[Poll] General Political Thread.

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Who would be a good president?

Mario
33%
Luigi
42%
Fat Albert
25%

Total votes: 12
Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: [Poll] General Political Thread.

Postby Teemster2 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Electriking wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:08 pm
Trump too dangerous for the entire world to be allowed to continue to be president, with all those war-mongers living in his ear. He has withdrawn from the nuclear deal in Iran, and is probably interested in invading them. He is also helping Saudi Arabia with their genocide on Yemen, and has not broke ties with them despite an American journalist being killed at a Saudi Arabian embassy.

If I was American, I would probably feel guilty about living in a country, and many progressive Americans probably do. How can you claim the military budget needs increasing when it is bigger than the military budgets of the next 12 countries combined?

Most progressive people in America no longer consider themselves democrats anymore because of the more centrist to moderate right position most of the party have taken, especially after Hillary Clinton became the democrat's nominee, and also agree that mainstream media is garbage, and feel that CNN and CNBC are more biased towards the democrats position, while Fox News is more pro-republican (Donald Trump watches Fox News, so go figure). There was a graph from earlier in this thread made by an independent shows where different media organisations generally lie:
Spoiler: show
While Donald Trump has done a few good things like reducing tensions with North Korea (although that can also be attributed to the fact that both Trump and Kim Jon Un are facists), he is a really bad president over all, and I would rather not give him 4 more years to stir up even more trouble.

The Iran deal was seen as a bad deal for many Republicans while democrats generally liked it so that's a matter of opinion.

Saudi Arabia sucks up to whoever is in power. When they thought Hillary was going to win they donated ten million dollars to her. They play both sides for the best deal they can get. Ashoggi was wrongly murdered but that is no reason to end ties with a country. Me personally I do not like Saudi and wish Trump would have nothing to do with them.

The military budget under Obama was abysmal. Maybe Trump has increased it too much but when the last tank factory is about to close something was needed to be done. Maybe there is a better balanced budget that could have been used.

I agree with most of the rest of what you said but a study did show 54% of fox news ads were negative towards Trump before the election. Trump has a big mouth and is not perfect so he's a hard guy for many to like. Even some Republicans hate him but not many. His approval among Republicans is very high right now and his approval for all sides on how are economy is doing is at his highest at 56% feeling he is doing a good job there but that's just a poll and they can be innacurate.

I think north Korea wants to unite with south Korea and knows it must have America on board before that happens.

The democrats are not very popular right now and while some say Trump is a bad president he is actually very popular. When he gave his state of the Union address not to long ago polls showed that even 30% of democrats thought he did a good job and recent poll by a Democrat on Twitter asking democrats if they would rather have more judges like bader or kavanaugh showed the majority chose the conservative right wing judge. The poll was deleted after it backfired on the Democrat who started it but not before people saved it for proof.

It really does not matter who is more popular. The democrats need the blue collar worker force back if they want to win and that will be hard since the economy and record low unemployment for all will be trumps strongest points going into 2020. You guys really need Ohio and the democrats have for the most part already given up on campaigning in Ohio. Sad.

Added in 2 minutes 21 seconds:
Eureka wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 pm
Electriking wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:08 pm
While Donald Trump has done a few good things like reducing tensions with North Korea (although that can also be attributed to the fact that both Trump and Kim Jon Un are facists), he is a really bad president over all, and I would rather not give him 4 more years to stir up even more trouble.
This, I agree with all of this fully. Like seriously, how did people not suspect that Donald Trump would be a piece of shit president?
It was Trump or Hillary and America rejected Hillary for good reasons. Trump took more than 2,500 counties to Hillary's less than 500 and I know many people who feel Trump is a great president so it's a matter of opinion.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Just wanted to say this as it caught my attention today.

