it. (https://discord.gg/xTYR5Ck) Though, I have actually changed my username to Fluffy. The old username was way too long and stupid. Also, Sonic in SMBX? Deleted all the files. Done for. Anyway, I'm done with this post. Cya.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Remember me?

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Yes I remember you. Good thing you came back with some more maturity.

[ads]

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Postby TheKidCodee » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Oh, and also, I may be active a bit more on the SMBX Discord. So I guess you could see me more under my Fluffy name.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:57 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:48 am
So, it's me. TheKidCode(e).
Welcome back dude

DKC ambience
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: Hi! This is my new account :D
Current Project: A New Trip from Mario.
Chat Username: DCK ambience

My first post!

Postby DKC ambience » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:27 am

Hello! this is my first post :D
i playing SMBX 1.3.0.1 "the princess cliché" and I would like to know if I agree with the game: https://youtu.be/SoBB19LiqaE

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Your video shows the beginning of The Invasion 2, not of Princess Cliche. Welcome.

[ads]

DMC16
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: -
Current Project: SMB Retroverse
Chat Username: -

Postby DMC16 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 am

Hello, Im DMC16. I was part of SMBX Community back then, but i left the community around 2013/2014. Last month, I checked the smbx community and it was still very active, so I decided to come back. I have never completed a project before, so now I try to make a project and i hope i can finish it.

FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 am

DMC16 wrote: Hello, Im DMC16. I was part of SMBX Community back then, but i left the community around 2013/2014. Last month, I checked the smbx community and it was still very active, so I decided to come back. I have never completed a project before, so now I try to make a project and i hope i can finish it.
Welcome back to the SMBX community! As you can see, I'm a unimportant guy to the community

Return to “Sandbox”