Remember the case of the Central Park Five? Where Trump kept demanding death penalty for INNOCENT people and for a not grave enough crime? Yeah he's totally not racist.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:23 am

To all neocons, alt-righters and reactionaries out there:
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:33 am

I always use to say that right mindset stems from narcisstic sickness and is the venom for (and of?) humanity, which makes it so much worse than equivally far left-ness

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:35 pm

The UK is having a general election next week. Labour or Tories?

https://youtu.be/-CgeHrC2boE
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Electriking wrote:The UK is having a general election next week. Labour or Tories?

Labour ples

[ads]

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:23 am
To all neocons, alt-righters and reactionaries out there:
I'm late replying to this but I have a question.

How were the Boston Marathon bombers who are not white far right extremism?

For those that don't know these 2 people were Muslims I believe and used bombs to kill and wound many at the Boston Marathon here in America in 2013.

As far as I know far right extremism refers to white supremacists and Nazis according to the left but the marathon bombers were not even white......
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm

For those that don't know these 2 people were Muslims I believe and used bombs to kill and wound many at the Boston Marathon here in America in 2013.

As far as I know far right extremism refers to white supremacists and Nazis according to the left but the marathon bombers were not even white......
https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf
Pages 28-29 answer this.
According to the ECDB, attackers with violent radical Islamist beliefs were generally those who professed some form of belief in or allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), al-Qa’ida, or other (radical) Islamist-associated terrorist entities. ECDB’s determination of these beliefs are based on statements made by attackers prior to, during, or after their attacks that showed a belief in violent extremist interpretations of Islam, or evidence gathered by police and other sources about the attackers.
They are included because they meet the criteria also listed on those pages.

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Aero wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf
Pages 28-29 answer this.
According to the ECDB, attackers with violent radical Islamist beliefs were generally those who professed some form of belief in or allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), al-Qa’ida, or other (radical) Islamist-associated terrorist entities. ECDB’s determination of these beliefs are based on statements made by attackers prior to, during, or after their attacks that showed a belief in violent extremist interpretations of Islam, or evidence gathered by police and other sources about the attackers.
They are included because they meet the criteria also listed on those pages.
So are you saying all extreme violence is from the right including those from muslims? I'm just trying to understand your position because I thought the op was referring to white mass shooters in America.

Also I want to point out I don't blame mass shooting on any one side or party. In July of 2016 black lives matter, a far left group was holding a rally in Dallas, Texas. A man who was brain washed into believing all cops are evil showed up with a sniper rifle and killed 5 cops and wounded 7 more and 3 civilians. Black lives matter does lean against the police in America heavily and could have influenced the guy but in the end for me it does not come down that or even the gun.

I blame the person who pulled the trigger. In Chicago in 2016 over 700 people died from 5,500 Shootings. Mostly non white gang related I hear. Again it's the people pulling the trigger.

We can go back and forth with the blame game but the problem is these people are sick mentally or screwed up in the head. Who in their right mind would want to kill anyone?

This is a much bigger problem then you think. People die every weekend in Chicago and I would argue that number of 106 is only counting deaths from right extremists or specifically white mass shooters. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I just think we need to find some way to fight all violence from both sides but to often the Democrats or Republicans only care if it fits their agenda.

The Boston bombers were in my opinion not right or left. Just two sick brain washed people wanting to kill Americans with bombs.

I also don't see banning guns as stopping the violence here in Americs. It did not work for Mexico.

I'm rambling now and probably made my reply confusing. What are your thoughts?

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm
So are you saying all extreme violence is from the right including those from muslims? I'm just trying to understand your position because I thought the op was referring to white mass shooters in America.

Also I want to point out I don't blame mass shooting on any one side or party. In July of 2016 black lives matter, a far left group was holding a rally in Dallas, Texas. A man who was brain washed into believing all cops are evil showed up with a sniper rifle and killed 5 cops and wounded 7 more and 3 civilians. Black lives matter does lean against the police in America heavily and could have influenced the guy but in the end for me it does not come down that or even the gun.

I blame the person who pulled the trigger. In Chicago in 2016 over 700 people died from 5,500 Shootings. Mostly non white gang related I hear. Again it's the people pulling the trigger.

We can go back and forth with the blame game but the problem is these people are sick mentally or screwed up in the head. Who in their right mind would want to kill anyone?

This is a much bigger problem then you think. People die every weekend in Chicago and I would argue that number of 106 is only counting deaths from right extremists or specifically white mass shooters. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I just think we need to find some way to fight all violence from both sides but to often the Democrats or Republicans only care if it fits their agenda.

The Boston bombers were in my opinion not right or left. Just two sick brain washed people wanting to kill Americans with bombs.

I also don't see banning guns as stopping the violence here in Americs. It did not work for Mexico.

It's important to have a clear overview to study terrorism. In order to analyze it and fight it there needs to be clear and specific definitions. Discussing violence in Chicago doesn't help to understand terror threats. That broadens the scope far beyond terror and into other problems with violent crime. At the same time having too narrow of a definition of terror to just white nationalist terror misses cases of Islamic terror which does indeed come from the right wing believers of that religion. I personally don't believe saying "100% of the terror comes from this ideology" is particularly helpful because it doesn't tell much. After the Unite the Right event in Charlottesville, Virginia where Heather Heyer was murdered by a white nationalist; this is where the Alt-Right movement largely fell apart because of the rally being a disaster, and the mass negative reaction led to it peaking: https://www.newsweek.com/alt-right-frac ... ear-785552

Since that was when the Alt-Right broke apart, that's opened the door to "lone wolf" terror such as the mass shooting in El Paso, Texas and the targetting of mosques. This is why I don't use the term Alt-Right any more post-Charlottesville because it has splintered off unique threats with more specific ideologies. There's a lot of ways to counter this, but the gun debate as it relates to Chicago is irrelevant. Just looking at these people for what they are and calling them what they are is one thing. If you take that level of narcissism and attach it to a reactionary ideology, that's how you can get people to permit themselves to do awful things including murder and terrorism. When it comes to counter terror within Islam, the last thing that should be done is to push people away especially when people are trying to escape the more and more radical elements. Treating Muslims as a monolith and treating Islamic terror as a unique phenomenon gets in the way of counter terrorism. It's very difficult to get away from brainwashing, and the abusive structures people rely on whether it comes from their religion or political ideology. I'd recommend looking into Christian Picciolini's work when it comes to the motivations of these people and deradicalization.

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 am

Aero wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm

It's important to have a clear overview to study terrorism. In order to analyze it and fight it there needs to be clear and specific definitions. Discussing violence in Chicago doesn't help to understand terror threats. That broadens the scope far beyond terror and into other problems with violent crime. At the same time having too narrow of a definition of terror to just white nationalist terror misses cases of Islamic terror which does indeed come from the right wing believers of that religion. I personally don't believe saying "100% of the terror comes from this ideology" is particularly helpful because it doesn't tell much. After the Unite the Right event in Charlottesville, Virginia where Heather Heyer was murdered by a white nationalist; this is where the Alt-Right movement largely fell apart because of the rally being a disaster, and the mass negative reaction led to it peaking: https://www.newsweek.com/alt-right-frac ... ear-785552

Since that was when the Alt-Right broke apart, that's opened the door to "lone wolf" terror such as the mass shooting in El Paso, Texas and the targetting of mosques. This is why I don't use the term Alt-Right any more post-Charlottesville because it has splintered off unique threats with more specific ideologies. There's a lot of ways to counter this, but the gun debate as it relates to Chicago is irrelevant. Just looking at these people for what they are and calling them what they are is one thing. If you take that level of narcissism and attach it to a reactionary ideology, that's how you can get people to permit themselves to do awful things including murder and terrorism. When it comes to counter terror within Islam, the last thing that should be done is to push people away especially when people are trying to escape the more and more radical elements. Treating Muslims as a monolith and treating Islamic terror as a unique phenomenon gets in the way of counter terrorism. It's very difficult to get away from brainwashing, and the abusive structures people rely on whether it comes from their religion or political ideology. I'd recommend looking into Christian Picciolini's work when it comes to the motivations of these people and deradicalization.

The shootings in Chicago may not be classified as extreme terrism but kill more people every year even if it's just gang related mostly.

The guy in charlettsville never went there to kill anyone. The tensions were high on both sides and the guy was trying to leave and found himself surrounded by protesters. In the video I saw it looked like someone tried hitting his car with something. For whatever reason he panicked and tried to speed through the crowd which was stupid and his fault. If it was intentional the protesters were still blocking the road leaving the guy surrounded by angry screaming protesters. I think he just panicked and got scared but I could be wrong.

The rally had a mix of KKK supporters and far right supporters and counter protestors. The KKK are like less than 1% of America and the Republican party never has and never will support them. We have always been majority Christian.

After Trump was elected there were prosters blocking the roads and with one such event a person died in an ambulance waiting to go to the hospital. My point is both sides have caused deaths. The Dallas shooter is proof that extreme violence does come from the left too.

I don't think it's fair to point the finger at any one side but since the right is being attacked I want to point out the left started the KKK back in the 1800s here in America, kills tens of millions of babies (over 20 million black babies) and sells the body parts per planned parent hood, supports antifa which has mixed reviews and has been violent at times and has black lives matter which teaches people to hate on police and resulted in 5 dead cops in Dallas.

Both sides are far from perfect. The Republican party lost African voters in the 1940s to 1970s when the Democratic party became all about jobs and economy and wanted the votes. Every big thing done for Africans has always been supported by Republicans. We are starting to get back African support on the right.

As Kanye West said. 8 years under Obama and nothing changed in Chicago. Several people I know admitted to voting for Obama only because he was black. I want Candace Owens to run in 2024. Not because she is black but because she is 100% real and I agree with most of what she says. Most of my friends at work are black and I think they are great people.

As for the El Paso mass shooter that was 1 of 3 mass shootings in 24 hours. He was a Trump supporter but the Dayton Ohio shooter was a Elizabeth Warren supporter and Democrat and the mass shooter in Chicago was nether. El Paso shooter went into a wal mart, Dayton shooter went into a bar that was said his girlfriend was also in at the time and the Chicago guy drove by a park and opened fire on civilians. If I remember right 4 were killed and several injured with a guy shot in his groin.

I agree most mass shooters are white but I don't even think that compares with the 106 dead over 14+ years vs over 700 dead in just a single year in Chicago which is said to be mostly black on black killing. It's impossible to blame any one single party in America for all of these shootings and killings in my opinion.

As for the last paragraph I will have to do more research. I will also let you have the final word as I feel I have said all I need to say. Thanks for the discusion and for being civil.

I think that all violence is extreme and bad and I don't support any of it. I also think both parties are corrupt but I agree with what the Republican party stands for. Having that said I don't vote strait party line. Mitt Romney never had my vote.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Teemster, do you watch PragerU by chance?
Just for future reference...
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:52 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm
Teemster, do you watch PragerU by chance?
Just for future reference...
I have seen a few to be honest.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:17 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 am
The shootings in Chicago may not be classified as extreme terrism but kill more people every year even if it's just gang related mostly.

The guy in charlettsville never went there to kill anyone. The tensions were high on both sides and the guy was trying to leave and found himself surrounded by protesters. In the video I saw it looked like someone tried hitting his car with something. For whatever reason he panicked and tried to speed through the crowd which was stupid and his fault. If it was intentional the protesters were still blocking the road leaving the guy surrounded by angry screaming protesters. I think he just panicked and got scared but I could be wrong.

The rally had a mix of KKK supporters and far right supporters and counter protestors. The KKK are like less than 1% of America and the Republican party never has and never will support them. We have always been majority Christian.

After Trump was elected there were prosters blocking the roads and with one such event a person died in an ambulance waiting to go to the hospital. My point is both sides have caused deaths. The Dallas shooter is proof that extreme violence does come from the left too.

I don't think it's fair to point the finger at any one side but since the right is being attacked I want to point out the left started the KKK back in the 1800s here in America, kills tens of millions of babies (over 20 million black babies) and sells the body parts per planned parent hood, supports antifa which has mixed reviews and has been violent at times and has black lives matter which teaches people to hate on police and resulted in 5 dead cops in Dallas.

Both sides are far from perfect. The Republican party lost African voters in the 1940s to 1970s when the Democratic party became all about jobs and economy and wanted the votes. Every big thing done for Africans has always been supported by Republicans. We are starting to get back African support on the right.

As Kanye West said. 8 years under Obama and nothing changed in Chicago. Several people I know admitted to voting for Obama only because he was black. I want Candace Owens to run in 2024. Not because she is black but because she is 100% real and I agree with most of what she says. Most of my friends at work are black and I think they are great people.

As for the El Paso mass shooter that was 1 of 3 mass shootings in 24 hours. He was a Trump supporter but the Dayton Ohio shooter was a Elizabeth Warren supporter and Democrat and the mass shooter in Chicago was nether. El Paso shooter went into a wal mart, Dayton shooter went into a bar that was said his girlfriend was also in at the time and the Chicago guy drove by a park and opened fire on civilians. If I remember right 4 were killed and several injured with a guy shot in his groin.

I agree most mass shooters are white but I don't even think that compares with the 106 dead over 14+ years vs over 700 dead in just a single year in Chicago which is said to be mostly black on black killing. It's impossible to blame any one single party in America for all of these shootings and killings in my opinion.

As for the last paragraph I will have to do more research. I will also let you have the final word as I feel I have said all I need to say. Thanks for the discusion and for being civil.

I think that all violence is extreme and bad and I don't support any of it. I also think both parties are corrupt but I agree with what the Republican party stands for. Having that said I don't vote strait party line. Mitt Romney never had my vote.
Alright so there's a lot going on in this post.

Yes, shootings in Chicago are not classified as terrorism even though gangs kill more people. The gangs are not motivated by any guiding ideology like with terrorism. You don't have to hear it from Kanye that nothing has fundamentally changed in Chicago either. Former mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel is one of the most despised people in the Democratic party. He used a city of people to prop himself up within the party despite being wildly unpopular and mishandling issues related to violence. His answer to unarmed people being extra-judicially killed by police was to give the police more tasers and then call it a day. Obama isn't without blame either. There has to be a substantive critique though so you don't replace them with someone with rhetoric they won't follow through on. Kanye and Candice Owens have the rhetoric, but they don't follow it up with policy proposals and changes that would effect material change to reduce violence in Chicago. If gun control isn't the answer, what's the alternative? What laws would fix the issues?

Regarding the KKK, it was a terror group formed by Democrats in the 1800s, and yeah the KKK is a lot less than 1% of America. In between the formation and now there's a lot of history that would have them in attendance of the Unite the Right rally and having nothing to do with modern Democrats who are called left wing now. It's a very ahistorical "Democrats are the real racists" argument that just doesn't hold up. There is a problem with racism in the Democratic party. I think there's a lot for Democrats to answer for when it comes to race issues. Linking the modern Democratic party to what it was doesn't accomplish that. Also adding abortion to violent crime numbers is just incoherent. It doesn't help anyone to compare abortion with murder, and despite that kind of rhetoric abortions continue to rise. Abortion declines when mothers are secure financially with a rising standard of living. If you want to go into race and abortion, black and hispanic women have a higher rate of abortion than do white women. They also face health care discrimination, a higher poverty rate, and the lack of support to raise a child. It's a numbers and statistics game. Think about the terror of a young woman needing to seek out an abortion because she can't take care of her child in a culture that doesn't respect mothers nor supports them with child care. Affordable day care, maternity leave, higher education, sexual education, and support for mothers are all linked to a reduction in both poverty and abortion. The overwhelming majority of abortions are within the first weeks, anything later is when a mother was expecting to have a child but something horrible happened before she could. Reducing unplanned pregnancies and giving mothers the support they need reduces abortion rates. Treating it like it's murder fundamentally misunderstands the issue.

As for the rest of the post I'd just be repeating myself so I'll leave it at that.

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Aero wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:17 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 am

Alright so there's a lot going on in this post.

Yes, shootings in Chicago are not classified as terrorism even though gangs kill more people. The gangs are not motivated by any guiding ideology like with terrorism. You don't have to hear it from Kanye that nothing has fundamentally changed in Chicago either. Former mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel is one of the most despised people in the Democratic party. He used a city of people to prop himself up within the party despite being wildly unpopular and mishandling issues related to violence. His answer to unarmed people being extra-judicially killed by police was to give the police more tasers and then call it a day. Obama isn't without blame either. There has to be a substantive critique though so you don't replace them with someone with rhetoric they won't follow through on. Kanye and Candice Owens have the rhetoric, but they don't follow it up with policy proposals and changes that would effect material change to reduce violence in Chicago. If gun control isn't the answer, what's the alternative? What laws would fix the issues?

Regarding the KKK, it was a terror group formed by Democrats in the 1800s, and yeah the KKK is a lot less than 1% of America. In between the formation and now there's a lot of history that would have them in attendance of the Unite the Right rally and having nothing to do with modern Democrats who are called left wing now. It's a very ahistorical "Democrats are the real racists" argument that just doesn't hold up. There is a problem with racism in the Democratic party. I think there's a lot for Democrats to answer for when it comes to race issues. Linking the modern Democratic party to what it was doesn't accomplish that. Also adding abortion to violent crime numbers is just incoherent. It doesn't help anyone to compare abortion with murder, and despite that kind of rhetoric abortions continue to rise. Abortion declines when mothers are secure financially with a rising standard of living. If you want to go into race and abortion, black and hispanic women have a higher rate of abortion than do white women. They also face health care discrimination, a higher poverty rate, and the lack of support to raise a child. It's a numbers and statistics game. Think about the terror of a young woman needing to seek out an abortion because she can't take care of her child in a culture that doesn't respect mothers nor supports them with child care. Affordable day care, maternity leave, higher education, sexual education, and support for mothers are all linked to a reduction in both poverty and abortion. The overwhelming majority of abortions are within the first weeks, anything later is when a mother was expecting to have a child but something horrible happened before she could. Reducing unplanned pregnancies and giving mothers the support they need reduces abortion rates. Treating it like it's murder fundamentally misunderstands the issue.

As for the rest of the post I'd just be repeating myself so I'll leave it at that.
Well you obviously know what your talking about. It's nice to have a civil discusion with someone and enjoy the discusion at the same time. I agree with most of what you said so I won't keep this going any longer. Thanks for that well thought out response.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Same to you, thank you for being civil as well. I'm glad you appreciated the response.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm

https://youtu.be/utsJPo9rR5s
A livestream for election night.

Also there's about 40 minutes left before polling stations close, in case you are eligible to vote in this election, but haven't done so yet.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Also there's about 40 minutes left before polling stations close, in case you are eligible to vote in this election, but haven't done so yet.
Historic win for the right in the 🇬🇧. I wonder what changes will be coming after brexit?

Is anyone happy about this or no?

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Historic win for the right in the 🇬🇧. I wonder what changes will be coming after brexit?

Is anyone happy about this or no?
I still don't understand how Conservatives won. Literally everywhere I looked at the run up to the election gave the impression that people didn't want the Tories to win. For example, so many people on Twitter talking about how they shouldn't be voting for Conservatives. It seemed so likely that Labour were going to win - and then they suddenly lose? How?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Teemster2 wrote:Is anyone happy about this or no?

Does that sound like you're in favor of Brexit happening?

If it happens, I hope that it will successfully make the UK fall apart.

[ads]

Return to “Sandbox”